Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Haha Kevin I think you have Vespa envy!

Funny but a couple of friends in high school were �mods� just 20 years late and wrong side of the Atlantic. But they dressed funny (in High School, didn�t we all) and rode Vespa�s and Lambretta�s. I rode my buds Vespa a couple of times, and found it to be rather annoying; I�ll take a motorcycle. Nowadays I think the mods have evolved into the Goth crowd, but I don�t know that any of them ride scooters. Round my part of the country, when you see a guy riding a little scooter, that means he lost his driver�s license; usually DWI.

These days the mods are hipsters. Or maybe metrosexuals. Or maybe that was last week.

Anyway, in HS or now or any time between I'd rather walk than ride a Vespa. YMMV.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Anyway, in HS or now or any time between I'd rather walk than ride a Vespa. YMMV.

Well, we used to have a saying about scooters and mopeds. �they�re like ugly chicks�fun to ride until your friends catch you on them�.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
What do most revolver shooters get at 25 yards? How about 50? Yikes, hit the paper. Go to 100!!!!! But JWP hits animals at 175 yards in the neck with factory loads. Some claims are way out of rifle ranges.
Revolver energy is a piss in the hole. But his are magic.
I still like the super hunter with a camera man and a bunch of people going close to hand fed buffalo. It was like shooting old milk cows. I was impressed with the jerk with the rifle while the bigger jerk shot the .500 S&W that almost clocked his head. I bet it cost thousands to shoot the milk cow and more thousands for a mount.
Fancy high dollar hunts or should I say "SHOOTS?"
I could kill piles of deer in my yard but they are used to us and my dogs, Squirrels in my bird feeder. I have doves in the feeder. It is what big hunters pay for, Kill animals that are tame.
Go free range and shoot an animal in the neck at 175 yards with an open sight revolver is nothing but stupid, a trick. To brag about it is nothing but showing stupid.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
What do most revolver shooters get at 25 yards? How about 50? Yikes, hit the paper. Go to 100!!!!! But JWP hits animals at 175 yards in the neck with factory loads. Some claims are way out of rifle ranges.
I still like the super hunter with a camera man and a bunch of people going close to hand fed buffalo. It was like shooting old milk cows. I was impressed with the jerk with the rifle while the bigger jerk shot the .500 S&W that almost clocked his head. I bet it cost thousands to shoot the milk cow and more thousands for a mount.
I could kill piles of deer in my yard but they are used to us and my dogs, Squirrels in my bird feeder. I have doves in the feeder. It is what big hunters pay for, Kill animals that are tame.
Go free range and shoot an animal in the neck at 175 yards with an open sight revolver is nothing but stupid, a trick. To brag about it is nothing but showing stupid.

Now you are making claims that I claimed to have shot an animal at 175 yards in the neck and again your claim is an out and out lie, You can not find a post on any web site to support that claim. In a post above your claim was 275 yards so you have subtracted 100 yards and still you are 100% incorrect

This is what you posted in the opening post

No restrictions, sandbags or off hand, just say how. Any ammo, any caliber from .44 up. Does not need to be paper, water bottles or pop cans are fine.

It seems with you that stick to one claim is not possible

No wonder that you have gotten the boot from 3 or 4 web sites, keep on maybe you c an add to that total

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Anyone that cares can read through this thread and the evidence is self explanatory

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2911043/m/355103176?r=763101276#763101276

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I think this is the beginning of your getting kick of this site

http://www.handgunhunt.com/forum/ub...Board/8/page/12/fpart/all/gonew/1#UNREAD

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
BFR, did you make those five shots freehand or off a rest?

Shot from sandbags. I shot 1/2" groups with open sights from Creedmore at 50 meters when I could see. I still hit water bottles at 100 yards off hand.
Vision loss hurts.
I have to ask if you can do the same from a rest? The scope is gone for an Ultra Dot for deer.
But understand I post how to load, not factory loads. JWP disputes my loads and my information. But he shoots factory.
Hardly anyone can hit small targets off hand with a revolver at distance, nobody can hold still.
This has never been about how good a person shoots, just how you can make a gun shoot, that is where it is and why I say to JWP, any way you shoot but not a Ransom rest. Prove accuracy with loads you make, any way you shoot.
You only dispute my loads and info so if I shot factory only, where would you be? The only knowledge you have is from my posts and those that know how to load. So many from every site can put you to shame with hand loads. The way I understand what you say is that you do not load, do not understand powders or primers and brass. You can not contribute. You never contribute. You have no idea what a revolver needs, you can't help a single person.
Load your own and show us instead of being a rich blowhard.
See these 5 shots at 100 yards in the top of the can. I had to stand the can back up after every shot and the orientation might be off. See it is less then 1". You should beat that easy but if you ever got less then 10" at 100 yards maybe some would listen to you. From a rest, here are 5 shots at 100 yards at the top of this can. Other holes from a friends rifle. [Linked Image]

"Yes" would've worked too.

I don't know if I could've made those shots under the same conditions. To be honest, shooting a giant scoped revolver off of sandbags holds zero interest to me, just like what I do with a pistol would probably hold zero interest for you.

As far as the rest of your rambling, incoherent post goes...I don't even know who it was directed at. If you wanna fancy yourself a pistolero, go right ahead.

Not at all, I am an average shot, no better then any of you. I just learned the revolver. JWP disputes me with no knowledge at all. Many of you do shoot real good, but this is personal between me and JWP. I want him to show what he says. None of you are involved. I want to see what he advocates to help a single person with his super knowledge. I don't see where he has offered a single, tiny point other then how great he is. Can he explain a boolit lube? Can he explain Throat size or groove size? Can he explain case tension? Can he explain alloys? Can he explain primers?
What do all of you want? Do you want a big bluff or do you want to shoot good?
He will not shoot against me. He will keep bluffing with old stuff.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If none of us are involved then take this mangina drama to PM, because none of us care about your lube or his problems with you.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter

Shot from sandbags. I shot 1/2" groups with open sights from Creedmore at 50 meters when I could see. I still hit water bottles at 100 yards off hand.
Vision loss hurts.
I have to ask if you can do the same from a rest? The scope is gone for an Ultra Dot for deer.
But understand I post how to load, not factory loads. JWP disputes my loads and my information. But he shoots factory.
Hardly anyone can hit small targets off hand with a revolver at distance, nobody can hold still.
This has never been about how good a person shoots, just how you can make a gun shoot, that is where it is and why I say to JWP, any way you shoot but not a Ransom rest. Prove accuracy with loads you make, any way you shoot.
You only dispute my loads and info so if I shot factory only, where would you be? The only knowledge you have is from my posts and those that know how to load. So many from every site can put you to shame with hand loads. The way I understand what you say is that you do not load, do not understand powders or primers and brass. You can not contribute. You never contribute. You have no idea what a revolver needs, you can't help a single person.
See these 5 shots at 100 yards in the top of the can. I had to stand the can back up after every shot and the orientation might be off. See it is less then 1". You should beat that easy but if you ever got less then 10" at 100 yards maybe some would listen to you. From a rest, here are 5 shots at 100 yards at the top of this can. Other holes from a friends rifle. [Linked Image]

"Yes" would've worked too.

I don't know if I could've made those shots under the same conditions. To be honest, shooting a giant scoped revolver off of sandbags holds zero interest to me, just like what I do with a pistol would probably hold zero interest for you.

As far as the rest of your rambling, incoherent post goes...I don't even know who it was directed at. If you wanna fancy yourself a pistolero, go right ahead.

Not at all, I am an average shot, no better then any of you. I just learned the revolver. JWP disputes me with no knowledge at all. Many of you do shoot real good, but this is personal between me and JWP. I want him to show what he says. None of you are involved. I want to see what he advocates to help a single person with his super knowledge. I don't see where he has offered a single, tiny point other then how great he is. Can he explain a boolit lube? Can he explain Throat size or groove size? Can he explain case tension? Can he explain alloys? Can he explain primers?
What do all of you want? Do you want a big bluff or do you want to shoot good?
He will not shoot against me. He will keep bluffing with old stuff.
I see why you keep getting booted off other sites. You never STFU!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"...but this is personal between me and JWP" bfr

Then take it to PM's or better yet exchange emails

You're taking up a lot of bandwidth and not adding anything to the discussion of Handguns and shooting!

Give it a rest,

jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]
This should do the trick...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I hate treads like this one. This is not a challenge, it's a hit piece. I've enjoyed both of your posts but not the tenor of this thread.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Anyone who intentionally misrepresents (read lies about) the truth in a pitiful attempt to put someone else in a bad light is, IMHO, just another jackass.

That shoe and your foot seem to be a perfect match.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker

You're taking up a lot of bandwidth and not adding anything to the discussion of Handguns and shooting!

Give it a rest,

jerry

That is the problem, he PM's me and does nothing but bash me over and over. No discussions at all, just a mean spirited person that feels I step on him.
I bring it public so he can't dodge with PM's and his virtual screaming.
I have told all of you every single thing I ever learned. Will he also teach anything? Will he tell you how to make a revolver shoot like a rifle.
Too many are repeating me word for word after booting me, I found I was booted from 2 sites as I signed up!!!! Behind the scene nonsense.
JWP will never meet a challenge or have any advise for any of you. I see some here are followers, dragging on shirt tails instead of trying for yourselves.
I do have a reputation, not because of my help but because the Kings do not want to be proven wrong. I don't want to be King, just try things you don't see in gun rags or from the local expert.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker

Give it a rest,

jerry

That is the problem, he PM's me and does nothing but bash me over and over. No discussions at all, just a mean spirited person that feels I step on him.
I bring it public so he can't dodge with PM's and his virtual screaming.
I have told all of you every single thing I ever learned. Will he also teach anything? Will he tell you how to make a revolver shoot like a rifle.
Too many are repeating me word for word after booting me, I found I was booted from 2 sites as I signed up!!!! Behind the scene nonsense.
JWP will never meet a challenge or have any advise for any of you. I see some here are followers, dragging on shirt tails instead of trying for yourselves.
I do have a reputation, not because of my help but because the Kings do not want to be proven wrong. I don't want to be King, just try things you don't see in gun rags or from the local expert.

Laughin' my ass off.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Allow me prescribe some
[Linked Image]

For the treatment of

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Vision loss hurts.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Some of you are funny, gave me a laugh. No, it does not bother me.
I post ideas, nothing more or less. Read me or ignore me. But if you can prove better it is accepted. I never stopped learning.
Just show what you say and don't scream at me with PM's.
My challenge is legit.
History with me and JWP go way back so all I ask is for him to show. Stop the PM's and come into the open.
How about the rest of you showing and explaining how to make a revolver shoot? Show me, show others and tell them what to do.
Those with the funny posts, show some 100 yard groups or are you keyboard experts? I will count the number of those that can break 1" with cast at 100 on one hand----NO, one finger. Are you keyboard experts up to it? You are welcome.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Well I consider myself a very average handgunner but the reason I reached for the pistol as a hunting tool was not to shoot 1" at 100 yards, it was get close. I have yet to shoot past 50 yards on game with a pistol and most are well under that. On pigs I would say the average is closer to 15 yards, maybe even less.

I shoot a 5" Bilsey in .45lc and have no desire to stretch the range at all. Sure I like to hit rocks and such at longer ranges but the point of using the pistol is getting close, crawling on my knees, meeting a few cactus along the way etc. I am very satisfied shooting open sights and getting 2-3" groups at 50 yards from a out of the box Ruger using my loads. I am sure I could improve the mechanical accuracy but my eyes will not do any better. Spending precious time, powder and primers working with neck tension, modified crimps etc does nothing for me.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

F
F
Some of you are funny, gave me a laugh. No, it does not bother me.
I post ideas, nothing more or less. Read me or ignore me. But if you can prove better it is accepted. I never stopped learning.
Just show what you say and don't scream at me with PM's.
My challenge is legit.
History with me and JWP go way back so all I ask is for him to show. Stop the PM's and come into the open.
How about the rest of you showing and explaining how to make a revolver shoot? Show me, show others and tell them what to do.
Those with the funny posts, show some 100 yard groups or are you keyboard experts? I will count the number of those that can break 1" with cast at 100 on one hand----NO, one finger. Are you keyboard experts up to it? You are welcome.

Here's how my BFR 475 shoots at 200 yards. I like to see others show off their groups also. That is how we progress. Quality over quantity.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 21, 17CalFan, 1234, 19rabbit52, 56 invisible), 1,979 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,464
Posts18,508,265
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.