Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Every time a fishing show comes on it is always catch and release.

Quit being a [bleep] Nance and keep what you catch.

Sincerely,

A concerned and avid fisherman

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I quit the hunting channel after about two shows, and that was a long time ago. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
There are some, and I emphasize some, good programs. But the fishing just pisses me right off. If you aren't going to keep anything, then cut the middle man and go to the [bleep] grocery store, like a Nance.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Liked Pigman for awhile. But I'm weaned from it now. And baseball season tends to wean me from any TV. Other than the baseball I watch on TV.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Watching fishing on television is like watching paint dry or an icicle thawing...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Isn't it "Nancy"?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Nance, Nancy Potato Potahto

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by George_in_SD

Sincerely,

So stop watching it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

Sincerely,

Hey - I watch those! It's amusing...

I personally mostly use a gill net for sock-eye salmon down home on the Kenai... smile But shee-fishing thru the ice in Kotzebue Sound next to the village has just picked up. Ain't nobody stuffing 30 lb. fish back down thru 5 or 6 feet of ice... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sincerely,

Apparantly you're an imbecile and have no clue what it takes to produce a trophy pike or walleye.

Some fish should be kept such as salmon....but for trophy game fish on inland lakes, catch and release is becoming the law......and for damn good reason!

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Well, I guess I'm an imbecile too. I grew up in NoDak, which has pretty good pike fishing. My permanent home for the last 30 some years is on the Kenai Pennisula of Alaska, which is fighting an illegal invasive introduction of pike into it's salmon habitat.

Currently I am living in Kotzebue, some 500 miles north, historic habitat to pike, along with chum salmon. They have adapted to each other. so to will the Kenai- in a thousand years or so...probably.

Pike are the wolves of piscus. I like both- within limits and in their proper place..

My idea of "catch and relese is a gill net and freezer. Anything else is playing with your food. I do that too, with rod and reel, on occaision, when I have time to waste, or just need to recreate...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
All bass tournaments are catch & release. In our Southern lakes its entirely possible to severely deplete the population of bass by keeping everything you catch.
On a different note I received an email indicating the Outdoor Channel is moving from its Colorado hdq. due to the new gun laws. Assuming its true kudos to them.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sincerely,

I swear to God, the more I'm around people the more time I want to spend in solitude.

What the Hell are you bitching about?

What are they leaving too many fish for you?
Are the fish getting too big in your area?
You think that because they C&R they've gone PC treehugger on you?

Sheesh...

Proud NRA Life Member
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Sincerely,

George, I love catch and release. Finally, its getting easy to get a nice mess of fish for the fryer.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I release all the fish I don't keep. grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I catch lake trout that are older than I am and I'm in my 70s...I don't need to stroke my ego by hanging em on the wall and only want a few small ones for the comal pozo [Mexican fry pan].

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Many years ago, I gave up most hunting/fishing shows. They are simply a joke mostly. I will watch one now and then for a bit, till my wife changes the channel because I start complaining....

RE eating a few and mounting a few, no big deal and should be shown just like shooting does and cows etc.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Some fish you keep and some fish you throw back. Some you fish for food and some you fish for fun. I throw back redfish but keep flounders and speckled trout. I keep bream but throw back bass. I keep chicken halibuts but throw back the really big ones. I fish walleyes for food and smallmouths for fun. Pickled pike is wonderful. I don't recall ever having thrown back any silver salmon or groupers unless I already had my limit. Every legal size Spanish goes in the ice box.

There are very few fishing shows I watch these days. I live about 80 feet from 2 boats in lifts and would rather go fishing myself than watch someone else on TV. I do like North to Alaska.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
They seem to me like a never ending commercial.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I release all the fish I don't keep. grin

grin grin

Yeah, I'm more into "catch and eat." There's lots of great fishing holes but people might have to walk a mile or two to find 'em. That's where the rub comes in.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 163bc, 34 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,761
Posts18,515,157
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.