Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by DINK

It's the "in" thing to hate cops and government workers.

Dink

Gee... I wonder why..

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DoeDumper

Dink

Gee... I wonder why..

It isn't from some strange mass social mutation. It happened over the last 50 years, starting with the Viet Nam involvement and the subsequent protests and violence on the part of both sides.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bea175
Even if you work in the same Profession , why would you condone this type of abuse and take up for fellow Police who would coHmmit these type of crimes under the name of the Law? You are only hurting your Profession and not helping your cause . This is standard Germany Nazi Tactics 1940 happening in this country today. They need to build a New Prison just to house or incarcerate Corrupt Police Officers who abuse their power.

I don't condone any beating. The problem is how do you get eight guys on different departments all on the same page? Don't you think one would tell on his own?

What I don't condone is being manipulated by the media. Wasn't it nice how that pic got attached to a another "beating". I have my doubts if it goes with a beating at all. Makes a good story though.

If the media does a story on Obama being a good president you guys all are over it calling it lies (which it would be). If the media does a story that fits your agenda it's the whole truth and nothing but the truth. It's funny that you allow yourself to be manipulated like that.

It's the "in" thing to hate cops and government workers. And since most people are followers its easy to get the ball rolling that way. It's sad that grown men can't step back from their agenda and say wait a minute. If they would use a pic from a different "beating" how much of he rest of the story is embellished.

Dink

Are you saying nobody got beat to death because they don't have a picture of the victim?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Dink

Gee... I wonder why..

It isn't from some strange mass social mutation. It happened over the last 50 years, starting with the Viet Nam involvement and the subsequent protests and violence on the part of both sides.
I remember Rodney King...a flawed man...a recidivist. When the riots were underway he uttered his simple, famous statement, that has been laughed at all these years but still rings in my ears when somebody says something like you just did.

"Can't we all just get along?"

Indeed, can't we? Evidently we keep answering that question negatively every day.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If they would use a pic from a different "beating" how much of he rest of the story is embellished.

Dink

One woman frantically called 911, telling the operator: "The guy was laying on the floor and eight sheriffs ran up and started beating him up with sticks. The man is dead laying right here, right now. I got it all on video camera and I'm sending it to the news. These cops have no reason to do this to this man."

In an unusual move, sheriff's officials later detained for several hours two witnesses who had videotaped the incident on their phones. They were released only after they surrendered their phones to deputies.

Apparently the police have the pictures under wraps.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Dink

Gee... I wonder why..

It's many things but the economy has started this last round.

Dink

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by JSTUART
If they would use a pic from a different "beating" how much of he rest of the story is embellished.

Dink

One woman frantically called 911, telling the operator: "The guy was laying on the floor and eight sheriffs ran up and started beating him up with sticks. The man is dead laying right here, right now. I got it all on video camera and I'm sending it to the news. These cops have no reason to do this to this man."

In an unusual move, sheriff's officials later detained for several hours two witnesses who had videotaped the incident on their phones. They were released only after they surrendered their phones to deputies.

Apparently the police have the pictures under wraps.

If the caller really wanted to send it to the media it would have taken seconds to email it to them.

I think someone is looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

If you get eight guys to agree to fishing on Saturday morning only five or six will show up. How do you get eight guys to agree to beat a guy to death for just laying in the street?

Dink

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I have my doubts if it goes with a beating at all.

I believe you've been around this forum long enough to remember when this was posted. Obviously, you remember it from somewhere, because you said you did. Such denial does your credibility no good.

Here's a link to the story. 2nd degree murder trial for one or two of the "officers" to begin June 2013. They all should have been charged for aiding and abetting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas

Here are more pictures:
https://www.google.com/search?q=kel...mp;ved=0CFsQsAQ&biw=1517&bih=889

I agree that this pic should not have been used, but the cornener wouldn't let the family see the body and the cops confiscated the camera phones of those who took pictures. Sounds like more of a wait a minute moment there to those not defending murder.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The story lost a lot of credibility when they posted the picture of Kelly Thomas with this text.

That does not mean there wasn't a lot of truth behind what happened.

I'll wait to get more facts before I jump onto any "side" of this discussion.

I've heard that the cops beat a guy to death for nothing, then they went back to the neighborhood and seized cell phones as evidence and won't return them, and all sorts of name calling, but not enough real facts from anywhere, including the media.

A man is dead. He was "in custody" according to the LE agency when it happened, he was struck repeatedly with batons by LEOs, and cell phones were seized and not returned.

Anybody have more facts than that? Not emotional outbursts, not opinions, but facts.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not directed at any one poster in particular, but some of the responses to this crime leave me shaking my head in disbelief.

1-A man is beaten to death.
2-Witnesses saw cops beating him.
3-Cellphones containing pics and/or video of this event were confiscated and not returned.
4-The victim was not convicted of a heinous crime and sentenced to death by a court, he was killed.

Sure, there might be lots of details that are yet to come to light,but I'm at a loss, what facts are missing?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...How do you get eight guys to agree to beat a guy to death...?

Give them each a police uniform.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by RickyD
I have my doubts if it goes with a beating at all.

I believe you've been around this forum long enough to remember when this was posted. Obviously, you remember it from somewhere, because you said you did. Such denial does your credibility no good.

Here's a link to the story. 2nd degree murder trial for one or two of the "officers" to begin June 2013. They all should have been charged for aiding and abetting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas

Here are more pictures:
https://www.google.com/search?q=kel...mp;ved=0CFsQsAQ&biw=1517&bih=889

I agree that this pic should not have been used, but the cornener wouldn't let the family see the body and the cops confiscated the camera phones of those who took pictures. Sounds like more of a wait a minute moment there to those not defending murder.

I know that pic is attached to his story but does it go with his case? It look like it does but now another source has attached it to something else. I would think his (thomas) family's attorney would be all over someone else using that pic.

If they wanted to get those pics/videos to the media they could have. It takes mere seconds to email them somewhere else. That makes me think they are looking for the media to pay for them or they really don't have much content.

Dink

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by pal
...How do you get eight guys to agree to beat a guy to death...?

Give them each a police uniform.
Exactly. Combine the mob mentality with the belief that one is acting with the shield of state authorization and presumption of legitimacy and that's all the explanation you need.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
"Hell", just today an article in this mornings paper has Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaralgosa cheering the formal end to a decade long agreement giving the federal government oversight of the Los Angeles Police Department that was triggered by a corruption scandal involving abusive officers....

U.S. District Judge Gary Allen Feess dismissed the final remnants of a consent decree on Wednesday, releasing the department from a transition agreement put in place in 2009 to ensure reforms that had been made were kept in place...

The city was forced into the consent decree in 2001 under the threat of federal lawsuits alleging a pattern of civil rights violations committed by police officers that went back decades!

The decree mandated more than 100 reforms and the appointment of an outside monitor.

Another words nothing has changed!

Phil

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Police appear to be most dangerous to the public when gathered in numbers.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Same as the brothers. Proven again in New Orleans last week.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Laughin'...

I was hitting on a girl once and she asked what I did. I responded and she rolled her eyes. I asked her what her problem was and she said "Guys in law enforcement are like minorities, they're fine when they're alone and awful when they get around their group, or whatever."

That gave me a pretty good laugh.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave

Laughin'...

I was hitting on a girl once and she asked what I did. I responded and she rolled her eyes. I asked her what her problem was and she said "Guys in law enforcement are like minorities, they're fine when they're alone and awful when they get around their group, or whatever."

That gave me a pretty good laugh.

Travis
She's right. It's a variation on the mob mentality that takes over, except on steroids due to the feeling of authority that's attached to it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Stupid people are dangerous in large groups. It makes no difference what they do for a living. Cops are people,nothing more, I seem to have missed all this hate/fear/abuse/steal from the public training. I wonder if I just didn't get the memo.......
Patrick

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
The story lost a lot of credibility when they posted the picture of Kelly Thomas with this text.

That does not mean there wasn't a lot of truth behind what happened.

I'll wait to get more facts before I jump onto any "side" of this discussion.

I've heard that the cops beat a guy to death for nothing, then they went back to the neighborhood and seized cell phones as evidence and won't return them, and all sorts of name calling, but not enough real facts from anywhere, including the media.

A man is dead. He was "in custody" according to the LE agency when it happened, he was struck repeatedly with batons by LEOs, and cell phones were seized and not returned.

Anybody have more facts than that? Not emotional outbursts, not opinions, but facts.

Ed

I've had the same thought. Where are all the facts.

All we really know is:
1. 8 cops.
2. 1 dead guy beaten to a bloody pulp.
3. Witnesses harassed.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 15 invisible), 817 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.