M
Anybody had a set of these? Saw them at Costco and the price is right. mtmuley

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have had very good luck with them.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
M
mtmuley Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Did you get a chance to use them in snow or on ice? mtmuley

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Check the reviews at Tire Rack.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I had them on a F250 SD I had. They seemed fine but didn't look like they'd handle mud or snow very well.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Worst tires I have ever had on snow and offroad.

M
mtmuley Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
How about the regular All-Terrain? I used to run the older Mud-Terrain, but have no experience with the less aggresive treads. mtmuley

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by mtmuley
How about the regular All-Terrain? I used to run the older Mud-Terrain, but have no experience with the less aggresive treads. mtmuley

They used to be great, and still are pretty good but I think there is much better all terrain style tires out there for the money.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

BFG Mud Terrains will outlast ANY other mud-tire, period. They ain't Boggers, but they do just fine in the mud and, for what they are, are fairly quiet on pavement.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
As far as I know they're a replacement design for the rugged trail tire. I put them on my F250 about 16000 miles ago and they seem to be wearing well. No driving in the snow but they do well for light off road work and are pretty quite on the highway.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

BFG Mud Terrains will outlast ANY other mud-tire, period. They ain't Boggers, but they do just fine in the mud and, for what they are, are fairly quiet on pavement.

The KM1s certainly had that reputation, but the KM2s do not. The KM2s wear ok, (at least they did on my Jeep), but despite their name they are not that great in the mud. The KM2 was designed more for the out-west style off-roader who spends a lot of time in the rocks. Winter traction was ok for a mud terrain, but not great. They were pretty quiet though, at least compared to the set of swampers Trxus MTs they replaced.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
KM2's are patterned after a Crawler type tire.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by K1500
KM2's are patterned after a Crawler type tire.

Correct, they were patterned after the BFG Krawler, just slightly less aggressive with a much harder tread compound

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

If there is a tire that gives a better balance of mileage, life expectancy, traction on snow, off road ability and being quiet on road I haven't found it.

M
mtmuley Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
BWalker, I kinda figured they must be a good tire. Hell, they've been around ever since I can remember. I can get my size for 165 bucks at Costco. I'm still looking at the Cooper ST Maxx also. mtmuley

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BWalker

If there is a tire that gives a better balance of mileage, life expectancy, traction on snow, off road ability and being quiet on road I haven't found it.

Try the Firestone Destination AT. Mine lasted ~20,000 miles more than the 2 sets of BFG AT KO I had. They do as well as any other AT I have tried in the snow and handles packed snow better than the BFG IMO

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
To be honest I have been leery of Firestone after the Ford Explorer fiasco. My take a look at them next time I'm in the market.

Last edited by BWalker; 04/17/13.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by BWalker
To be honest I have been leery of Firestone after the Ford Explorer fiasco. My take a look at them next time I'm in the market.

Ford bears more responsibility than Firestone for that fiasco. Firestone made and sold the tires. Ford decided to put passenger car tires on a truck. Did you ever look to see what tires come on a Toyota 4rnr? They look like TRUCK tires.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I ALMOST bought the Firestone Destinations for my Tacoma a couple of years ago but they would have had to order them. I didn't want to buy tires sight unseen so I ended up with the Rugged Terrains. I have no problems with them. The factory tires had been BF Goodrich and worked well enough so I stayed with the same company.

My brother went with the Firestones a few months later. I sorta wish I had went that way after seeing his. The Firestones are the # 1 rated tire at www.tirerack.com The Rugged Terrains are rated #3.

The Firestone/Explorer issue was complex, but I still place most of the blame on the tires. Firestone is not the same company they were back then. I'd buy with confidence.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I went with the BFGs after the Firstone problems, but like you said the Destination ATs are the #1 pick at Tire Rack. After the way they wore down I did the research and went back to Firstones. I thought about trying the Rugged Terrain, but I was so happy with the Firestones I bought them again.

I also bought some Firestone Destination MTs and had them siped for winter. So far a fabulouse tire.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

447 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 32 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,453
Posts18,529,031
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.