Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by Steelhead
They were either guilty of something 2 years ago or weren't. You can't lock folks up cuzz you think they might do something, else we'd all be in jail, except for TRH who will never do anything.

Not 100% correct, amigo. Long ago I was locked up for 72 hours on "suspicion," whatever that means. Maybe the law has changed in that area now, I don't know. O, they, Albuquerque, NM cops, finally admitted that I was the wrong guy but I already knew that.

Not to mention tht he over looked the fact that the FBI was watching them for the past two years, since their initial investigation.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I can see a real psychological element as well. Don�t Mirandize him, tell him he�s an enemy combatant and going to GTMO unless he spills his guts.

To actually put him in GTMO and not put him on trial would present a serious constitutional issue. I believe I read that he is a US Citizen. I don�t care if he�s a Muslim terrorists or Satan himself; there are basic rights afforded to ALL US Citizens. Even if he is linked to a foreign terror organization, I see what he did here on US soil as crime, and he�s just a criminal. Give him a trial, and send his arse to super-max; he can sit right next to Dr. Ted Kaczynski so the two can talk about bomb theory for the rest of their miserable lives.

Nonsense. Calling this guy a "criminal" is typical liberal pablum. A "criminal" usually commit a crime for personal gain and lucre. This guy meets and exceeds all the criteria of a TERRORIST and he more than qualifies under the enemy combatant clause. Keep him isolated and interrogate him until every possible intelligence nuggets can be carved out of him. Who cares about a conviction at this moment in time when the national interest could be at stake. Super Max, why do they perform executions there or are you against capital punishment too. Send his ass to Guantanamo.
A terrorist bomber is nothing new in America; goes back a long ways. EVERY last one who was an american citizen has been treated as a common criminal and put through the CJ system. How do justify usurping someone's civil rights?

Show me where I said to usurp his civil rights? You can't and once again the fact we've had bombers in year's past is irrelevant. The foreign connection to islamo-fascism is there. This was clearly not a criminal act. The only issue in question was the Miranda Rights which is really a moot point as they have way more than they need to execute (you didn't answer that one are you or aren't you in favor of the death penalty-after due process). Regardless, it is perfectly legal to apply the enemy combatant rule in this case. To call this a criminal act is just nonsense.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"unjust war"? Now there's warning sign right there...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"unjust war"? Now there's warning sign right there...

Originally Posted by JWP58
I keep the Peace, You spew hate,

another clue

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
jorge,

Here's a question more than a statement.

While I agree that he should treated as an enemy combatant his American citizenship precludes his classification as an enemy combatant. It was an act of terrorism committed by an American citizen on American soil and his ties to foreign combatants (enemies of the US) have yet to be positively determined.

He's not just a criminal. The brothers committed a terrorist act on American people. I believe the Public Safety issue, the loss of his Miranda rights, and interrogation by federal authorities while in the federal justice system accomplishes what needs to be done without placing him in the military justice system.

What do you think?

Last edited by fish head; 04/22/13.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Agree with all of the above. The problem is if you leave him in the justice system, the "Public Safety" Miranda issue is only good for forty eight hours. They have more than enough to hang him without Miranda. Here's another topic for discussion, he is a naturalized citizen and as such he is subject to having it null and voided.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Fox News is now reporting that he will be "prosecuted through the American justice system."

"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There was NO WAY Obama and Holder where going to have it any other way. Usual suspects "REJOICE"!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've heard discussions about the forty eight hours but I don't believe from I've heard that it's set in stone. There's been discussion about the length of time it would take to properly assess the public safety threat. I believe in this case where an injured terrorist was unconscious and unable to answer questions the forty eight hours goes out the window.

The issue of an American citizen, even a naturalized citizen, committing an act of terrorism and being classified as an enemy combatant without positive unequivocal proof of ties to an foreign enemy of the US that results in the loss of their constitutional rights is a precedent I don't want to see.

I specifically mentioned foreign enemy. The classification of a domestic enemy combatant is very troubling.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The correct why to deal with the bomber would have been to throw a grenade in the boat and blow the little [bleep] up. I could care less about his rights or what he has to say, he is the enemy and he declared war....

1 and done
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prosecuted through the American justice system.... What a [bleep] joke...

1 and done
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Show me where I said to usurp his civil rights? You can't and once again the fact we've had bombers in year's past is irrelevant. The foreign connection to islamo-fascism is there. This was clearly not a criminal act. The only issue in question was the Miranda Rights which is really a moot point as they have way more than they need to execute (you didn't answer that one are you or aren't you in favor of the death penalty-after due process). Regardless, it is perfectly legal to apply the enemy combatant rule in this case. To call this a criminal act is just nonsense.

First off, the last time I checked, terrorism is a CRIMINAL act; you know, violations of laws and all that.

This was a busy weekend for me, and I haven�t read any new news. But I haven�t seen any credible definite connection to foreign terror groups�I�m betting they had at least some contact, but I haven�t seen where that has been solidly connected as of yet. Even if they have, the guy is still a US citizen. Taking away all civil rights of a US citizen without due process is a very slippery slope�might be cool now, but what about the next time. As for the death penalty thing, apparently you missed my other comment.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JWP58
[quote=EvilTwin]

I have already done more than my fair share of fighting. Different crusade. I killed communists. What have you done noteworthy ever to actually combat such fine organiztations as muslim radicals or communist slime?? Dickhead.

(im sorry you cant let go of the unjust war you may or may not have fought in).

Well dumb [bleep] for a relative newbie here I highly suggest you do your homework on this member you so affectionately call "dickhead" I assure you there was no "may not have fought in" but please continue as you vent this hilarious stupidity. Oh BTW you're being laughed at by the multitudes that know ET ! wink ...but do have a fine day moron.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm glad they him captured him alive and have the ability to interrogate him.

In the end he'll get his just reward. He'll either rot in prison for the rest of life or be executed. Either way is fine with me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
I've heard discussions about the forty eight hours but I don't believe from I've heard that it's set in stone. There's been discussion about the length of time it would take to properly assess the public safety threat. I believe in this case where an injured terrorist was unconscious and unable to answer questions the forty eight hours goes out the window.

The issue of an American citizen, even a naturalized citizen, committing an act of terrorism and being classified as an enemy combatant without positive unequivocal proof of ties to an foreign enemy of the US that results in the loss of their constitutional rights is a precedent I don't want to see.

I specifically mentioned foreign enemy. The classification of a domestic enemy combatant is very troubling.

It's some real gray area, and I agree. While I'd love to see this POS disappear to GTMO forever and never be seen or heard from again, I worry about the precedent it would set. Convenient now, but what about the next time? What if this was a Christian nutcase who bombed a Mosque with ties to extremist Christian organizations abroad? (admittedly not likely but play along)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
I'm glad they him captured him alive and have the ability to interrogate him.

In the end he'll get his just reward. He'll either rot in prison for the rest of life or be executed. Either way is fine with me.

Killing him would have complicated things greatly. While I�m sure we could still find out if there were ties to foreign terror organizations, being about to directly interrogate him is a big plus.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just because he wasn't read a Miranda warning it does not mean that he is going to be classified as an enemy combatant.

Cops could decide not to read a Miranda warning to you or I or anyone else.

Miranda only prevents prosecutors from introducing statements made while in custody at trial. All of the other evidence still comes in and the accused still has the right to an attorney, to be silent, etc.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh goody we can feed him, take care of all his medical needs and entertain him by asking questions !!!! Like he will tell the truth and be helpful...... Holy [bleep] Batman.. Just think the Bastards built these got dam bombs with their welfare checks.....

1 and done
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This may or may not apply but once he's in the federal justice system there's zero chance he'll ever be released. Enemy combatants that have been captured and held at GITMO have been released.

Convict him of murder in a court of law and it's a done deal.

Last edited by fish head; 04/22/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh forgot and provide the SOB with security so nothing happens to him.... unPhucking real....

1 and done
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,345
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.