Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I don't see what precludes the government from buying ammo in the same fashion the public sector has when one considers what happened to the market after the Connecticut massacre.

Are we really bitching because they bought smart, for once?

If there were ever to be any battles with our government, you don't really believe they'd be relying on bullets, do you?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RISJR
Your breakdown doesn't identify all the necessary storage facilities though, does it?

Are you suggesting if there are only 10 DHS entities they couldn't have more than 10 storage facilities?

Or let's break that down even further...

Do TSA employees drive from the airports they work at to one centralized armory? Or does each duty location handle their own schit?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't see what precludes the government from buying ammo in the same fashion the public sector has when one considers what happened to the market after the Connecticut massacre.

If there were ever to be any battles with our government, you don't really believe they'd be relying on bullets, do you?

Or more importantly, what entity of DHS do the conspiracy theorists feel will perform the assault on citizens?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Or border agents covering thousands of road miles, etc?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Why aren't you working?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yes. Another excellent example. Laredo, Brownville, Carrizo, Eagle Pass...

Do the conspiracy theorists know where that ammo is housed?

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Your breakdown doesn't identify all the necessary storage facilities though, does it?

Are you suggesting if there are only 10 DHS entities they couldn't have more than 10 storage facilities?

Or let's break that down even further...

Do TSA employees drive from the airports they work at to one centralized armory? Or does each duty location handle their own schit?

Travis

Both, I assume. Typical supply logistical practices would suggest that both things happen. Local places restock from regional places...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Still, the bottom line is, they want to keep their guns & take ours away.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Paperwork day. I move as fast as those typing my dictation. An engineers paperwork can't be that much different.

William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Dude, you full well know that the secret DHS bunker is in Area 51. Right where the Alien slave laborers built it....geez!

That is a negative there, DonkeyGroper. grin
The armory is in the basement of the Alamo.

ego operor non tutela
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Or more importantly, what entity of DHS do the conspiracy theorists feel will perform the assault on citizens?

Travis

All of them, at the same time. They are all automotons incapable of thought and will march to the order of Nappy.

Somebody has to make sure that you're getting your daily requirement of fluoride...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gadfly
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Dude, you full well know that the secret DHS bunker is in Area 51. Right where the Alien slave laborers built it....geez!

That is a negative there, DonkeyGroper. grin
The armory is in the basement of the Alamo.

DonkeyGroper is a new one! laugh Well done, sir!

Everybody knows that the basement of the Alamo is the depository and not in fact the actual armory.

Turdlike, by default.
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Are we not to question any numbers? $8 million a year for ammo for training border patrol when they aren't allowed to fire their weapons until after they use their bean bag guns?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Sure you can question. Much of the problem lies in the fact no one chooses to believe in the answer, whether perceived as honest,dishonest or calculated.

Why can't the government be a consumer as consistent as the public consumer, given the circumstances of what happened after Newtown?

Is anyone really trying to persuade me that our government is doing so to prepare for civil war?

Last edited by RISJR; 04/02/13.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is anyone really trying to persuade me that our government is doing so to prepare for civil war?

Uh, yeah...

The Alex Jones fan club here isn't even mincing words about that...

Turdlike, by default.
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Are we not to question any numbers? $8 million a year for ammo for training border patrol when they aren't allowed to fire their weapons until after they use their bean bag guns?

grin Bean bags only, those illegal immigrants crossing the border are Democrats with multiple voting rights. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Though the numbers do seem to indicate they are building up their inventory by 18 million rounds a year? And why do they need 3 years worth of ammo stored in inventory?

Just like everyone here on 24hr, they want to stockpile and hoard. Why should the be any different?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public..._id=9cde768f-bb3a-4fd9-8176-1745c21519c2

Briefly, they claim they have 263 million rounds in inventory, they use 88 million rounds a year for training, and buy 105'ish million a year.

Interesting numbers... but nowhere near 1.6 billion rounds.

Though the numbers do seem to indicate they are building up their inventory by 18 million rounds a year? And why do they need 3 years worth of ammo stored in inventory?

I have that much, you have that much. Not sure where the leap of faith is.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Paperwork day. I move as fast as those typing my dictation. An engineers paperwork can't be that much different.

sitting on a hill enjoyin gthe sunshine...aren't smart phones great? Aloows me to check in on you guys once in a while smile

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I never once mentioned civil war.. only thing I questioned was the wisdom of buying and paying for storing and securing 3 years worth of ammunition as opposed to keeping far lower reserves. CBP is keeping an inventory of almost 5,000 rounds per border patrol agent - that strikes me as wasteful.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,076 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,780
Posts18,495,903
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.