Hop To
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by roundoak
Originally Posted by AHF
Tomorrow morning when you wake up and are not speaking Arabic, thank a government worker. The private sector does not do much to keep us speaking English.

Allen

Does not do much? Where does the money come from to pay the government worker's income and benefits?

From the presses in Philly of course.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Did you wake up speaking Arabic this morning?

Good judgement comes from experience, which comes from bad judgement.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AlabamaEd
Originally Posted by AHF
Tomorrow morning when you wake up and are not speaking Arabic, thank a government worker. The private sector does not do much to keep us speaking English.

Allen

Does not do much? Where does the money come from to pay the government worker's income and benefits?

From the presses in Philly of course.

You did not follow the money far enough.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by AHF

Allen

Govt employees pay as much tax as non govt workers do. IRS does not discriminate over income taxes among the middle class workers, govt employees included.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AHF
Originally Posted by AHF

Allen

Govt employees pay as much tax as non govt workers do. IRS does not discriminate over income taxes among the middle class workers, govt employees included.

IRS is not supposed to discriminate in favor of govt employees and where did you get the idea of middle class workers, especially in the govt?

Last edited by AlabamaEd; 05/26/13.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

IC B2

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by AHF
Originally Posted by AHF

Allen

Last time I looked, the IRS income tax tables only listed income brackets in dollar amounts. None were labeled with the type of employment one does.

IRS is not supposed tp discriminate in favor of govt employees and where did you get the idea of middle class workers, especially in the govt?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rogmatt
Gov workers have a sense of entitlement. I have rarely met anyone with a good work ethic with the exception of those in the military. I believe if you get a government pension you should not be allowed to get social security you get one or the other but not both that is down right dishonest and its a slap in the face to all the hard workers in the private sector.

Where in the name of Hades do you come up with this drivel?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Allen, If I gave my kid a $10 allowance and then took $2 back to pay for something for the house and he then thumps his chest and says he is paying to keep the house up, that strikes me about the same as .gov workers paying taxes. Makes no sense. And I should just pay my kid an $8 allowance in that case.

The gov does not create the wealth it needs to grow, it takes it. And with 90 million Amerikans not working, the load is starting to get pretty dam heavy on those of us are in the private sector paying the taxes.

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Rogmatt, in 1984 the govt changed its retirement system from CSRS to FERS. FERS employees pay into SS whereas CSRS employees do not. Why shouldn't a current govt employee be entitled to SS when he/she retires? They paid into it as much as non-govt employees have.

Allen

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I must be a rare bird. A retired gov worker who actually produced a product.

Helped build electronic and paper maps used to blow up rag heads, and whatever.

Got paid union scale, no complaints there, no SS, good CSRS retirement; but nothing like the numbers I see tossed around on here.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by 30338
Hey Allen, If I gave my kid a $10 allowance and then took $2 back to pay for something for the house and he then thumps his chest and says he is paying to keep the house up, that strikes me about the same as .gov workers paying taxes. Makes no sense. And I should just pay my kid an $8 allowance in that case.

The gov does not create the wealth it needs to grow, it takes it. And with 90 million Amerikans not working, the load is starting to get pretty dam heavy on those of us are in the private sector paying the taxes.

30338 (awesome cartridge BTW), if there were no govt employees to do the work that our tax dollars are paying for, O'Bonehead would give it all to Kenya or some other worthless organization of his choosing and the states would not get one red cent.

Allen

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Bow- had I been one year sooner, I would be CSRS and be happily retired now.

Allen

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AHF
Rogmatt, in 1984 the govt changed its retirement system from CSRS to FERS. FERS employees pay into SS whereas CSRS employees do not. Why shouldn't a current govt employee be entitled to SS when he/she retires? They paid into it as much as non-govt employees have.

Allen

Unless or course you began employment prior to 1984 in which case you are grandfathered into CSRS. There are still many active CSRS employees employed. You guys will be paying for this for 60-80 years or more.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
In Ohio I pay into OPERS. As of now, projected 12 years ahead, it looks like my retirement will be about $40,000 a year. I do have enough years to qualify for SS, but figuring the income from OPERS that looks like it is trivial.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by ColKlink
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Not yet, anyway.

Yours will come when the gummint tit goes dry.

You're young.

You'll live to see it.

And what do you think will happen to your own retirement account (if you're actually smart enough to have one) when, as you say, "the gummint tit goes dry"?

Here's a news flash Bristoe, old boy - if the Government collapses, no one will be left with a pot to piss in.

Not a question of if but when. In case you haven't figured it out we're bankrupt and the reason for that is entitlements.

Yes, I've figured that out, Klink. But "entitlements" has nothing to do with Government employment, defined benefit plans, or 401k's. If you're going to collect Medicare or SS (and most of us will), you're getting "entitlements".

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by AHF

Allen

Unless or course you began employment prior to 1984 in which case you are grandfathered into CSRS. There are still many active CSRS employees employed. You guys will be paying for this for 60-80 years or more.

Yes sir, you are exactly right. I wish that I had been one year earlier. I much prefer the CSRS system over FERS. FERS is quite complicated and 1/3 of FERS retirement is dependent on the employees ability to play the stock market (TSP).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AHF
Originally Posted by AHF

Allen

Where do the govt. employees get the money to pay income taxes?

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
And we here in Arizona have yet another taxpayer ripoff that directly benefits the lifelong gov't worker. I warn you now that this one is so vile that you may not be able to handle it.

It's called SmartWorks. This program allows a worker to retire and pull his/her pension.........while staying yet another year in the same position with the same agency on a contract employee basis. In essence........it is an extension of the employee's last year for a year.........while that employee gets to pull 1) Full retirement pension as programmed, plus 2) SmartWorks based 70%ish of his last year's annual income.

No kidding. I've watched guite a number of these happen the last 3 years..........this means a total of 150% of their last salary paid to them while they are un-engaged, lazy, checked-out, tired, and more than happy to take, take, and take from the taxpayer due to their lifelong development of their entitlement syndrome of which they have NO APPARENT shame for. These workers always left their year of SmartWorks with a pleasant attitude and a huge smile on their face. And they didn't produce DIDDLY!

I'm not making up this sheet.........it's real and it's here now. And I'm quite convinced that this ain't the only fawked up place in America.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Typical retard of the public sector.

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by AHF
Originally Posted by AHF

Allen

Same place you do, from your employer! Don't talk schitt about someone until you have worn their boots! What makes you think that a govt job is any easier than a non-govt job for the common laborer?

Where do the govt. employees get the money to pay income taxes?

Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (160user, 270cowboy, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,087
Posts18,482,855
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.