Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
All I've ever inherited was a dog nobody wanted, not even me.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Several years ago, the cousin of my sister-in-law died. He was an only child. He was an avid hunter and fisherman.

At a family gathering a year or so after he died, the mother approached my brother and asked him if he hunted. My brother said he did and she asked what he hunted. He told her he hunted birds. She left and came back to give him a Browning O/U Citori. He was stunned. He initially said no, but she was insistent and he gratiously accepted.

This pissed off the rest of the cousins to no end because my brother is family by marriage and not by blood. None of the other cousins hunt and the mom wanted his guns to go to someone who would actually use it and appreciate it.

The cousins have been telling my brother he should sell the gun and split the money. I advised him to tell the cousins to go screw themselves. He's more diplomatic than I, but he hasn't made any apologies and thanks the aunt each time he gets a bird.

Nice gun that is owned by a great guy.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Be nice if he sent her a few quail breasts.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve
P!ss me off!

[sorry needed to vent]

Must just be life in the USA today. People at work are always asking for $$$.
One woman here wants $$$ because she and her husband can't have kids.
So she thinks everyone should give her $$$ to pay for the infertility treatments. cry

Piss me off mad

Last edited by Hotload; 06/17/13.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
At my brothers funeral, at the cemetery I was standing next to the funeral director and asked him when they were going to open the coffin for a final viewing. He said they couldn't do it anymore as there were to many fights among family members. He said in the past they had to call the police to break up some of the family fights. He said that two brothers got into it at the cemetery and one of them knocked over the casket of their dad.

Unbelievable.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
When my maternal grandfather passed away, one of his son-in-laws came by and quickly helped himself to his considerable stash of fishing equipment. Years alter I heard a co-worker (newly transferred to Texas from Illinois) trying to impress a single young secretary by telling her his well-off aunt had passed away. Said she had a son, but he and his sister had hired a lawyer who told them they had a good chance of beating him out of her inheritance.

When my Dad died, I got my chance of the funeral expenses and an old chain saw (that my mother let me have). That was more than I expected.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I had an uncle who owned several profitable funeral homes. When he died my aunt didn't know what to do with his vehicle. We needed one and I bought it from her for a pretty close to retail price and found out it had so many door dings on it, that it was probably over retail price. No matter. It was family and I didn't mind. It would be good transportation.

She had also told me that since I was the only one in the family who enjoyed the shooting sports, she was going to give me all his guns and hunting equipment. I probably got interested in guns and hunting due to him, so I was elated. The fact that he didn't have all that many guns, a dozen or less, but all were quite valuable collectors pieces, didn't hurt my exuberance. Once his kids, both who hated firearms and 2A, found out what she had promised me, the daughter pitched a fit, and she had to call me and reneg.

I didn't really care, it was their Dad and their call, but asked her son to purchase one gun from the collection before they sold them, knowing the daughter would turn me down. I told him of a couple I would be interested in and that I would treasure any of them in their Dad's honor, but never heard back on my request.

When their mother died a couple of years later they both got millions.

Good for them. I certainly still love them both dearly. Life goes on, and is too short to worry about the small stuff and stuff like this is the small stuff.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My first wife's parents died suddenly and unexpectedly within two weeks of each other, FIL first and then MIL. While my first wife (the only daughter) was at funeral home figuring out what outfit she wanted her mom to be buried in, she asked me to run by their house and get a couple of specific pieces of her mom's jewelry for her. I got there to find an aunt and her dead-beat, no account, numb-nutz son hauling furniture and stuff out the front door. I blocked their vehicle in the driveway. The next door neighbors came running out saying they'd been trying to call us. I asked neighbor to call the police, as I confronted the aunt and numb-nutz cousin, whom I already despised. He'd needed somebody to stomp a mud-hole in his azz for years. Numb-nutz' step-father was a well respected veteran of the police dept and a good man that I hunted and fished with.

Aunt started some crap about them "just getting some of the family heirlooms that" it was their "turn to keep for a while". I told her "No damn way, put it ALL back in the house," and numb-nuts made the mistake of making a pass at me. He shouldn't oughta have done that. Seems he somehow fell down the front steps, hitting several things with his head on the way down, and somebody's mule must have been out in the yard because he ended up with several big kick bruises in the gut and ribs.

Neighbors didn't see a thing except for him trip and fall down the steps. The police were very well acquainted with numb-nutz and how clumsy he was. But they assured him that if he and his mom didn't get EVERYTHING back in that house immediately and that if they ever came back, they'd be locked up instantly.

His step-father, who also despised him, was tickled to death with me. Even though the wife and I are now divorced, most of her family still loves me, and a lot of it has to do with that incident.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I'm going through the passing of my FIL ( just after his wife ) and an estranged azz hat step son who dis-owned them both 35 years ago has re-appeared!
He lives just a few miles away but the only time we ever saw him or his spawn, was on Christmas morning, in time for breakfast and gift opening! And then 365 days later!
Now he's back.
Bill ( FIL ) has told me he can never forgive him for hurting his bride and doesn't want to see him again.
The bastard is in the will for a full share, but Bill doesn't ever want to see his smirking mug. All he does is biatch about how rough they have it...
A few weeks
His last question to Bill was :
"So do you think you'll make it to your birthday in June?"

Bill's reply: " My birthday is in July !", (the 90th one)
I have told Bill he will never cross the threshold again, while I am alive.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FIL died 2 years ago with 4 daughters, one of which is my wife of course.

They were all very close but he didn't leave a will and the man was a collector. He also played favorites among the daughters giving my wife some collectables just before he died.

The other daughters claimed she was supposed to just be "holding" them for him as he was concerned about a step-son (living in Hong Kong) getting them, so in turn , they withheld much of her 1/4 share.

Things got ugly , one sister threatened to call the police on my wife in front of my kids making my daughter cry.

and she had the gd nerve to ask me to build her kids a swing set on Xmas day last year (which I did because I happen to like her children)

If you have children - leave a will and don't keep secrets about it so they all know where they stand.

Last edited by KFWA; 06/17/13.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Skeezix
Even though the wife and I are now divorced, most of her family still loves me, and a lot of it has to do with that incident.

always love it when real life examples prove the validity of my sig line! thanks Skeezix grin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Timing is everything in many situations.

Unfortunately a few times I tend to take it slow, I mean don't ask at the funeral... and when I thought time was right, stuff was already gone, folks had asked already....

But I know the feeling, had folks come up to the FIL place while he was still dying from cancer, to find out if anything was for sale.

And before they had the dirt on my grandpas casket, my uncle demanded the checkbook, check the balance and write each of the kids a check for the balance divided by 4....I did say a few words before my father could. My father said nothing after. I do occasionally speak to my uncle to this day. Once a year or so maybe.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd speak to him too Jeff

but I'd be tempted to tell him just GFY and leave it at that.

but I've never had any doubt you're a better man than me.

have seen both sides of the coin

my wife's stepmother was evil, got rid of stuff, claimed no knowledge of other stuff, had to take her to court just to find out what he had. Most of the court proceedings were in behalf of her mother, for title to a house he'd given her when they split up, some SS $$ (as he was still legally married to her, even though he'd lived with this other woman for 20+ years)

finally got an old Marlin 39 and an old single shot shotgun delivered to our house along with some personal effects that have no numerical value only sentimental, and each of the kids got 25K from the estate.

my dad died, and you couldn't ask for my stepmother to be any more fair or equitable and forthright in her dealings with me and my sis.

funny but that's when my wife cried the hardest, when she saw the contrast of how different two human beings can be.

my stepmother, I'd do most anything for her even though she's a long ways away.

my wife's stepmother, I might pizz on her if she was on fire and I really needed to go bad. and she lives in the same town as far as I know.

used to plow them out in winter and do chores for them when needed, wood, fencing, you know the stuff you do for old folks.

won't help her, won't speak to her she can........yeah you guessed it, GFH

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
Timing is everything in many situations.

And before they had the dirt on my grandpas casket, my uncle demanded the checkbook, check the balance and write each of the kids a check for the balance divided by 4....I did say a few words before my father could. My father said nothing after. I do occasionally speak to my uncle to this day. Once a year or so maybe.

Yeah, when my FIL died, my wife's brother, who only ever showed up every two or three years, and makes well into six-figures a year, flew in from NC, walked in the door and the VERY first thing he did was demand the FIL's checkbook and wrote himself a reimbursement check for airline tickets, motel room, and "miscellaneous expenses". Schit eater. He did the same thing again two weeks later when his mom died.

But I believe what goes around comes around. Couple of years later his daughter was severely injured in an accident, and had a long agonizing recovery. And his wife, who was an evil unholy biotch herself, died a horrible death of cancer in her 50's, shortly afterward.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My Mom died several years ago and as a result of my being the executor of her estate and trying to do everything fairly and openly, I've got a sister that I still wouldn't get close enough to for her to kiss my ass.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by KFWA

If you have children - leave a will and don't keep secrets about it so they all know where they stand.

When I kick the bucket my daughter will get everything except the bills...those I intend to leave to the tax office.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
When my Papa died, well he wasn't quite dead yet, still laying in the hospital for a few days after his stroke, my dad's [bleep] brothers went over to his house and took all of his guns before he even passed away. People are [bleep]...

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
That sounds illegal.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My cousin called and asked me if I wanted to buy a firearm that was left to me in a will that disappeared and showed up at her house 20 years later.

I told her no and played it cool. I called the local gunshop where she lived and talked to the lady who owned it and told her when it came in for consignment to call me.

I wound up with the gun for next to nothing and didn't give my cousin the satisfaction of selling it to me at a highly inflated price.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NathanL
My cousin called and asked me if I wanted to buy a firearm that was left to me in a will that disappeared and showed up at her house 20 years later.

I told her no and played it cool. I called the local gunshop where she lived and talked to the lady who owned it and told her when it came in for consignment to call me.

I wound up with the gun for next to nothing and didn't give my cousin the satisfaction of selling it to me at a highly inflated price.

I would have just smiled and watched her go to jail.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (338rcm, 7mm_Loco, 35, 6mmbrfan, 1_deuce, 9 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 849 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,450
Posts18,507,948
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.