-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll take a Python over any Korth. Finest revolver ever made.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RipSnort
I was a attending the Tulsa Gun Show several years ago and come upon the Korth table. I looked at the revolvers for a few moments and then asked the rep if I could handle one. He said, "No." Somewhat taken aback, I asked if it was just me who couldn't handle the revolvers or he was not letting anyone HANDle the HANDguns. "We don't let anyone here handle our revolvers.", was his reply or something to that effect. Warming to the absurdity of the situation, I said, "So let me get this straight. You have flown to the States from Europe. You have rented a booth at the biggest gun show in the world in an attempt, I assume, to sell handguns but you're not letting any prospective buyers hold the handguns in their hand, right?". Realizing, I think, how utterly, completely ridiculous he looked, he still answered, "Yes." I began laughing loudly at the total nonsense of this unforgetable minute of my life. The rep never cracked his serious expression. It was as if I were living a Monty Python skit. Absolutely priceless.

I could have easily bought every Korth revolver he had on his table with what I had in my pocket but vowed to myself that I would never own one under any circumstances. That company is run by some seriously silly people.

RS
I remember you telling this story a few years ago, and was wondering if you'd chime in with it again here.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dryflyelk
Interesting. From what I understand, they start at $5k and go up from there. I can understand that they wouldn't want such a pricy gun scratched up or handled, but it would seem that they'd have a demo or three there for you to fondle, though. That's pretty silly.

From what I've seen, these revolvers are made like a fine watch. All parts are milled from a solid billet of steel and perfectly finished. All parts fit perfectly. And just as a rolex doesn't tell time any better than a timex, the korth probably won't turn a guy into a crack shot. But man, are they a work of art. Beautiful guns.

I really enjoy quality craftmanship and these korth revolvers just ooze it, even if it does come with a nose in the air and a snobby attitude.
I'd rather have a nice 1960s Python.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You can keep the Korth, I'm just not impressed with it , Give me a 4 inch Colt Python

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
tri Offline
T
I have the Python and S1W 27 and 29.That are very fine guns.
The price is just what every one wants to pay for it.
When Korth lived I went to his factory (very small) and he and his wife were very kind to me.
I find it amusing that a lot of people who did never had a particular gun or rifle find it necessary to give their biased advice .

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't even like the looks of the Korth , looks like a mutilated Colt and over priced . Even the Colt Python is over priced today.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
tri Offline
T
It's only the buyer who has to like the looks.
They only made a few hundreds a year and in Belgium (where I live) there was no store who imported them.So I had to go to Germany. They had no stock.When the owner sold the company the sales were declining;
With over 70 hours of highly specialized labour for one gun their prices were too low.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bea175
You can keep the Korth, I'm just not impressed with it , Give me a 4 inch Colt Python
Or a four inch pre-Python, like my circa 1950s Colt Model Three-Fifty-Seven, the top of the line Colt before there was a Python. Hard to imagine a more finely made .357 Magnum revolver.

[Linked Image]

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Well I guess we Neanderthals will just have to get along with Samuel Colt's outdated stuff, or our substandard S&Ws while we envy the Europeans' H&Fs (Hans & Franzs). Only difference is that we can really own ours'...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where is the Z-Man when you need him? He was a blast to argue with!

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If I was gonna spend Korth money, I'd spend it with Hamilton Bowen and get him to build me something that would put any factory offering to shame.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If there was ever a better looking revolver made than a 60's Colt Python , i have never seen it .

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If I was gonna spend Korth money, I'd spend it with Hamilton Bowen and get him to build me something that would put any factory offering to shame.
I agree

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I said my piece concerning the Korth on this thread. Since the subject came up, I'll add that the Python is the most overrated handgun ever made.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
T
tri Offline
T
The best never exists.For me I would say its my lovely wife who allows me to buy every arm.
It would be an endless discussion. So I decided to buy S&W, Colt, MR, SIG aso.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sounds like a Korth is a very well made gun. The lines on it don't do anything for me and the price is WAY out of my league.

I prefer many, many other guns like S&W's, Rugers, Colts, etc. And for other uses, even Kel-Tecs and Tauri. In fact, if I had the money for a Korth, I wouldn't hesitate to spend it on something else, like a slightly modified Super Blackhawk Mag-Na-Port Predator, Freedom Arms, or a dozen other wants.

This is one of those rare times in gundom, for me, that I'm much happier with a more inexpensive gun. For those that have the money and want a Korth, I'm happy for you. Wish you the best. Bothers me not in the least that you want one.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
korth has gotten good press in the last few years but the python has never been tarnished. for hunting & fun i'll take a blackhawk everytime.--cranky72

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by tri
The best never exists.For me I would say its my lovely wife who allows me to buy every arm.
It would be an endless discussion. So I decided to buy S&W, Colt, MR, SIG aso.

Sigs, Colts and Springfield for two legged critters, Freedom Arms for 4-leggers.

Gunner

Trump Won!
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Slightly OT observation - I don't think the operator making entry in Zeleny's photo cares who manufactured the revolver in question. What might concern him is there is a finger on the trigger and the muzzle is pointed directly at the back of his head. I've heard that this is not a recommended procedure?

Life - and the good sense to live it!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JOG
I said my piece concerning the Korth on this thread. Since the subject came up, I'll add that the Python is the most overrated handgun ever made.

You aren't gonna get much agreement on that statement. Having owned a bunch of Pythons over the years if anything they are under-rated.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (16gage, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 02bfishn, 58 invisible), 3,212 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,838
Posts18,517,124
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.