Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Lost both parents to lung cancer. Had the pleasure of being my Father's caretaker and know the journey well.

Prayers offered and God Bless.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bruce,

Prayers for your Mom, you and the rest of your family and friends.

This is a hard road to travel . . . BTDT. My Mom went through the same battle and we lost her to lung cancer 19 months ago last Friday. She had been told at diagnosis that she might make 4 months, but she made it nearly 2 years. She was very fortunate and was essentially pain free and able to live on her own until her final 3 1/2 weeks. Mom hung on until late one afternoon I and my siblings were able to tell her that if she wanted to and was ready to rejoin Dad, it was OK, we were all going to be OK. Apparently she needed our "permission" because 15 minutes later, she was gone. It hurts . . . she was the only Mom I ever had, but I sure didn't want her to suffer any longer. I had to come to grips, personally, with being able to let her go. This might be hard to hear, Bruce, but that's my personal experience.

Again, prayers for strength for your Mom and all who are close to her. May the blessings of our Lord comfort and be with you all

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
May God Bless Your Mother iambrb, prayer from Oklahoma on the way, and may Her journey be pain free and fearless.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Prayer sent.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Blessings.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers for your Mom and the whole family. She is fortunate to have you with her.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Prayers on the way. May God bless you all.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by iambrb
Well, today is not a good day. Seems that Mom wound up in the ER today (why does the Gub-mint make medicare/medicaid patients go thru the ER?). As many of you know, she has stage 4 lung cancer. Diagnosed 14 months ago, she has beat the odds 'till now. she was weak and said that she felt heavy and tired. Her skin was a bit ashen, an indicator of lack of oxygen to the body. Her doc said taker her to the ER, and we did.
We thought Mom has fluid on the lungs, but that was not the case. It appears that the tumor is large, and growing. It is now collapsing one lung. Yes, there are tests yet to go....but it appears that this is it. There is really nothing that can be done. Mom signed a DNR, so they are going to do what they can, to make her comfortable. She is not in pain, so that is OK. She is on oxygen though, and soon, per the docs, the pain will come. if they are right, she will go down fast. I am personally praying that God take her fast, that she not suffer.

I remember toddling up to her and being lifted into her lap. I remember running to her arms, afraid of the waves at the beach. I remember her strength. now, I must be the one who is strong, I must be the one to hold her. I will show my grief to my Lord and my family in private. Always, the one who bore me was there, even when we were emotionally distant, and God has given us time to bond again. I am so thankful for that, and I will be there for her now.

Soon, my mother will pass to the next world. I will mourn her not being there, but knowing that she has a personal relationship with Jesus, Praise Him! Knowing that she will be sitting at the right hand of the Father, never to again know pain and remorse, is not a reason to be sad, but to rejoice.

Of course I ask for prayers, for my Mom, and that I may show strength.

Thanks to all for reading

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Shortly after my son was born I wrote a couplet as part of a larger poem I will likely not equal and I have seldom shared it. Maybe it will make sense to you in this situation and perhaps lend a little comfort, though the logic is backward.

You are my child to hold,
And I'll be yours when I grow old.

There was much more, but the realization of your role is solid and she is lucky to have you... and you are likely the result of her efforts.

Peace be with all of you...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Losing the woman who brought you into the world is a hard, hard thing to go through. It is something that really shakes a man. May you have a measure of joy and peace reflecting on the love your mother surely must have felt for her son and in remembering how she blessed your life. That's the thing about good mothers: they spend their lives working and serving and blessing the lives of others. Which, I guess, is one of the things which makes it so hard to lose them.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your pictures get to me.

Both your mom/my mom and you/me bear a striking resemblance.

I wish you the best. smile

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blessings to your mother and her family.

Obviously you come from a caring family and probably already trust each other in that knowledge, perhaps don't show it or express it a lot. All I can say is, don't be bashful about saying or doing those things which you can't express once she's no longer here on Earth. You might think some things are silly at the moment, but you won't regret it later.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 04/22/13. Reason: contraction fail

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
For you and your mom.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sorry about your mom. Mine died 14 years ago and I still think of her almost daily. I've always thought we were lucky for her to have died from a sudden heart attack, as did my dad.

There's people dying every day that don't have the love your mom does and it's harder for them. I've lost three friends this year that weren't so blessed as your mom.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers for comfort.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
My mother never smoked even one cigarette in her life, but she died of lung cancer in 2009. I know she is in heaven, but my grief was much harder on me than I had expected. Prayers sent.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Praying

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Prayers sent for your mother and family.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Lost both my parents the same way also
Toughest thing I have ever done.
Prayers and peace offered

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Add to your blessings the fact you have had her with you for so long. We must all pass through the valley of the shadow of death.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 30Gibbs, 21 invisible), 1,709 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,368
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.