Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public..._id=9cde768f-bb3a-4fd9-8176-1745c21519c2

Briefly, they claim they have 263 million rounds in inventory, they use 88 million rounds a year for training, and buy 105'ish million a year.

Interesting numbers... but nowhere near 1.6 billion rounds.

Though the numbers do seem to indicate they are building up their inventory by 18 million rounds a year? And why do they need 3 years worth of ammo stored in inventory?

Last edited by Calhoun; 04/02/13.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calhoun
... And why do they need 3 years worth of ammo stored in inventory?

Perhaps they are convinced that there is some nefarious plot on the part of the public to buy up all of the ammunition so that they cannot get ahold of any.

I can just see an agency posting on whatever website used by the various departments and self-righteously congratulating itself for being wise enough to see this coming and calling those agencies who did not stock up ahead of time all sorts of condescending names and excoriating them for being so short-sighted.

Last edited by 5sdad; 04/02/13. Reason: added thoughts

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Briefly, they claim they have 263 million rounds in inventory, they use 88 million rounds a year for training, and buy 105'ish million a year.

Though the numbers do seem to indicate they are building up their inventory by 18 million rounds a year? And why do they need 3 years worth of ammo stored in inventory?

88 million rounds in training ; that is for how many people going through this training ???

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Couple of departments there say they allocate 1000 rounds per firearm per year for qualification and training, so that would be LEO's qualified on 88,000 firearms in total?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And why do they need 3 years worth of ammo stored in inventory?

The answer that they have given for this question is that they can lock in low prices if they order for the long term. Rather than paying x.xx now for a box of (insert ammo here), and having to pay y.yy for the same box of ammo next year, and so on and so on, they can buy up all the ammo that they need for the next 5 years or so at a low price now.

Not that it's a valid excuse, it's just the one that they are giving right now...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

The answer that they have given for this question is that they can lock in low prices if they order for the long term. Rather than paying x.xx now for a box of (insert ammo here), and having to pay y.yy for the same box of ammo next year, and so on and so on, they can buy up all the ammo that they need for the next 5 years or so at a low price now.

Not that it's a valid excuse, it's just the one that they are giving right now...

Reminds me of a book that I was given one time about financial planning. The author's advice for accumulating unfathomable wealth was to fill in the space under your bed with cans of tuna purchased on sale.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

And how MUCH are they paying for the storage facilities and the security for it? Can't visualize how big 260 million rounds would be, but I know it ain't gonna fit in a storage unit and I know DHS doesn't have armories with vaults.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
And how MUCH are they paying for the storage facilities and the security for it? Can't visualize how big 260 million rounds would be, but I know it ain't gonna fit in a storage unit and I know DHS doesn't have armories with vaults.

They don't? That's interesting.

Are you aware that DHS is compromised of multiple, separate entities?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know that when I was in the army, we used old abandoned bunkers for ammo storage. Didn't cost a thing.

Who knows where these guys are storing their stuff. Knowing the hypocrisy that they excel at, they are probably paying rent at the Balagio...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't their buildings have attics?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This way they can give out grants of ammunition to various LE organizations. Of course, that's in exchange for some sort of fealty, just like every other Fed "grant".

I seriously doubt they get any price break on 105 million rounds versus say, 90 million rounds. Economic order quantities do have a limit.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I know that when I was in the army, we used old abandoned bunkers for ammo storage. Didn't cost a thing.

Who knows where these guys are storing their stuff. Knowing the hypocrisy that they excel at, they are probably paying rent at the Balagio...

Well, let's examine that.

Customs Agents at a Port of Entry in southern California would store their ammunition for training and qualification where? In some magic DHS bunker? Or their own armory?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

They don't? That's interesting.

Are you aware that DHS is compromised of multiple, separate entities?

Travis

Are you aware I posted a link which breaks down the ammo purchases, inventory and usage year by year for each of those entities? confused

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the same spot they store the fuel for their silent running black helicopters, Travis.

Dude, you totally suck at this conspiracy thing...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Well, let's examine that.

Customs Agents at a Port of Entry in southern California would store their ammunition for training and qualification where? In some magic DHS bunker? Or their own armory?

Travis

Their bunker is no secret. It's under the grassy knoll...

Turdlike, by default.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Your breakdown doesn't identify all the necessary storage facilities though, does it?

Are you suggesting if there are only 10 DHS entities they couldn't have more than 10 storage facilities?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

How much does the average shooter have in there inventory?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Are you aware I posted a link which breaks down the ammo purchases, inventory and usage year by year for each of those entities? confused

Yes I did. So I'm confused as to why you are pondering the location of an armory that has the capacity to house 260 millions rounds of ammunition.

Travis

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RISJR
Your breakdown doesn't identify all the necessary storage facilities though, does it?

Are you suggesting if there are only 10 DHS entities they couldn't have more than 10 storage facilities?

Doesn't identify any storage facilities. Guess I was thinking centralized storage areas, I suppose if they have 250,000 rounds split up between 1,000 locations the storage isn't difficult. I'm more used to thinking of my military days with large freaking ammo vaults and bunkers being available.

Wonder what an audit of those inventories would turn up for actual rounds? In other words, with the current prices I wonder how much walks...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RISJR

Dude, you full well know that the secret DHS bunker is in Area 51. Right where the Alien slave laborers built it....geez!

Turdlike, by default.
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 21 invisible), 14,531 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,984
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.