Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First, I like the name "Nork's"

And I was with you until you said China would facilitate a unification; no way. If they had any interest in that, they would have done it years ago, and they wouldn't have to roll tanks in to do it. If we want it, ROK wants it, and then suddenly China wants it, there's not much the Nork's can do but piss and moan, and then give in. No, China doesn't want the Nork's to unify with the South, because the Nork's would very quickly become a low cost labor competitor to China. And while the Nork's were ramping up to be low cost labor competitors, China's border problem would get out of hand pretty much overnight, now that the Nork military didn't give a crap anymore.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The greater concern here would be NK uniting with the likes of Iran and Syria and providing them with nuclear weaponry.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RISJR
The greater concern here would be NK uniting with the likes of Iran and Syria and providing them with nuclear weaponry.
Syria isn�t much of a threat until they settle their internal family squabbles. Asad couldn�t do anything with Nuke technology right now if he wanted to; he�s desperately trying to hold on to his little kingdom. As for Iran�that�s a done deal, they will build a nuke and we can�t stop it. The Nork�s could help speed up the process, and probably help with an ICBM, which is an inconvenience�but as we all can see, Iran is going to get there anyhow. So it�s just a matter of when.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My understanding is that they already have as far as sharing technology.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem

I seriously doubt we would hit high population centers with portable sun but I'd bet he's so targeted by standoff cruise warheads they'd be bumping in to each other trying to find a home! grin

This is the reason these lunatic leaders around the world keep poking us with a stick.

Well yeah but we can't go downtown wiping populated cities off the map just to prove our military prowess and we won't.Can you imagine the outcry from the international community should we level Pong Yang with a mushroom cloud, kill millions even though the kid king throws the first punch? We have the technology to surgically take out command and control even when embedded in the populace as we so accomplished in Baghdad.. doubtful that game plan has changed.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If NK launches or even appears to launch, their entire country will be vaporized.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If NK launches or even appears to launch, their entire country will be vaporized.
Many here disagree with me, but I still think that if we can do the job conventionally, we do it conventionally, even if he turns to nukes�of course that would all greatly depend on how successful his turning to nukes is. But no one benefits from us making mushroom clouds all over the peninsula. And if Lil-Kim went nuke, the entire world would galvanize against him; we wouldn�t have to go it alone by a LONG shot.

The aftermath of rebuilding NK would be much better if we don�t use nukes also.

But�I don�t know that we could afford a conventional war; so that leaves us with what we used to call on the playground as �tag-backs�.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not so sure about vaporizing the entire country but should he throw the first punch he's opened a Pandora's Box he'll soon regret should he survive being taken out by his own kind.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Have any of you given thought to the possibility of Iran, Palestine, Syria, as well as the large terrorist factions getting involved and upping the ante? I can see in my minds eye how they might all love to work together to cripple the US with something ugly they cooked up.

I could see No K. and Iran and Al Quaeda creating an itinerary together that included hitting US bases around the globe with the best they have, along with the advantages of "getting the first strike in"

Sooner or later the egg is gonna crack and Iran or No K will be forced to demonstrate some full powered initiative and backbone, or completely lose face in the World Powers that be. (and of course, to the avg American, at the very least, No Korea's "Lil Kim" already has.)

I worry about collaboration and mutually assisted suicide with Libya, various So African nations, Al Quaeda etc, Iran and No K.

Also, once the missiles were flying, it might just far too easy for Russia or China to "accidentally lob a few into the US mainland" saying that they thought we started it. And after they are done and exploded, it's not like we can do much about it if they have damaged us beyond repair. Lets face it, Putin wouldn't shed a single tear over melting NY, DC and a few other metropolitan US cities. He has been positioning himself for Global Leader for the last 10 yrs and anything he could do to increase that likelihood, he would. In a heartbeat.

And...the HUGE difference between Putin and Kim is very major: Putin is NOT posturing. He would hit the big red button faster than you can inhale.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hell, with the bunch we have in Washington, Eric Holder is likely to be working on a scheme to sell North Korea Nukes and delivery systems.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
One fly over is a ton cheaper than a long drawn out air campaign to beat him down or cruise missles!

What does it mean when the primers fall out of the case?
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
First, I like the name "Nork's"

And I was with you until you said China would facilitate a unification; no way. If they had any interest in that, they would have done it years ago, and they wouldn't have to roll tanks in to do it. If we want it, ROK wants it, and then suddenly China wants it, there's not much the Nork's can do but piss and moan, and then give in. No, China doesn't want the Nork's to unify with the South, because the Nork's would very quickly become a low cost labor competitor to China. And while the Nork's were ramping up to be low cost labor competitors, China's border problem would get out of hand pretty much overnight, now that the Nork military didn't give a crap anymore.

Nah. This is China's chance to step up and be a major power, and they're gonna take it. Situations haven't really been right for China to step up in the past, but with the US era over, it's time.

They're going to come out of it as the guys who saved Seoul, rid the world of the North Korean threat, fed the North Korean people, facilitated re-unification. There won't be a refugee problem in Shenyang any more, because they're going to make sure the South handles the whole thing. And they're not worried about low-cost labor in the North; they're delighted because the South is going to need to buy a huge amount of stuff from China to bring the North into the present. They're a customer (using Southern funds), not a competitor.

They're after respect. And they'll get it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From what I have read, the NK's are a long way from being able to build a nuke small enough to go on an ICMB, and even when they do, they don't yet have the re entry and guidance technology for it..

At the moment the US could wipe their program off the face of the earth by conventional means, but that would leave the south, in particular Seoul, open to heavy attack..Maybe its time the US carpet bombed the rear area of the DMZ with "daisy cutters" and create a sterile zone?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Can you say "Enhanced Radiation Warheads"! Against any armored units advancing in the initial stages! Never did believe that technology was really done away with!

Phil

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Things I don't know:

1) Is he stupid enough to think he'd live through it? I doubt it. That takes a lot of stupidity.

2) Is he crazy enough to do it, anyway? Possibly. My gut tells me, though, that he's seen us capitulate time & again, whenever they get belligerent. He's calculating that after another week or two of this, & we'll be standing down & sending him more food & oil.

3) Would Obama actually respond to a nuclear attack, with nukes of our own? My gut says < 50% chance, sadly.

4) Is there any way to stop the destruction of Seoul, if NK started an all-out artillery barrage? I've heard they could level Seoul in an hour with artillery, so my guess is we'd have to use tactical nukes to stop them. I seriously doubt Obama would go first when it comes to nukes.

It does look like the li'l guy is working himself into a corner.

FC

I bet they could silence the N K artillery within an hour of the first shell striking Seoul using B-1 and B-2 bombers and MOAB's, if they prepare and stage the assets in advance.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Best part is, if we do bomb them the USA taxpayers get to foot the bill to rebuild all their infrastructure.

Nope.

The ROK will.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
on the one hand if the Anonymous hackers got into NOK's missle control syste, and the thing got hung up crossways before going out of control and targeting Beinjing, that'd teach that little piss-ant a lesson or two.

beyond that, they are doing the heavy lifting for the red chicoms in debate or discussion with the westerner mind-set. it's far safer for everyone that way, including us.

beyond all of that, as russia and china continues to westernize in their thinking, the dictator in north korea day's are probably numbered.

a world populated by dictators, and kings & queens is probably going to come to an end sooner rather than later.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I tire quickly from this type of bullshzitt. 180 grain spitzer boattail @ 3200 fps ought splatter that little fat head like a watermelon on a hot day. If we can't get the fellas close enough then we should carpet bomb them just for old time's sake. In the world of bad actors, N.K. Is disposable.

Over and out.

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Akbob5
I tire quickly from this type of bullshzitt. 180 grain spitzer boattail @ 3200 fps ought splatter that little fat head like a watermelon on a hot day. If we can't get the fellas close enough then we should carpet bomb them just for old time's sake. In the world of bad actors, N.K. Is disposable.

Over and out.

Bob

I agree with Bob. Why are we comparing peckers with this azz wipe. Lets just ice him and be done with it. I don't even care if Obama gives the go ahead. Do it anyway

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 42 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,286
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.