Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Who'd of thought this woulda turned to [bleep] after the first post!

IMO-

All gov pensions should start at 62. I couldn't get enough guts together to begrudge a retired military vet his pension, they were earned.

GS is another story. But hell, ain't nothing stopping me from doing the same, so I won't begrudge them their choice.

I will vote, and push my elected officials, to eliminate A LOT of .gov positions however.

The waste is EPIC.

Yep!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Federal government has not been in recession since O took over. Been many years since I've heard of an ex government worker drawing unemployment or welfare. Once a government worker, always a government worker.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I should have added that I also pay for 100% of my supplement to medicare (part of SS which I pay $100 monthly for) and 100% of my Wife's health insurance. No State help there except for being part of a group plan. Not much gravy there but since we live pretty simple, we get by pretty good. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worked for the US Forest Service for a while. My immediate boss lost his privelages of actually leaving the office and going out on the national forst property because he was convicted in a $400k timber theft scheme where he marked timber not in a timber sale for a cut. His job was to determine what would be thinned, harvested, burned etc...He got to keep his job, he just couldn't do his job. The only reason he wasn't allowed on the national forest was a judge ordered that, not the USFS. The entire reason they hired me was to go out and be the eyes and ears for my boss lol.

That was 18 years ago and I heard 2-3 years ago that he was still working for the USFS.

Otto is my co-pilot.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Didn't realize that there was so many tax feeders on this forum.

It explains a lot,... a *whole* lot.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Who'd of thought this woulda turned to [bleep] after the first post!

IMO-

All gov pensions should start at 62. I couldn't get enough guts together to begrudge a retired military vet his pension, they were earned.

GS is another story. But hell, ain't nothing stopping me from doing the same, so I won't begrudge them their choice.

I will vote, and push my elected officials, to eliminate A LOT of .gov positions however.

The waste is EPIC.

Yep!

Not sure about the government workers, but I know our union pension is geared towards 62 or 65, but then we voted to put more of our wages into the union early retirement system. I might be able to go out when I'm 56. Now I won't get the same monthly benefit as I would if I stayed on until 62, but for those who can afford to make the leap at 55, I say congrats, go live life!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Didn't realize that there was so many tax feeders on this forum.

It explains a lot,... a *whole* lot.

We all can't be men leading lives of quite desperation.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Gov workers have a sense of entitlement. I have rarely met anyone with a good work ethic with the exception of those in the military. I believe if you get a government pension you should not be allowed to get social security you get one or the other but not both that is down right dishonest and its a slap in the face to all the hard workers in the private sector.

Principle Above All Else
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Not yet, anyway.

Yours will come when the gummint tit goes dry.

You're young.

You'll live to see it.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Rogmatt
Gov workers have a sense of entitlement. I have rarely met anyone with a good work ethic with the exception of those in the military. I believe if you get a government pension you should not be allowed to get social security you get one or the other but not both that is down right dishonest and its a slap in the face to all the hard workers in the private sector.

I get both and a VA disability too boot. I'm laffin all the way to the bank, ha, ha,

I'm not stupid, if I'm entitled to it, I'm going to collect it.

Last edited by AlabamaEd; 05/26/13.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rogmatt

OK, but I'm also gonna stop paying into SS.

Or do you feel entitled to me paying for your SS for you?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Not yet, anyway.

You're young.

You'll live to see it.

And what do you think will happen to your own retirement account (if you're actually smart enough to have one) when, as you say, "the gummint tit goes dry"?

Here's a news flash Bristoe, old boy - if the Government collapses, no one will be left with a pot to piss in.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef
Not yet, anyway.

You're young.

You'll live to see it.

And what do you think will happen to your own retirement account (if you're actually smart enough to have one) when, as you say, "the gummint tit goes dry"?

Here's a news flash Bristoe, old boy - if the Government collapses, no one will be left with a pot to piss in.

Not a question of if but when. In case you haven't figured it out we're bankrupt and the reason for that is entitlements.

Last edited by ColKlink; 05/26/13.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PSE
Someone's a bit jealous!!

Yep!

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Tomorrow morning when you wake up and are not speaking Arabic, thank a government worker. The private sector does not do much to keep us speaking English.

Allen

Good judgement comes from experience, which comes from bad judgement.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Allen, I paid one helluva lot of money into .gov the last 25 years. Think you forgot who keeps the lights on in this country. I am all for having .gov workers quit paying any kind of income taxes whatsoever. Reduce their pay by the same amount of course. Otherwise they start thinking they contribute, when indeed they are just an expense.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AHF
Tomorrow morning when you wake up and are not speaking Arabic, thank a government worker. The private sector does not do much to keep us speaking English.

Allen

Does not do much? Where does the money come from to pay the government worker's income and benefits?

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Not yet, anyway.

You're young.

You'll live to see it.

No I will not, but I'm sure you will. You will sit and whinge while those that can do for themselves will step to the fore and take responsibility and keep everyone fed and safe.

After the waters settle the whingers will ooze forward and vilify the doers and worm their way back into control, it is how the world works.

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
The private sector keeps us moving and progressing, the .gov sector makes sure the private sector has a safe place to do its job.
Do you disagree?
Allen

Good judgement comes from experience, which comes from bad judgement.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Methinks we should eliminate the military today. Good luck with that 401k

Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

378 members (1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 219DW, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,050 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,724
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.