Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 28 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 27 28
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by broomd
You gotta be kidding...

Send your 'gifts of love' to your local hospice. They really need it. I know ours does.

No I was serious, the man has a need and I believe instead of talking...doing!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
So we have a need here and in the generous campfire spirit we need to do something about it so who's with me on flooding Safariman's mailbox with gifts of love!

Somebody PM me an address please :-)

Mike

Mark declined my earlier offer of 250-3000 ammo, showing once more why this thread is justified.

I have no doubt he did, I wouldn't ask him for his address. I wouldn't want to see a big thread announcing "gifts" given I would just like the opportunity to send a brother a gift. i have no doubt if the shoe was on the other foot he would help me out, has offered help on other matters already as a matter of fact.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
PM to you ready on the right

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not a 1000 post campfire guru but I have dealt with yalie and he was stand up all the way...if that means anything. I dont know what happens but as a person who does not have a G to throw around,I value a smooth transaction. Internet sales are inherently risky and require a tremendous amount of trust. A seller needs to be upfront with information and give the seller options if conditions change and not come up with a bunch of "story" after the fact. At the same time a mans word and honor mean little these days therefore the buyer has the burden of establishing some ground rules to the transaction.

No sides just a perspective.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
[quote=stangfish] A seller needs to be upfront with information and give the seller options if conditions change and not come up with a bunch of "story" after the fact. At the same time a mans word and honor mean little these days therefore the buyer has the burden of establishing some ground rules to the transaction.

No sides just a perspective. [/quote)

Im a true beleiver what Mike was trying to do is make sure the gun was 110%. He was ready to pay to have it cleaned and to make sure the proud pin was taking care of before the rifle was shipped out to the buyer. The condition didnt change but for the better which who as a buyer would have a problem with that. If the Safariman Experience is a bad experience I wish I would have more bad experiences like this. Everytime I read the start of this thread I get more and more pissed off over this. Like #6 on the first thread, what does yalie care where Mark was coming up with the money to get it cleaned, Mark could have shipped it dirty to him but here again Mark wanted to make sure the gun was 110%. Breach of contract, kiss my azz yalie, he didnt breach any contract with you, everything has to be a contract with a laywer, why is that? Just remember campfire not all guys from PA are like yalie. Just sold a scope on here 2 weeks ago to mistem and recieved the check on the 15th and said I would ship the day the funds arrived, went and had major foot surgery on the 16th and wife said she would ship while I was in the hospital which she didnt and I was unable to ship the scope till the 22nd and he never called me out and said I breach our contract. This whole thing about Mark just pisses me off, a stand up guy like this that all he wanted to do is make sure the buyer was happy. What pisses me off the most is that Mark wrote checks out for things he needed probley to deal with his health and yalie stopped payment on the check to mess him up.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I understand that. But two wrongs don't make a right. I expect the leaders, guys with maturity to put a stop to the wrongs not perpetuate them. So Yalie jumped the gun. As if none of the rest of has made a mistake before.

Why not do the right thing and say. "Mike has an excellent reputation and is highly thought of around here. I think you may have jumped the gun Yalie but that is my opinion. You should take this offline before things get ugly."

Ugly it got. People threatening to make the campfire world difficult for yalie...really? One day he could offer some sound legal advice to someone on here making him a valued poster. I understand a thief catching some grief on the fire, but a guy who allowed intuition and emotion to get the best of him being ostrisized to the level of some of the post I read? Judjment of this individual has been extreme. We may all hate lawyers...until we need one.

I normaly get deeply involved in a forum I join or participate in. I like helping others and getting information from some of the broad experiences that people have to offer. Call outs are common and widely acceppted here. So I keep to myself as much as I can. I guess I am just to old for this type of comunication.

I regret that I have openened myself up for attack just by not saying the popular thing. I feel retribution coming just for not being on the side of the majority.

I'll finish by saying that the way a person handles themself in public says much about ones chartacter, If that means anything anymore.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I see where you're coming from and don't think any less of you for it. I also understand (empathize with) Gemby as that call-out REALLY touched a nerve for me.

These things have all showed me that we need to do everything we can do communicate when things appear to be going sideways; that goes for longstanding guys w/ great reputations as well as newbies who want a good rep.

Calling out in public like this ought to be the absolute last resort after calling authorities and not getting anywhere.

I don't think that anybody here needs to make life difficult for Yalie; he did that for himself. We around here have a long memory for stuff like this and I for one ain't gonna do business with a drama queen no matter how many good transactions he has had in the past. I just don't wanta risk being tainted and having the headache.

The fact that Mark told him about his dire circumstances and that he was working to ensure a good transaction only compounds all of this. Mark didn't call Yalie out; it was vice/versa. Remember that.

He is also watching all this go down and has yet to make a public apology, which would in my mind go a long way toward rectifying this thing:

Yalie (Member #23598)
User
Registered On: 05/19/09 06:10 PM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stangfish
I understand that. But two wrongs don't make a right. I expect the leaders, guys with maturity to put a stop to the wrongs not perpetuate them. So Yalie jumped the gun. As if none of the rest of has made a mistake before.

Why not do the right thing and say. "Mike has an excellent reputation and is highly thought of around here. I think you may have jumped the gun Yalie but that is my opinion. You should take this offline before things get ugly."

Ugly it got. People threatening to make the campfire world difficult for yalie...really? One day he could offer some sound legal advice to someone on here making him a valued poster. I understand a thief catching some grief on the fire, but a guy who allowed intuition and emotion to get the best of him being ostrisized to the level of some of the post I read? Judjment of this individual has been extreme. We may all hate lawyers...until we need one.

I normaly get deeply involved in a forum I join or participate in. I like helping others and getting information from some of the broad experiences that people have to offer. Call outs are common and widely acceppted here. So I keep to myself as much as I can. I guess I am just to old for this type of comunication.

I regret that I have openened myself up for attack just by not saying the popular thing. I feel retribution coming just for not being on the side of the majority.

I'll finish by saying that the way a person handles themself in public says much about ones chartacter, If that means anything anymore.

Having dealt with Yalie, and read the email he sent, I would not let him represent me....He is a [bleep] arshole and he knows it.

Mark, on the other hand is a good guy all the way around. I was fortunate enough to have a hand in his 416 Rigby stock, that was reshaped and finished by Karnis.

Chris Bemis can kiss my arse!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Not a 1000 post campfire guru but I have dealt with yalie and he was stand up all the way...if that means anything. I dont know what happens but as a person who does not have a G to throw around,I value a smooth transaction. Internet sales are inherently risky and require a tremendous amount of trust. A seller needs to be upfront with information and give the seller options if conditions change and not come up with a bunch of "story" after the fact. At the same time a mans word and honor mean little these days therefore the buyer has the burden of establishing some ground rules to the transaction.

No sides just a perspective.

See both you and Yalie have 99.97% of your posts on this forum in the classified section. Contributing much to the forum other than using it like Gunbroker? Safariman does.

A simple check of the reputation of Mark would be easy to establish by reviewing his postings, responses by other, well respected and long time members to those posts and perhaps looking at what his transaction history was on here.

I think a pretty valid gauge of Mark's character can be established by the fact he took a PERSONAL check from a guy he'd never met, never done business with and whom had already reneged on a deal with him. He expected Yalie to be a man of principle and honor, not a POS who cancels checks without notifying the man ahead of time. I will take a personal check from folks I have done business with previously or know well; all others have to send secured funds to protect both our interests. That Mark chose to accept a personal check from a stranger speaks VOLUMES as to his integrity and that Yalie canceled that check shows his complete lack of integrity.

Yalie's post on this subject says all we need to know; his first paragraph insults Mark and accuses him of basically being a babbling, lying, deceitful crook while the rest of his post shares many personal details that Mark may or may not have wanted to have made public.

You go ahead and buy from whom you choose and the vast majority of others who know Mark much better than I do (never met the man, talked to him or had any dealings with him) continue to vouch for his character. Yalie already illuminated his character here for all to see; to be vulgar, he showed his arse and no-one likes to see that ever.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
This thread was great!!! I've never seen so many grown people act like children. Both sides.

Grow the [bleep] up, everyone.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...if that means anything.

No offense to you but it means nothing, Yalie burnt his bridges here. Not only did he jump the gun but he used his "I'm a lawyer so don't [bleep] with me" card and tried to slander a well liked and generous member, that does not bode well here.

Yalie has forever printed a "he's a [bleep] head" picture in my mind.

[bleep] off Yalie.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
does anyone know where yalie does his lawyering at here in PA? Want to make sure I never send anyone to him or use him.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G-man, A large portion of my communications are PM. I am fallible and on the campfire you will take a beating for that. As you can see my big mistake was suggesting something other than vigilante justice. [bleep], most of you have guns. I better stop while I am alive!!! LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guys................. I'm PRETTY SURE YALIE HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!

When Ronald Reagan was president, we had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.
Now that Barack Obama is president, we have NO hope and NO cash.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
hope he dosent come back, now or ever

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G-man, A large portion of my communications are PM. I am fallible and on the campfire you will take a beating for that. As you can see my big mistake was suggesting something other than vigilante justice. [bleep], most of you have guns. I better stop while I am alive!!! LOL

Everyone is fallible and that is understood and accepted if you own up to your mistakes. What people find unacceptable is calling out someone when you yourself bear a large part of the responsibility for a deal going south.
I've had a few incidents here which may have been publicly broadcast by some but which were all handled privately by me. To the satisfaction of both parties.
A year or so ago I sold a bunch of bullets and other stuff on here and then got really sick before I could ship anything. I posted what my situation was and apologized for the delayed shipment. EVERY ONE of the buyers essentially told me to take care of myself first and the shipping could wait.
That's the kind of place this is.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
+1 nsaqam

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where is this rifle now? I've not had time to read it all,but I have a Bud looking for one...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gemby58
hope he dosent come back, now or ever

Vermin always return.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
rifle, Buffaf from here has it and he LIKES it! Amazing, eh?

NSAQUAM, Perzactly, Only recently I had to delay shipping a couple of things due to my illness causing me great nausea, exhaustion, weakness and headaches. I also PM'ed people who were expecting stuff from me and they too were quite allright, caring more about my health. Yep, this place generally IS like that. I am proud to be a part of 24hrcf.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Page 8 of 28 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 160user, 2500HD, 257 mag, 57 invisible), 2,184 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,392
Posts18,506,873
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.