Damn....what a shame.

Dink

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
i lost a dear friend a couple years ago at age 30. i know it's not the same but i do remember the suffocating feeling and the wanting to call her and she wasn't there anymore. wanting to share something with her and remembering i couldn't.

it really does get better with time. the only thing that helped me was to realign my ideas about the whole thing and learn to stop thinking about how unfair it was and start to look at it as, i didn't have to meet her to begin with but i did and i'm damn glad to share the time i got to.

i know that doesn't mean a damn thing right now but maybe in 6 months you can look back on this and it will.

I lost a dear friend several years back and couldn't stop questioning why someone with such a promising future would have their life snuffed out so soon. No matter how I tried to rest my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about it. Time and talking about it really does help. Or it did me. It was when a bud of mine and I were talking one day that he made a comment that finally brought peace. He knew I had been struggling for a while and he told me, "In the day/age we're living in, God is surrounding himself with good people." Maybe it will help you.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
There are no words for how this makes me feel, but know that you have my deepest sympathy.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers from here.

Wayne

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
C Hell, I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray that God will comfort you and your families.

Casey

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am very sorry for your lose. I know what you are going through as I lost a good friend in a freak wreak by Medicine Lake in 1999. She was 22. There isn't a day go by That I don't think of her, this just brought back a flood of memories for me. I feel your pain, we sometimes don't understand why they happen like this but we must live our life's without them.

Lucas

Well its a dog eat dog, eat cat too, French eat frog, and I'll eat you....
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
So so sorry to read this. Prayers sent for all.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My most sincere condolences on your loss and condolences to her family, as well.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why must the young die so young? May Megan rest in peace and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and her family and friends.

Think of it as the good lord called her home for a higher order. may you all heal from this tragic loss.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My most sincere and deepest condolences.

FJB
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Colton,

I see out my window that it is a beautiful Sunday morning, to remind us of God's love, in spite of the terrible things that happen on this earth.

Because you let your Campfire friends know of your troubles, concern for you and your families has rippled out in an ever widening circle. This morning hundreds, probably thousands, of people that you have never met in person, are saying prayers for you. Don't doubt the power of prayer.

When I was your age I didn't know what to believe. I am sure your whole belief system is shaken right now as it never has been before.

Please have trust and faith that if He brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

You may be able to actually feel all the prayers being sent up for you today, as so many believers ask God to wrap his love around you, but if not, still know that they are praying for you, and that God does love you.

In relation to time and the cosmos, our lifetime on this earth, no matter how long we live, is the mere blink of an eye. Know that you and Megan will be together in Heaven someday. She and others that go before you will have prepared a place for you. Know that the love you feel for Megan is just a preview of the love you will be surrounded with when you arrive in God's presence, and once again get to be with Megan, and family members and friends.

Now, do your best to carry on as Megan would want you to. She wants you to be happy and fulfilled. When you don't know what to do, ask God and Megan, because they are together now. Because you know Megan's voice, God will speak to you through her, if you are willing to listen and believe.

Now is a time to grieve. Just know that we love you, Colton, and in the weeks ahead you will be able to re-read these messages and I hope you will continue to feel support from those of us who feel we know you now more than ever before.

God Bless You today, and through the days ahead.
Milo
An old fart, and one of the friends that you have never met.

I am stuck inside, recovering from back surgery, spending time on the computer to distract me from pain and medications, but improving each day. I am dreaming of my next trip to the range in a few weeks and trying to pass the time without driving my poor wife crazy. I hope I am an encouragement to you, and if so, it is the best thing I have accomplished in a while.

Last edited by nifty-two-fifty; 05/19/13.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know where in MT you are but if there is something I can do let me know. I am truly sorry for your loss and can't imagine the pain you are going through

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
May God's warm arms wrap around your shoulders.

W. Bill

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At a loss for words. Prayers..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My deepest condolences

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My deepest sympathies, all of us here are truly sorry for your loss. I can't imagine your sadness, but it's road you don't have to travel alone.

Last edited by Stormin_Norman; 05/19/13.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Prayers Sir

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sorry to read this. My condolences.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Prayers sent for you and her family. I am very sorry for your loss.

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Prayers for her, you and the family. You have my sincere condolences, Sir.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

308 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 38 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,581
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.