Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The only way that I was comfortable buying a Stone Glacier is that I was able to get one in my hands, see how it worked, pack/repack it, and even carry some stuff around with it.

Any idea if a demo version of the paradox will be headed to AK any time in the near future?

GB1

B
B
Intro price of $599 with multi cam. That might get a few more in the field?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Multicam fabric is 73% more expensive than gray or black VX21. Sorry man, it is what it is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cwh2
The only way that I was comfortable buying a Stone Glacier is that I was able to get one in my hands, see how it worked, pack/repack it, and even carry some stuff around with it.

Any idea if a demo version of the paradox will be headed to AK any time in the near future?

cwh,

Maybe. Right now we have several tester packs out, and when they come back they are spoken for by more testers. When the testers are done we may be able to roll those packs into a demo program.

There is actually one tester who has put 25 miles on the pack with 100+ lbs. When he gets done with that pack we are thinking about offering a discount to anyone who is willing to do 10 miles with it loaded with 100+. Kind of an "earn a coupon" deal. When that pack retires we will know exactly what a Paradox will take.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RockChucker30

There is actually one tester who has put 25 miles on the pack with 100+ lbs. When he gets done with that pack we are thinking about offering a discount to anyone who is willing to do 10 miles with it loaded with 100+. Kind of an "earn a coupon" deal. When that pack retires we will know exactly what a Paradox will take.

That's a pretty cool idea. Per-lb/mile discount? smile

I'm not immediately in the market for a pack, but would be very interested in test driving one and maybe buying after hunting season. Would probably be looking at just the frame based on the pricing you listed.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RockChucker what part of Tn are you located? Do you have any of the packs where you're at? I'm interested but I'd like to see one up close first.

Thx

G
gwl Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
A pack frame for 300 dollars or the whole deal for 600 are you crazy is the dang thing made of gold. Some place in here you said something crazy like a reasonable price.

I think you should make a good profit but wtf.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by gwl
A pack frame for 300 dollars or the whole deal for 600 are you crazy is the dang thing made of gold. Some place in here you said something crazy like a reasonable price.

You're right, just get you one o'them cabelers pack frames and call it all good. ENJOY. Hell, better yet, get an ALICE pack. Thats the ticket!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
It's important to note at $599, you have an extremely versatile set up that includes a day pack that can be used stand alone, or on the frame as a compression panel for hauling any sort of load or coupled with the pack and frame for additional organization.

Personally, we could develop a less expensive pack bag option, and maybe offer a complete setup with pack bag and base talon for $400 ish that would be highly capable. However, I am conflicted on doing that, because while a basic pack bag has certain allure, I personally believe for smaller loads that a dry sack is superior. You can get a sea to summit 65 liter dry sack, for $40.00 and it weighs 5 ounces. This gives you a highly adaptable system of about 85 liters (5000 Cubic Inches) for under 3 lbs and under $400.00 . To me at least, the water resistance of a dry sack, the ease of use, and ease of adapting to the task at hand is better than a less expensive "pack bag" that gives the feel of a complete system yet is not as waterproof, or as easily replaced.

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gristle, I'm not far from Nashville, and I visit friends and family in Knoxville and Chattanooga fairly regularly. Let me know where you're at and maybe we can hook up.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gwl

gwl,

If you look in the market for packs that are comfortable at light backpacking loads and are comfortable at big loads you won't find many. IMO our pack is the only one that excels at both.

If you look for packs that are modular and heavy load capable you will find a few. We are priced very favorably compared to those.

If you want a cheap pack then look at a Kelty cache hauler or some other pack made in Asia. They work ok for what they are and are a good value.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by gwl

This, is the "backpack hunting" forum of the "Campfire" and while many of the former and highly experienced posters seem to have left, those here are interested in serious backpack hunting and all that entails.

Some of the gear one requires to do this and I am not merely referring to packing out a Moose, on some crude frame, when you shoot it about 200 yds. from your quad, does cost a considerable amount. This, is due to the cost of the specialized materials, the relatively long "design and development" periods and the cost of the skilled labour needed to build gear to the quality required for this demanding activity.

My first impression of the prices asked for Paradox packs was/is how very reasonable they seem, relative to other comparable gear, but, I have been at this for almost a half century and learned the value of highend, seemingly "expensive" gear in the field.

YOU, may only require an inexpensive set of gear for YOUR hunting, although I understand that ATVs cost far more than ANY pack, but, most here come here to learn and one aspect of that is discussing the latest gear and in a manner respectful to others and the makers.

So, again, based on the comments here of people whom I trust absolutely, I would not hesitate to and, had I not some financial commitments at present, WOULD definitely buy one of the $599.00 combos.

I cannot recall seeing a pack that appealed to me so much at first glance as this one does, other than my NICE rigs. It looks like a real "winner" to me.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If you play with various combination you can find less expensive combinations as well. For instance, you can do a Frame and Base Talon along with a 4800 Roll top in Multi Cam for under $550.00 and closer to $500 without the Multi Cam.

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Or run a 4800 with no Talon for $478.

Under $500 competes with big box store packs IMO, and we intend to do that. Why pay $400 for an ok pack made in China when you can pay a bit extra for made in USA and get a huge upgrade in performance?

That's our thinking anyway.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Do you have a pic of just the back of the frame so that one can check for mount points and adaptability of our existing bags?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Should be one here:

http://paradoxpacks.com/gallery/

I'm on mobile for a few days so responses may be short and/or misspelled.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Thank you!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RockChucker30
Gristle, I'm not far from Nashville, and I visit friends and family in Knoxville and Chattanooga fairly regularly. Let me know where you're at and maybe we can hook up.

I live just outside Knoxville and get to middle and west Tn fairly regular. I'm free most weekends and would like to get together in the near future.

G
gwl Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
So Kutnay are you saying that if a guy is not willing to drop 600 on a pack they are not a serious hunter and do not belong here. And if I question the price for MY hunting gear than I must be on of THOSE people. I can just see you looking over your glasses and down at the poor unwashed. Wait you cant even afford the pack yourself. That is funny stuff.

As for the ATV and 200 yards from my Quad comments sorry not me. Do I have to have a 600 pack to pack in a few miles a couple times a year to be a real hunter.

Should I start looking for the dollar store hunter forum so I can be with my kind people or can someone direct me to the walmart forum site.

Rock chucker I am sorry if I offended you I am sure your pack is well thought out and you put a lot of time and energy into its development. I think you need to be well compensated for that I just feel it is a little spendy. I know the logical response if you do not like it don't buy it. Very true I just thought that people discuss things here and that I did not need to cheerlead to post. I just was saying what I thought.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GWL,

Sir if you can get by with a $300 pack for your uses/needs then by all means sir do so and save the money. I have found that the extra money in a $600+ pack worth it. Does that make me more hardcore??? Heck no, in fact probably makes me more of a pansy. Heck the guys hiking their gear over the Chilkoot Pass with packboards were tough as nails no doubt and likely you are too. Just sayingg FOR ME I find the $$$ spent on a $600+ pack worth it. Certainly doesn't means it the right choice for everyone. Good luck to you this fall. I hope to be hauling out dall sheep, caribou, mountain goats, moose, caribou, grizzly bear, black bear, and sitka deer in my Kifaru. No doubt its possible to get it done with a pack that costs half as much or less, but I prefer a pack that makes those long pack outs a bit less miserable wink To each their own. Kutenay has hauled more critter out of the back country than I likely ever will so I certainly respect his opinion.

Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,863
Posts18,517,866
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.