Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by justin10mm
I read somewhere CCI makes 4 million rounds of rimfire a day. So 5 or 6 days to fill that order. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

There's always one in every crowd.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

Speaks volumes when doing something nice for the youth of our sport "doesn't seem like a big deal". blush miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
What I meant was it doesn't sound like it would be putting that much extra strain on the factories producing the ammo. Sheesh

<<<<< I fully support CCI, notice the box. smirk <<<<<

Last edited by justin10mm; 05/03/13.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think perhaps you missed the point, Justin. They've been working at maximum output for years. They CAN'T make any more than they are - and they are selling every last round of it. They COULD ask premium prices of all those stockpilers and profiteers and thereby boost their own profit.

But they aren't. They're setting aside a healthy chunk of ammo at special DISCOUNT prices to support youth programs.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Not a thing wrong with that. smile

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I looked at the gunbroker auction. I can't believe people are actually bidding on that stuff at those prices. I've only got 1 525 pack of 22lr ammo on hand right now and I wouldn't even consider paying those prices just to add to my stock. I'll get by with what I have till all this blows over then maybe I'll buy a little more.

I never understood the whole .22 LR hoarding thing. What are you going to do with 5,000 rounds of .22 LR if the SHTF anyway? Pass the time plinking cans during the collapse of western civilization? grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
The 4 million doesn't include the OTHER rimfire ammo aside from .22 Long Rifles.

Shipping will at least double the cost.

When's the last time you donated 2 weeks of your pay to some cause?

Actually never...Kudos to ATK

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was asked by the local Scout Council to help them locate .22 LR ammo for their summer camp. They go through about 30,000 rounds. (They also have a shotgun shooting program using 12 and 20 GA shotguns, but that is not included in the 30K rounds.) CCI referred me to the National Boy Scouts' Council. There's politics involved in that....

We average about 50 rounds per boy per week. Not that much really, but the shooting programs are just about the most popular at Camp. (When I was a youth staff member there, I ran the Mo-Skeet-O range every summer from 14 until 18.) It really is rewarding to see kids that have never held a firearm take their first shots.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
JB
I appreciate the insight you have given us into both the reality of the manufacturing efforts that have been underway and the integrity of those organizations.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Since our children are all girls, we are familiar with the 4H program and it is great. Granddaughter anxiously awaits turning eleven so she can participate. I'm sure the BSA program is good as well.

A big thanks to CCI/Federal for their participation. Makes me want to try harder to find their stuff. I have had great experiences with their products for the last many years.

Thank you MD for passing this info on to us. Jack

Last edited by jt402; 05/03/13.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Wished we had similar program's here in Australia. Well done Federal.

Experience is something you get, just after you needed it.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I thought it might be interesting!

It's too bad the stockpilers and profiteers are buying so much .22 ammo that companies have to divert some of their production just so young shooters (who we need to keep our traditions alive) will have enough .22 ammunition to shoot. Good thing Federal and CCI are on top of the situation.

Good for them. Thanks for posting this.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Enjoyed the thread, good on Federal/CCI for what they are doing. Back in 08 when Obama got the nomination with the help of the liberal media turds I saw the handwriting on the wall. I knew the panics and shortages would happen. I stocked up way before he got in the Whitehouse and has proceeded to turn ours lives into sheeit. I work with a lot of different guys who buy a box of shells when they need them but not until then.Most of them know better than that now. Paying scalper prices for the things you need is just tuition in learning about what is coming down the road to us. Those lessons never come inexpensive but they should only need to be learned once. Most will learn from it and some never will. The scalper is an opportunist and an educator, if you are prepared you can avoid them. If not, you pay for an education you should have allready had in common sense. Magnum Man

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by moosemike
I looked at the gunbroker auction. I can't believe people are actually bidding on that stuff at those prices. I've only got 1 525 pack of 22lr ammo on hand right now and I wouldn't even consider paying those prices just to add to my stock. I'll get by with what I have till all this blows over then maybe I'll buy a little more.

I never understood the whole .22 LR hoarding thing. What are you going to do with 5,000 rounds of .22 LR if the SHTF anyway? Pass the time plinking cans during the collapse of western civilization? grin

Or maintain order in your sector of the Apocalypse? Pretty sure .22 holes been neatly and quietly making invisible souls for more than 150 years. wink

I never kept more than a few hundred rounds at a time; now the drought has set in, I've cut back on plinking and practice and add rounds to the larder when they are (rarely) in stock.

I salute any company that supports youth shooting sports! Do wish they'd increase workforce and production capacity. The supply ain't keeping pace wif demand...

Last edited by ColdCase1984; 05/03/13.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I love the priorities and political incorrectness of this whole thing. ;-{>8

My loyalties have been well invested.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by moosemike

5000 rounds aint much.My one Grandson goes through a brick every time he comes up for the weekend and I have five more that like to shoot also.I have 20 bricks on hand and I doubt they last the Summer.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There ya go! If a Nation of Rifleman is denied the best training round ever, how long can the Republic survive?

My 3 kids could burn thru a 550 pack in less than an hour using a Single-Six, Crickett and 10/22 w one 10- round mag, when they were little.

Bless you for keeping those kids shooting! The next gen shooters spring from Dads & Grandpas.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Good for them! Rather have it going to kids programs than being carried around gun shows by a guy trying to get 500% price on it. grin

I couldn't agree more with you.

Dale

The more you know, the less you need.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
They've been running 24/7 for years according to that release.

Where does it all go?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Time for some new production lines. Once hoarding and gouging is over, even the regular guys are gonna stock up.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (300_savage, 35, 10gaugemag, anothergun, 44automag, 7 invisible), 792 guests, and 777 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,387
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.