Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

I dunno, I think the 4 shots in 5 seconds with a mag reload (#6) may be the hardest to do in the time.........even with an OS mag release, shooting one handed & with the 2nd mag held ready, that is tough.

If you are shooting something like a Glock or M& P with a standard mag release, that could be really tough.

JMHO

MM

I agree completely. I was just saying that I was surprised by the number of shooters RJM witnessed the 5 in 3 stage.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave
For whatever reason I think the five in 3 seconds is pretty tough. I'm surprised that many did it.

Travis

I dunno, I think the 4 shots in 5 seconds with a mag reload (#6) may be the hardest to do in the time.........even with an OS mag release, shooting one handed & with the 2nd mag held ready, that is tough.

If you are shooting something like a Glock or M& P with a standard mag release, that could be really tough.

JMHO

MM

A lot of people I know can draw and fire one shot from the holster in 1.5 seconds...repeat shots at that point are usually in the .25 to .40 area...so four more shots adds only 1 to 1.5 seconds.

It was why a lot more shooters made the two shots in 1.75 seoconds than made the one shot in 1.25 seconds...their second shot took a lot less time once the gun was up and going.

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJM
Originally Posted by deflave
For whatever reason I think the five in 3 seconds is pretty tough. I'm surprised that many did it.

Travis

JMHO

MM

A lot of people I know can draw and fire one shot from the holster in 1.5 seconds...repeat shots at that point are usually in the .25 to .40 area...so four more shots adds only 1 to 1.5 seconds.

It was why a lot more shooters made the two shots in 1.75 seoconds than made the one shot in 1.25 seconds...their second shot took a lot less time once the gun was up and going.

Bob

Agreed...........but the mag drop & re-insertion & the drop of the slide is where the time comes in.

The actual shooting time is not an issue, especially from the ready position.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I looked and that mag change stage is one that I didn't adjust the time on. We might need to adjust the time on it if the judge seems necessary.

I'm gonna really try and get to the range tomorrow afternoon.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hit the hills today, ran through most of it (the 'long range' stuff will be easy) to get a feel.
I was using my Security-Six with mid-power LSWCs.
I've only shot weak-hand once before, in our last 24 contest. I'll have to practice a little. I could make the time OK, but my shots were stringing just left off the paper.
I need to practice for the hostage target, also. I nicked one guy's cheekbone, blasted through the other's eye socket edge, and gave one a sore shoulder. Those were 3, 4, & 5 after two perfect centers, so maybe I got cocky! But I was well within time, so I should be able to put that one together easily.
So, I'll be able to do everything but the reload stage. I haven't practiced that skill, either. I tried shooting with a pair of cartridges in my left hand, but I didn't come close to closing the cylinder before time expired. Then I tried it with a Sig 9, kept trying to (unnecessarily) pull out the mag.
I can't guarantee to myself that I'll pass that one ever.

Overall, fun.
But I'm slower than I was when I was in my practicing prime!

Do we have to run the whole deal through successfully, or are we allowed to patch together successful pieces?

Campfire Pistolero x2

Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else. -Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
macrabbit,

You can do the course in stages.

Bonus points for using a Security Six...

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I looked and that mag change stage is one that I didn't adjust the time on.
We might need to adjust the time on it if the judge seems necessary.

We are mere mortals. I beg of you, lords, kings, and judges.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got an idea-- take 10 seconds from the 50-yd stage and add them to the reload stage. The total time will be equal, everyone will be happy, and no one the wiser.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
10 seconds!?!?!?!? You'd better be able to relaid an extra three times....

It's up to Deflave. I've recorded changing it to 5 seconds. That'll give you 1.75 for each two shots and 1.5 seconds for a reload.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Printing up the hostage target now, confirm on the 25 and 50 yard stages what positions are acceptable?

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
25 yards is standing unsupported.

At 50 yards we can use barricades for support. No bench resting, just use something to simulate cover and also use it for support.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just can't slip anything past you, can I?

My print-out of the course was in 5. Had it been listed even faster originally? Yeek!

I'll have to design a forearm-mounted magazine holder, so I can just slam a pistol down against an upright magazine. And maybe fiddle with the gun so that inserting a mag drops the slide.
Or maybe have an assistant on each side of me, one to press the mag release, one to slide in a new mag, the first to drop slide-- bip-schlunk-whack -- while I maintain stance and aim.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm shooting this today...standby for video.

50 and 25 are done.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Pants?

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yes. It was sunny, didn't wanna burn.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well I can't figure out how to get the video loaded.

I passed everything but the weak hand shots. Couldn't get that below 4.5 seconds. Did the reload in 4.1. Hostage shots were all below 1.5 seconds.

Anybody know how to link a video from photobucket without allowing access to my whole account?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did the reload in 4.1.

I'm in trouble...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well I can't figure out how to get the video loaded.

I passed everything but the weak hand shots. Couldn't get that below 4.5 seconds. Did the reload in 4.1. Hostage shots were all below 1.5 seconds.

Anybody know how to link a video from photobucket without allowing access to my whole account?

No.

Just make youtube account and use that.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Winner is announced. Actual field shooting, multi gun, timed and calculated. Paper doesn't count as much as flesh and bone...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by RJM
.....A lot of people I know can draw and fire one shot from the holster in 1.5 seconds...repeat shots at that point are usually in the .25 to .40 area...so four more shots adds only 1 to 1.5 seconds.

Bob

Back in the day when I was an Embassy Marine, the standard we trained to was 2 shots in 2 seconds, from a snapped holster. Distance 3 yards.

We had other stages at 3, 7, 15, and 25 yards. Model 19 Smith & Wesson, all DA of course.

After my embassy tours I taught at Quantico for a couple years, training Marines for Embassy Duty. It always amazed me how well training works. We practiced the draw, and dry fired more times than you can imagine, before going to the range. Some students had bloody blisters on their trigger fingers, just from the dry firing. But it sure did instill muscle memory.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,268
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.