Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rogue
Oregon SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Mike shocked

Im shocked to hear you say that...

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by Boise
East dry and conservative, west wet and liberal.

Says it all.

Hay now, That sounds like a pretty good description of Washington State!!!!! crazy

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Boise
East dry and conservative, west wet and liberal.

you boys are out of towners evidently...

Potland, Sale'em and EuGene don't make up the state of Oregon, contrary to popular belief... they occupy about 3/4 of 1 percent of the state's geography.. however sadly they out number all of the rest of us about 52 to 48%.. and they vote liberal....

but for the rest of the state, minus a few islands of Insanity... Ashland and Bend for instance, the rest of the state is predominantly conservative to very conservative...

like anywhere in the west, or course we have high profile California liberals that come up here, get involved in politics and being 'community organizers' like the one in the White House... who are on a mission to screw it up like every other place they go...

get past that, its a great place...

the liberals running the government sucks, but where doesn't when they get entrenched....

and as my son puts it, it only rains once a year in Oregon... from Thanksgiving to May...sometimes late April...

but it is still drier than Washington, which is much drier than BC....

it isn't as wonderful as it was in the 70s, but then where else is anyway....

and as far as hating Californians, it is something you have to deal with... but living here since 1995 and not coming from California, I learned one important thing about anyone who will bitch at someone being from California...

That turns out to be from California transplants...that got here before you did...

in typical self centered Californian Fashion, each one thinks they were the last good Californian across the State Line...

every one after them evidently is an assH*LE.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oregon SUCKS!!!!!!!!

I agree.

Move to Montana.

Last edited by 4th_point; 08/13/13.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Sorry, I did forget the code: Oregon Sucks!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Oregon SUCKS!!!!!!!!

I agree.

Move to Montana.

Roger that.....

Marty, John, you don't know what you're talking about.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the last week I've ate deer, elk, salmon and multiple bottom fish....

Frickin Californians everywhere....... screw em.....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you like bear hunting you will love Oregon. Unfortunately its easier to go harvest a bear then a deer or elk here. Darn cougars put a huge dent in the population. Left part of the state is lib and the right is right. I was born and raised in Bend and will be moving to AK eventually to escape all the blaze orange.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
To describe the average Oregon native this little 'story' holds pretty true...

An outfitter in Eastern Oregon takes three clients out on an Elk Hunt....

On the final day, all three hunters score a huge bulk elk each, and spirits are of course high around the campfire at dinner time....

After the conversation dies down after dinner, and they are just starring into the fire, the Guy from Houston walks over to his pack and takes out a bottle of Tequila....

He downs a big slug of it, puts the cap back on and tosses it in the air over the fire... He pulls out his pearl handled Colt 45 and fires a shot exploding the bottle and its contents over the fire, while he yells "YEEEEEEEE HAW!"

the other two hunters and guide look at him in surprise....

The Texan explains, "By God boys, that's how we celebrate in Texas, and don't worry about that bottle of Tequila, we have lots of that in Texas!"

so after about 5 minutes of quiet, the guy from California gets up and goes over to his pack and pulls out a bottle of Napa Valley Wine... he pulls the cork and take a big slug of the wine, and then recorks the bottle....

he then throws the bottle in the Air over the fire and pulls out his AK 47 Assault rifle and unleashes an entire 30 round clip at it exploding the bottle over the fire and Yells "YIPPPEEEEE".... by golly that is how we celebrate in California!!!! and don't worry about that bottle of Napa Red Wine, we have plenty of that....

So it is quiet around the campfire for another 10 minutes or so, and the Texan keeps looking at the local hunter from Oregon, wondering what he is going to do...

Finally the guy from Oregon feels the pressure, so he walks over to his pack and pulls out a bottle of Henry Weinharts Beer from Portland, and tips it up and downs the whole thing in a couple of gulps....

He tosses the bottle up in the air over the campfire, and then aims his 12 gauge double barrel shotgun that has been in the family for 4 generations and blasts the Californian with both barrels....

The Texan looks at him in shock, while the Oregon hunter catches the bottle.. and the outfitter sits there and snickers...

The old Oregon Hunter points at the Californian and says to the Texan, Awww Don't worry about him, we got plenty of those.... then holding up the bottle of Henry Weinharts Beer, but this bottle, that's worth a Nickle!!!

and now you know about Oregon.... whistle

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had a few bunches of bear jerky and salami to boot.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Winnie1300

I have been wanting a 338 for some reason.. now I know.

I can blame it on you. laugh

Did this keep poping into your head:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In the last week I've ate deer, elk, salmon and multiple bottom fish....

Frickin Californians everywhere....... screw em.....

and Rogue's a great example of the great folks that live here...

but if they have a fault, it would be how subtle they can be at times... whistle

Mike, personally I love Californians.... Just like I love Mexicans... but I love Californians when they are in California, like I love Mexicans, only when they are in Mexico.. where they belong...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Roger, guess working in Ashlandistan begins to get at a guy....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Mike, when you get depressed about that, there is always Cave Junction or Wolf Creek if ya get bored and wanna really step up to HippieStan.....and primitive cultures...

hell with all the Mary Jane they smoke in CJ, the recent fires were burning a week before the locals realized anything was out of the ordinary....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rolled through the IV a couple days ago headed back from fishing. Holy crap what a bunch of freaks. Then I went to work yesterday and took a nice long run.

Today while running, I saw a guy hugging a burnt out tree tree stump.

WTF........

Last edited by Rogue; 08/13/13.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
ya know Mike, before I moved here, I never believed in aliens... but when you live among some of them, well its kind of hard to continue to ignore them....

so many clowns around here on Meth... nothing surprises me any more...

I went to a wake of Friday in CJ of a scout leader that had an undiagnosed aortic aneurism, and it killed him at 50 yrs old...

darn wake and I couldn't believe the weirdos at that either....

Winnie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Winnie1300

I have been wanting a 338 for some reason.. now I know.

I can blame it on you. laugh

Did this keep poping into your head:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

grin

You call that a group? grin

Yes, those pictures. One day I will have one.

Winnie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
Well Mike, when you get depressed about that, there is always Cave Junction or Wolf Creek if ya get bored and wanna really step up to HippieStan.....and primitive cultures...

hell with all the Mary Jane they smoke in CJ, the recent fires were burning a week before the locals realized anything was out of the ordinary....

My great grandmother lives in Cave Junction..

So fun to people watch.. grin

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I started out in LaGrande and also lived in The Dalles, Grants Pass and Corvallis before I left to pursue the Air Force life in 1975. There's not one place that will meet all your needs without a bit of travel time ... and the surfing thing ... the Oregon coastal waters are a bit cool for that (usually in the 40's) due to a phenomenon called upwelling.

I loved the hunting/fishing in and around LaGrande. This was mostly trout and seasonal migrating Steelhead and Salmon. There were only muleys in the area then (now some whitetails) and the Rocky Mtn Elk. A trip to the coast was around 6 hours one way.

In The Dalles we had the Columbia River for warm-water species and sturgeon. The Deschutes was nearby for Steelhead and trout. The area is fairly dry with a decent muley population and not many elk. A trip to the coast was around 3 1/2 hours.

Grants Pass featured the Rogue River, dry climate, proximity to hippies and a shorter trip to the coast. There are some decent blacktails there as well as an occasional muley at higher elevations. The Rogue has a great salmon/steelhead fishery.

Corvallis is between the two crapholes (Portland and Eugene) but had plenty of fishing (Alsea, Siletz, Santiam rivers) and just an hour to the coast. The blacktail population was decent but hunting was tough in that very thick (well-watered) vegetation. It was just a 1 1/2 hr drive to the high desert area (Bend) where there were muleys. The Roosevelt elk was the species in the coastal range.

The entire state has such a diverse ecosystem ... wet coastal, river valleys between mountain ranges, high mountains and high desert. If I had my druthers I'd be back in the NE part of the state (LaGrande) where there was a smaller population of like-minded folks and ample opportunities to quickly get away from it all. The most beautiful place on earth (my opinion) was the Eagle Cap wilderness, just a couple of hours away.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Disapointing to here all the news about Oregon.

We gave it a long hard look but it seems like it will be like California before long.

I wanted to be the exception to the stereotype about California immigrants. The first thing I wanted to do on arrival was get rid of the stupid bullet buttons on my AR's and throw away the 10 rd. mags.

I wanted some space around me where I could do whatever the fark I wanted to do without bothering anyone or being bothered.

What a shame.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

450 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,088
Posts18,521,967
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.