Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 116 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 115 116
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by k98junkie
I don't entirely buy self defense theory. He could have avoided confrontation simply by not following Martin. He was clearly told by 911 operator not to follow him. He elected to act nevertheless. Any reasonable man would be cognizant that a confrontation could happen in such situation. The bottom line is, even if his life was in danger when the fight erupted, what led to the confrontation was a result of his willful choice.

Isnt this like saying "Dont go to the store, its dangerous out there". Can I willfully pummel the sh*t out of anyone that I deem to be following me? Your statements make no sense at all.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks. I'm not so optimistic.
In my view, if the jury believes that Zimmerman followed and/or confronted Martin, they might very well disregard the law and and return a guilty verdict.

Last edited by night_owl; 07/03/13.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by night_owl
Thanks. I'm not so optimistic.
In my view, if the jury believes that Zimmerman followed and/or confronted Martin, they might very well disregard the law and and return a guilty verdict.

I, personally would not want to be judged by 6 women who were not smart enough to get out of Jury Duty! That's the scary part! Just Sayin.... wink

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I'm obliged for the answer. Doctor of Law, TRH, didn't know.

I reckon he just became TRHJD.

Gene. Thats why i have been addressing him as Bob's apprentice.

I referred to him as Bob's intern. It's more appropriate in the legal world. My son "interned" at two Law Offices the summer before his last year of Law School, and went to work at the one he liked best when he graduated and was admitted to the the Bar shortly afterward.

Of course, he worked his way thru school and had a mountain of student loans to repay [which he has done,btw] so he had no choice.

He kinda liked the idea of CJ, but starting pay in a PA office sucks, and then he found that many of the trial lawyers at his firm had never seen the inside of a courtroom even after 5 or 6 years.

So.... TRHjd is an intern and [I'm sure] grateful for all the legal training he gets from his mentor.

grin

When do you think he will be upgraded to full partner?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
When hell freezes over.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Lol. I think he should. Having on staff a failed police cadet and washout from law school could be very beneficial. I mean even small offices need maids

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That is why nowadays if I need to REALLY go somewhere where I need to carry, I think twice before going anymore. Now if my wife is with me then I'll carry and take the grief to protect her, otherwise I just don't go. I'm telling you guys this Zimmerman case is a game changer and I still think they'll hang a manslaughter conviction on him as a "compromise" not knowing that here in Florida that might as well be 2nd Deg conviction.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Tell you what boys, this nightmare makes it all the more difficult for one to carry, much less use a firearm to protect oneself. If even in Florida with one of the supposed best personal defense friendly states gets you into this much trouble, I think I'm staying home and become a recluse!

Jorge - it does make one re-consider the consequences of (not so much carrying, but) standing your ground. Regardless of who is right, the shooter looses (legal costs, possible imprisonment, social rejection,etc.). Something to think about.

That is precisely why any Firearm CCW instructor worth his sale should ALWAYS tell you the best option is to LEAVE which incidentally that is EXACTLY what Zimmerman was doing, LEAVING and going back to his truck before that criminal intercepted him and confronted him. He had no options then.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Lol. I think he should. Having on staff a failed police cadet and washout from law school could be very beneficial. I mean even small offices need maids
laugh More like a go-fer... TRH go get some lunch...go get the car washed...pick up my suits..etc etc..

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
laugh More like a go-fer... TRH go get some lunch...go get the car washed...pick up my suits..etc etc..

You know someday he is gonna show up at a campfire get together with a womens thong on his head and an uzi in his hands and go postal

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
eek Probably nun-chucks on his belt. shocked

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
There will be a magic moment to react though. When he struggles to rip open the vacuum seal bag to get his shower gun.

Maybe all future events should have security...say a crazy eyed negro in a pick up truck

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Word is he could have a partnership tomorrow if he would assume LPE's liabilities as well.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
ROTFLMAO!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Maybe all future events should have security...say a crazy eyed negro in a pick up truck

Isnt that like TRH kryptonite?

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Word is he could have a partnership tomorrow if he would assume LPE's liabilities as well.
Him and Isaac could be partners.....

They could start a business selling vacuum sealed hand guns,ammo,nun-chucks and flash lights. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E

Isnt that like TRH kryptonite?
laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Him and Isaac could be partners.....

They could start a business selling vacuum sealed hand guns,ammo,nun-chucks and flash lights. wink

I can see it now. Mall ninja arbitration and equipment outlet

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
With personal training from TRH.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It was Trayvon that turned the conversation into an altercation.

44henry

Page 30 of 116 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 12344mag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,824
Posts18,477,888
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.