Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm less concerned about stuff, that's for certain. I was getting worn down at work but retirement took care of that problem. I'm pretty damn content right now.

Travel is low on my list, after moving around my entire adult life.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And we're contemplating having a kid next year. That should keep me busy till I die.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Im 43 at the end of the month, and been feeling stressed for awhile. Obama and defense cuts put the brakes on some plans, did away with others. Feel like just up and quitting some days and starting my own business again. But, dont know if I have it in me. Right now, I can just ride things out and hope for the best. But I hate not being in control. Most days, its just hard to relax.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only thing I'm tired of is responsibility.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Amen brother.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pahick
Im 43 at the end of the month, and been feeling stressed for awhile. Obama and defense cuts put the brakes on some plans, did away with others. Feel like just up and quitting some days and starting my own business again. But, dont know if I have it in me. Right now, I can just ride things out and hope for the best. But I hate not being in control. Most days, its just hard to relax.

I can really relate to this. I started another business at your age and didn't think I had it in me either. I find myself resisting rather than embracing it like I did in my 20's the first go-around. Life has a way of tiring you out. Find things that energize you within your work and focus on those to increase your satisfaction quotient. If nothing else, doing your job sacrificially for your customers has it's own rewards that no one can steal from you.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
And we're contemplating having a kid next year. That should keep me busy till I die.

Which, the contemplating or the having? whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The only thing I'm tired of is responsibility.

I even trashed that quite some time ago. Three months and I will be seventy nine and I can truthfully say that I enjoy life just as much now as I ever have. Some of my interests have changed but trying to make more money than I need is not on my list, short or long.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Amature ham radio is a great retirement hobby. You can travel the globe from your ham shack and converse with many interesting forieners.

Here, hold my beer and watch this!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I found it, but I gotta get divorced first.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
To me it sounds a lot like plain ol' depression. There is nothing better than strenuous exercise for treating it, imo.

BTDT.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by pahick

I can really relate to this. I started another business at your age and didn't think I had it in me either. I find myself resisting rather than embracing it like I did in my 20's the first go-around. Life has a way of tiring you out. Find things that energize you within your work and focus on those to increase your satisfaction quotient. If nothing else, doing your job sacrificially for your customers has it's own rewards that no one can steal from you.

Thanks. I know that if I quit where im at and start up another business, though ill have to work harder, I can actually schedule more time off than I have accrued now. Its just, well taking that first step and risking it all isnt what I planned on at this point. And if I fail, it might mean not being able to financially make it here where I grew up. Which, even thought I bitch and moan, id like to stay here. Aint ever easy is it?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do you have any network of like-minded people you can connect with? Maybe a once a month dinner or some such? Some way to meet and talk to help you sort out some of the insecurities by nailing down some specific actions to overcome what's troubling you? There's always someone who can breathe life into you if you've got that down-deep drive that's just stifled a bit by some trivial nagging uncertainties. Not to downplay your ventures stature to trivial, but you know what I mean.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for all the suggestions. I learned something this evening.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Do you have any network of like-minded people you can connect with? Maybe a once a month dinner or some such? Some way to meet and talk to help you sort out some of the insecurities by nailing down some specific actions to overcome what's troubling you? There's always someone who can breathe life into you if you've got that down-deep drive that's just stifled a bit by some trivial nagging uncertainties. Not to downplay your ventures stature to trivial, but you know what I mean.

Plenty. Mostly family. 90% of my family on my fathers side are in the same business I was. All of them are doing quite well. Deep down, I know I can make it. Ill be starting with nothing this time, instead of having a running start given by my father. I guess what it comes down to is, I have it easy right now. Really unstable, but easy. But everyday when I clock in, I ask myself why im there and for how much longer. I think there may be layoffs coming that will reach my level, and if they do that'll be the push I need to make it happen. Why im waiting for someone else to push me, I dont really know.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What's wrong with you, are you a mouse or a man? Get off your butt and suck it up! Do it!!!

There, how was that? smile

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just what I needed! Thanks!! laugh

Seriously, I do appreciate it. Lifes short, and im ready for it. Itll most likely happen. Thanks again. Have a great evening!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Snap out of it, you could go another 40 years.

Americans First!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've got a lot of ambition for life.

It's the ambition to work that's taking a hit.

Working is okay,...but 40 years of it is enough.

Odd part of it is,..I've never been a particularly material kind of person,....yet somehow I got sucked into that "work 'till ya puke" game.

It's a sickness,...and I still have it to a certain extent.

A work ethic isn't something that you can just put down after a life spent developing it.

I like to pretend that I have the ability to just say "fuggit",...but I haven't gotten there yet.

The good news is,..I can actually imagine it as a forthcoming reality.

If it's like every other occurrence in my life, it'll sneak up on me and just be there one morning.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yea, and hopefully without a marker.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (Akhutr, 358wsm, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,529 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,921
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.