Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Terror charges have been formally filed against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the 19-year-old suspected of helping carry out the bomb attacks at last week's Boston Marathon, killing three and wounding more than 200 others.

According to the U.S. Department of Justice, Tsarnaev has been charged with "using a weapon of mass destruction against persons and property at the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013, resulting in the death of three people and injuries to more than 200 people."

Tsarnaev made his initial appearance before a magistrate judge in his hospital bed at the heavily guarded Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, where he remains in serious condition. According to a federal official, Tsarnaev is sedated and unable to speak.

Tsarnaev is charged with one count of "using and conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction (namely, an improvised explosive device or IED) against persons and property within the United States resulting in death, and one count of malicious destruction of property by means of an explosive device resulting in death." If convicted, Tsarnaev could face the death penalty.

According to the U.S. attorney's office in Boston, the judge advised Tsarnaev of his rights and the charges against him. Tsarnaev declined to answer bail questions and agreed to a probable cause hearing, set for May 30. "Court is satisfied that the defendant is alert and able to respond to the charges," the criminal complaint unsealed Monday read. Tsarnaev, who had been detained by the FBI, is now in the custody of U.S. marshals.

[Related: Tsarnaev remains in serious condition at hospital, FBI says]

�Although our investigation is ongoing, today�s charges bring a successful end to a tragic week for the city of Boston, and for our country,� U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said in a statement. �Our thoughts and prayers remain with each of the bombing victims and brave law enforcement professionals who lost their lives or suffered serious injuries as a result of this week�s senseless violence. Thanks to the valor of state and local police, the dedication of federal law enforcement and intelligence officials, and the vigilance of members of the public, we�ve once again shown that those who target innocent Americans and attempt to terrorize our cities will not escape from justice. We will hold those who are responsible for these heinous acts accountable to the fullest extent of the law.�

Earlier Monday, White House press secretary Jay Carney said Tsarnaev would not be held as enemy combatant.

Tsarnaev was brought by ambulance to the facility after he was captured in Watertown, Mass., on Friday, following an intense manhunt that included at least two shootouts with police and ended with the bloodied suspect taken into custody from a tarp-covered boat he had been hiding in. He apparently suffered gunshot wounds to the neck and leg.

Tsarnaev's 26-year-old brother, Tamerlan, the other suspect wanted by the FBI, was killed during a late-night firefight with police in Watertown. Tsarnaev managed to escape on foot, prompting a citywide lockdown as police conducted a house-by-house search.

The Tsarnaev brothers, who were born in the former Russian territory known as Kyrgyzstan and are of Chechen descent, lived in Cambridge, Mass., for several years. Dzhokhar became a naturalized American citizen last year.

Under U.S. law, authorities had 72 hours after Tsarnaev's arrest to file a criminal complaint against him.

Boston Marathon Criminal Charges

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Interesting the way that people play this; I said nothing about "puppet master". I am simply deeply cynical of the government and the Liberal media.

My fascination is the speed with which people will go along with a gov they typically doubt, and an MSM they typically hate. Just seems intellectually lazy in my opinion, particularly when we are talking about taking basic rights away from a citizen of this country.

Imagine how easy it'd be for the gov & media to take advantage of this tendency (without even communicating or conspiring) in people who normally view them with a healthy degree of cynicism! There doesn't have to be a conspiracy between parties within these two institutions (which are ideologically united against the Constitution) for things like this to taking on a life of their own. Water formed the grand canyon; how many of these little moves away from principled protection of the rights of citizens shall it take before we've effectively blown our own heads off in the name of national security?

Yeah yeah, aluminum foil blah blah blah. Anybody who thinks we aren't already more than half way there by nature of our willingness to take their word when it fits our preconceived notions of how these things go down has their head in the sand.

Those who recognized these guys as a threat but let them become citizens and ultimately perpetrate this crime don't have to intend for the event they allow to whittle away at civil rights. Intentions don't matter jack. Point is, enough of these "unfortunate incidences" added together will in fact = a worthless Constitution which sits in some museum as a show peice and matters little more than that.

Well I just go with things based on the track record. I know that early information is often questionable, but in most instances things tend to fall pretty much how they appear. The conspiracy guys will always find stuff, but that stuff is always a real stretch.

MSM is just like an internet forum. The MSM despite their political leanings is still one of the most potent intelligence organizations in the world. Regardless of the spin, often the actual DATA is there. They do some good reporting and ferreting out of information, but like an internet forum; you have to have a finely tuned BS detector. You have to pick out fact vs opinion vs spin.

Now for me, I just don�t watch TV news; especially if it�s cable news; they�re about the worst (and I lump Fox in there also). I tend to prefer much of the mainstream news sources. Most often I turn to Drudge, but I always look at whom they link to because they will link to some iffy news organizations frequently. For me, I go to the majors (AP, NY Times, Christian Science Monitor, Washington Post, etc). Yeah, all of those will have a liberal slant on things, but where the DATA is concerned more often than not, they have the hard data right or close to right. Even Rush will tell you these are the best news sources; just have to filter out the spin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
�Although our investigation is ongoing, today�s charges bring a successful end to a tragic week for the city of Boston, and for our country,� U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said in a statement.

That says a lot right there. The Hussein administration is going to consider it "case closed" and keep their mouths shut to avoid any controversy.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Most of the disinformation is found on places like this - which was ready to convict an execute a couple of high school kids based on their complexions and shoulder bags. MSM hasn't done any worse at least.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JWP58
Fact is he is a citizen. He should be treated as such, I don't care what he did.

According to law, you should care what he did, because it makes your previous statement wrong...

Under the current scheme, there are seven acts that are considered expatriating and will result in the loss of citizenship. These are:

Being naturalized in a foreign country, upon the person�s own application made after reaching 18 years of age;
Making an oath or other declaration of allegiance to a foreign country or division thereof, again, after reaching 18 years of age;
Serving in the armed forces of a foreign country if those armed forces are engaged in hostilities against the US, or if the person serves as an officer;
Working for the government of a foreign country if the person also obtains nationality in that country, or if to work in such a position an oath or other declaration of allegiance is required;
Making a formal renunciation of US citizenship before a US consular officer or diplomat in a foreign country;
Making a formal written statement of renunciation during a state of war, if the Attorney General approves the renunciation as not contrary to US national defense; and
Committing an act of treason against the US, or attempting by force or the use of arms to overthrow the government of the US. Renunciation by this means can be accomplished only after a court has found the person guilty.

In case you're confused about what constitutes Treason, here's what the U.S. Constitution has to say about it...

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

Like it or not, he's not one of us anymore...

Waterboard the little creep and send me the video, I could use a good laugh...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JWP58
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

I have already done more than my fair share of fighting. Different crusade. I killed communists. What have you done noteworthy ever to actually combat such fine organiztations as muslim radicals or communist slime?? Dickhead.

Oh Im sorry, Im not a religious nut job, Dickhead. Nor do I get off on the same [bleep] you do (im sorry you cant let go of the unjust war you may or may not have fought in). I keep the Peace, You spew hate, dickhead.

You're so [bleep] stupid you cant even put two and two together. The FBI stated they had no idea who these two were. Yet they had be under surveillance for at least two years....BY THE FBI. lol

You've got a funny way of "keeping the peace" with that kind of talk. It sure sounds rather hateful to me...

It's okay, you can admit it, you're a hater...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrentD
Most of the disinformation is found on places like this - which was ready to convict an execute a couple of high school kids based on their complexions and shoulder bags. MSM hasn't done any worse at least.
Look, I was the first to speak up about blaming the "brown guys" on another thread where someone got it completely wrong. But this is a very different thing. Now I'm not there, so I'm having to take it all in through the media, but for it NOT to be as it appears, that would mean a massive amount of people throwing out the same disinformation.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they got their man; I don't give a crap what the color of his skin is or how young he is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HAJ,

Thanks for posting that. From what I'm reading and in regards to the topic of this thread he's still a citizen until a court finds otherwise.

We'll have to hold off on the waterboarding for a bit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You know what Kevin, on reflection I will concede the point to you. It is far more important to protect our rights. I don't think I said anywhere where they should not be protected. It's OBE now anyway. Let's just hope all the info comes out in the end but the international connection to me is as clear as that US citizen we captured over there and threw him in prison after a trial. But I see the usual liberals are here spewing about we've convicted them SOLELY on skin color which BTW, they are Caucasian. And of course the correlations to McVeigh and Rudolph are completely irrelevant. Different times and nothing to do with an international movement set on destroying the west. Oh wait then there are the man-made global warming dolts...

Last edited by jorgeI; 04/22/13.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I think it best that he go through the 'American Justice System'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Even if he gets off, he'll eventually be busted for stealing bombing memorabilia from a hotel room in Vegas.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Renunciation by this means can be accomplished only after a court has found the person guilty.

Like it or not, he's not one of us anymore...

Those two pronoucements seem contradictory.

To the best of my knowledge he hasn't been convicted.

I'm amazed at how fast people will throw a citizen of the US under the bus because the government and MSM have prounouced him guilty.

This is the Obama administration we're talking about...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
You know what Kevin, on reflection I will concede the point to you. It is far more important to protect our rights. I don't think I said anywhere where they should not be protected. It's OBE now anyway. Let's just hope all the info comes out in the end but the international connection to me is as clear as that US citizen we captured over there and threw him in prison after a trial. But I see the usual liberals are here spewing about we've convicted them SOLELY on skin color which BTW, they are Caucasian.
Well said sir. Were it not for the civil rights thing, I�d be right there with you on sending him to GTMO never to be seen again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
HAJ,

Thanks for posting that. From what I'm reading and in regards to the topic of this thread he's still a citizen until a court finds otherwise.

We'll have hold off on the waterboarding for a bit.

Well poop! I was really looking forward to that... wink

As per usual bud, you're right. The courts have to strip him of his citizenship. My point was only that there is ground to do such at this point. He doesn't even have to be present for them to do it. It's has hard as writing a warrant...

He has been charged with a crime, and I'd imagine that more charges are pending as the prosecutor has more material to work with. I'd like to see multiple charges that carry the death penalty levied upon him...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Even if he gets off, he'll eventually be busted for stealing bombing memorabilia from a hotel room in Vegas.

laugh

Turdlike, by default.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
My point was only that there is ground to do such at this point.

No, there isn't ground... he hasn't been FOUND GUILTY. He hasn't even GONE TO TRIAL.

These laws that you find so annoying were put in place to protect us from the most dangerous entity in our country... our own government.

The government saying they have evidence ("case closed; move along. nothing to see here!") and the MSM going along with it hardly seems like sufficient "ground" upon which to consider the guy convicted and take away his citizenship.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by jorgeI
You know what Kevin, on reflection I will concede the point to you. It is far more important to protect our rights. I don't think I said anywhere where they should not be protected. It's OBE now anyway. Let's just hope all the info comes out in the end but the international connection to me is as clear as that US citizen we captured over there and threw him in prison after a trial. But I see the usual liberals are here spewing about we've convicted them SOLELY on skin color which BTW, they are Caucasian.

+1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I got no problems with due process.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What laws do I find annoying, efw?

Turdlike, by default.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (29aholic, 12344mag, 1badf350, 222Sako, 10ring1, 270cowboy, 45 invisible), 1,760 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,010
Posts18,520,630
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.