Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
shreck Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Last night I walked into the kitchen, flipped on the light and there was this spider. Big, black and ugly. On the floor between me and the dining room. For a moment I just stared at it.
"Holy cow, that's a big spider" one of the voices said. The voice that tells me bad things.
"Kill it"! said the voice that tells me what to do with bad things.
"Bug spray is under the kitchen cabinet, fly swatter is in the pantry, shotgun is in the bedroom, recommend stomp", said the voice I call General Staff.
"But you are barefoot and it will bite you and you will be the first person to be killed by the Black Manticore Spider" said the voice that runs around the back doors of my mind.
So I grabbed a box of Reynold Wrap�, trusted since 1947, and smashed it with quite a bit more force than necessary.
All the voices agreed, "yuck".

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hate them bastids. I killed a blackwidow last week, she just looked deadly.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Tin foil was replaced by aluminum foil after WWII, though the diminished density factor may equate to an inferior result, modern foil saved the day!
Good post smile

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Then said the Spider Master:

"Curses! Foiled again." grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I strongly dislike spiders, so i applaud your action. However, I am curious...just how many voices do you hear in a given day? Might be you have a slight problem! crazy

IC B2

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I feel the same about spiders and kill them all, they creep me out, make my hair stand up and occasionally scream like a girl.

Last week a damn spider dropped from the visor down to my bare leg while I was driving down the road. Instinctively I swatted with my left hand and hung two tires off the road. I looked at my hand and saw spider guts and shook my hand to get it off and damn near went into oncoming traffic.

I know, I am a puss.

Dave

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Saw one the size of a toddler's hand crawling around on my ceiling last week in my bedroom. Freaked me out. Went for the fly swat, but he was positioned just above a tall piece of furniture, so it was hard to get at him. Swatted at him, but he dodged it and dashed into the central air/heat vent. Haven't seen him since, but didn't sleep soundly for a few nights.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"there was this spider. Big, black and ugly" ..is there another kind ...I hate them sobs stompfest time.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Anything crawling across our floor doesn't survive with a Lab around. He loves eating bugs.

My wife "Jackson get it!" ..... It's gone.

Last edited by slg888; 05/21/13.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your lucky you live where you do and have to worry about such little spiders, you should try spending some time here and have to deal with these scary f'ers.

Just try Saran Wrap on one of these. eek

[Linked Image]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

LOL!

All my voices say:

"Catch it in a jar!"

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

shreck Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntingnut
. However, I am curious...just how many voices do you hear in a given day? Might be you have a slight problem! crazy

Just enough voices to conspire to kill a spider. grin

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by slg888
Anything crawling across our floor doesn't survive with a Lab around. He loves eating bugs.

My wife "Jackson get it!" ..... It's gone.
We had a Chihuahua when I was growing up who did that, too. I also once had a German Shepherd who literally hunted honey bees. She'd snatch one out of the air, or off a flower, and chomp it up real fast before it could sting her. That was back when honey bees were a common sight. I think I've seen one or two in the last seven or eight years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A bunch of us were going fishing for lake trout years ago on Lake Michigan. I went with my dad who was police officer and all of his cop buddies.

Anyway, we stopped the Chevy Blazer on the way there so everyone could pizz in an Indiana cornfield and while we were whizzing we heard several shots. It was one dad's buddies who was terrified of spiders and emptied a full cylinder of .357s from a S&W Mdl 66 at a garden spider. He never even hit the damn thing.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All the voices I hear are in agreement...

SHRECK IS A WUSS

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by viking
Hate them bastids. I killed a blackwidow last week, she just looked deadly.

Ours are Red backs, they are pretty much everywhere here and are no bother, just feels like a sliver of glass going through the skin and leaves the area white for a day.

Bloody funnel webs are the bad bastards, and white tails for that long lasting rotten septic wound.

A squirt with Solfac Pro or a smack with a thong (flipflop) stuffs them.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have no compassion...kill'em all!

[Linked Image]

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Saw one the size of a toddler's hand crawling around on my ceiling last week in my bedroom. Freaked me out. Went for the fly swat, but he was positioned just above a tall piece of furniture, so it was hard to get at him. Swatted at him, but he dodged it and dashed into the central air/heat vent. Haven't seen him since, but didn't sleep soundly for a few nights.

it is just waiting for the right time...

Originally Posted by 6mm250
All the voices I hear are in agreement...

SHRECK IS A WUSS

Mike

as are the rest............. grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Damn looks like a recluse bite !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (007FJ, 1911a1, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 62 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,720
Posts18,514,225
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.