Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
It boggles my mind that folks could be so dense as to believe that because their (town, county, state) is so jacked up that everywhere else must be the same.

Not me,because the general populous is ignorant, even the "smart" folks here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Typical retard of the public sector.

I beg your pardon!

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Referring to ahf who thinks his paying taxes off tax money is a net gain.

Can't make up that kind of stupid.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
And we here in Arizona have yet another taxpayer ripoff that directly benefits the lifelong gov't worker. I warn you now that this one is so vile that you may not be able to handle it.

It's called SmartWorks. This program allows a worker to retire and pull his/her pension.........while staying yet another year in the same position with the same agency on a contract employee basis. In essence........it is an extension of the employee's last year for a year.........while that employee gets to pull 1) Full retirement pension as programmed, plus 2) SmartWorks based 70%ish of his last year's annual income.

No kidding. I've watched guite a number of these happen the last 3 years..........this means a total of 150% of their last salary paid to them while they are un-engaged, lazy, checked-out, tired, and more than happy to take, take, and take from the taxpayer due to their lifelong development of their entitlement syndrome of which they have NO APPARENT shame for. These workers always left their year of SmartWorks with a pleasant attitude and a huge smile on their face. And they didn't produce DIDDLY!

I'm not making up this sheet.........it's real and it's here now. And I'm quite convinced that this ain't the only fawked up place in America.

Yet somehow you have managed to find time to ply the Internet. Did you borrow the computer you're using or buy it? WTF is your point? If you don't like it, change the system or get the hell out of Dodge.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
And we here in Arizona have yet another taxpayer ripoff that directly benefits the lifelong gov't worker. I warn you now that this one is so vile that you may not be able to handle it.

It's called SmartWorks. This program allows a worker to retire and pull his/her pension.........while staying yet another year in the same position with the same agency on a contract employee basis. In essence........it is an extension of the employee's last year for a year.........while that employee gets to pull 1) Full retirement pension as programmed, plus 2) SmartWorks based 70%ish of his last year's annual income.

No kidding. I've watched guite a number of these happen the last 3 years..........this means a total of 150% of their last salary paid to them while they are un-engaged, lazy, checked-out, tired, and more than happy to take, take, and take from the taxpayer due to their lifelong development of their entitlement syndrome of which they have NO APPARENT shame for. These workers always left their year of SmartWorks with a pleasant attitude and a huge smile on their face. And they didn't produce DIDDLY!

I'm not making up this sheet.........it's real and it's here now. And I'm quite convinced that this ain't the only fawked up place in America.

Interesting. I have not heard of this program yet and I live in Az. But I do not work for the state either. Uncle Sugar as a similar program in which they re-hire retired annuitants at a reduced rate in a position close to the one in which they retired from. This is on a year-to-year contract and can be canceled at any time. There are limits to what they can do, but the idea is to pay less for someone with the same experience to do the same job. Instead of paying 10 people to do a job at XXX rate, they can pay 7 people at XXX and 3 at XX. This is their math, not mine, and I have no intention on trying to get into this program. I have had enough!

Allen

Good judgement comes from experience, which comes from bad judgement.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Yet somehow you have managed to find time to ply the Internet. Did you borrow the computer you're using or buy it? WTF is your point? If you don't like it, change the system or get the hell out of Dodge.

It's Sunday night and my day off, Wiz. These are my things......I made a bunch of money working and DELIVERING in business for many years and can afford to be state-of-the-art.

You may consider my posts here as my official desire to change the maniacally fawked up Gov't system.

Last edited by StripBuckHunter; 05/26/13.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Referring to ahf who thinks his paying taxes off tax money is a net gain.

Can't make up that kind of stupid.

I earned my position and plan on enjoying every cent of your hard earned tax dollars in my retirement. My tax dollars were spent keeping what narcotics I could off the street so your kid would not get hooked. If you want to complain about what I have done during my gov career, lets go fishing!

Good judgement comes from experience, which comes from bad judgement.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
This incredible horsesheet is very real. This is scary......dudes. And I mean this.

My local City had a non-degreed garbageman who had somehow been promoted to Public Works Director over the years (simply cuz he STAYED in this lousy org) when they refused to hire someone from the outside who was REALLY qualified. A few years later..........he was promoted to Acting Deputy City Manager..............no fawkin' kidding. He rested there for 3 years while making $143,000 per year.........and doing nothing.

And then, he retired.........plus pulled the SmartWorks salary his last year. He made over $200k his last year working for this LOUSY, CHICKENSHEET, gov't..........and smiled, laughed, and coasted on his way outta here.

Please...........all of you gov't defenders here.........post up a refutable response right here and right now. Or STFU....okay?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SBH, how much do you currently save toward your retirement? Dollar amount or percentage is fine.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
What city is that? Are they hiring?

Dink

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SBH, if you're tired of your tax dollars paying for the stuff in your city, why don't you move and not pay for it?

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by DINK
What city is that? Are they hiring?

Dink

LMAO, dude. I am not one of the privileged, fortunate ones. I keep saying it...........but, man.........I'm sooooo pissed off and disgusted. On the other hand......I have great, TERRIFIC people working under me. Just not above me.....LOL...........

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
SBH, if you're tired of your tax dollars paying for the stuff in your city, why don't you move and not pay for it?

In the works......my Gov't worker friend..........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not your friend.

How much do you save for retirement?

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Why doesn't one of you guys respond to my statement about SmartWorks and prove me entirely, completely wrong???

Do it now............and save America.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
let's review, class...

new guy, noted troller, plops in, starts a big fight between long time posters, and adds just enough fuel to the fire, to keep it rolling.

SBH, if you are as good a hunter, as you are a fisherman, you're awesome!

SBH, post up some REAL strip bucks, and give us some hard to decipher clues about honey holes, etc. + 5 points if you bash the locals for being gang hunters!

p/s Jorge, if you are retired from Blackwater, you had a private job, working for the Govt. If you are retired from the US Navy, you had a Govt. job.

It really IS that simple. grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Gov employees are gov employees. I started my adult life as a gov employee. Pretty easy life, if you ask me. Everything was taken care of, and tha paycheck showed up predictibly. I could have stayed in for another 15, but I just wanted more out of life.

But, those who work for the gov are limited on how much they can make. 60k a year doesn't give you much wiggle room with a single earner in a family. That would be my big hang up on ever working a .gov job, as I don't want my wife to work.

So, it's a trade off. It's a safe life to take a gov job. Not much turnover, and you can ride it out for a long time. Most of my pards are Forest Service or State employees. They work hard enough, but they are struggling to get ahead with the cost of living doing what's it's doing.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Why doesn't one of you guys respond to my statement about SmartWorks and prove me entirely, completely wrong???

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

How old are you, and what is your current salary?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok I'll bite. I'm sure there is more to it than you've said but it looks to me like a way to push some people out the door. In the long run they will probably save money since those who take it will no longer accrue additional bennies. It is also possible that the people leaving are under a grandfathered plan that costs more than younger workers.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

337 members (160user, 10ring1, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 2,041 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,712
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.