Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Whether you are for, or against, marijuana prohibition, it is against Federal law to possess, use or sell. Obama has decided to ignore the law again.

U.S. Says It Won�t Sue to Undo State Marijuana Laws

WASHINGTON � The Obama administration on Thursday said it would not sue to undo laws legalizing marijuana in 20 states, although it will monitor operations in those states to make sure they do not run afoul of several enforcement priorities.

Washington and Colorado recently began allowing small amounts of marijuana to be used recreationally, while 18 other states and the District of Columbia permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes.

In a phone call on Thursday afternoon, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. explained the government�s �trust but verify� approach to Gov. Jay Inslee of Washington and Gov. John W. Hickenlooper of Colorado, a Justice Department official said.

In a memo sent to federal prosecutors nationwide on Thursday, James M. Cole, the deputy attorney general, laid out eight priority enforcement areas. They are aimed at preventing marijuana sales to children, illegal cartel activity, interstate trafficking of marijuana, and violence and accidents involving the drug.

Federal prosecutors are expected to help state officials set up and carry out regulations, the Justice Department official said.

After Colorado and Washington legalized recreational marijuana, some members of Congress sought to have the administration clarify whether state officials risked federal criminal prosecution while carrying out their duties under the state laws.

The attorney general is expected to testify on Sept. 10 at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing focused on clarifying the administration�s stance on the state laws.

Senator Patrick J. Leahy, Democrat of Vermont and the chairman of the committee, said the administration should respect the state laws.

�It is important, especially at a time of budget constraints, to determine whether it is the best use of federal resources to prosecute the personal or medicinal use of marijuana in states that have made such consumption legal,� Mr. Leahy said. �I believe that these state laws should be respected. At a minimum, there should be guidance about enforcement from the federal government.�

Last week, the White House said President Obama did not support changing federal laws regulating marijuana, which treat the drug as a highly dangerous substance with no medical purpose.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

All the Democrats in Congress are smiling to see how Obama ignores them now. Go, Barry, go, they all say.

They'll be crying like little girls when the next Republican president does the same thing to them, using Obama as a precedent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right on! It's about, um, it's, uh....

I forgot what I was going to say.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I like the precedent. If they ain't going after the dope guys, they shouldn't go after gun owners either.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Funny that they say they are ignoring the issue here in Washington but it seems like you hear about DEA raids about once a month on Medical Marijuana distributors.

For once I actually agree with Obama, we would be better off if the feds stayed out of a lot more state issues. Other things he should also ignore are voter ID laws, and immigration laws to name a few.

IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
How do you get pot heads to vote? Put it on the ballot!!! Now, who do you think they will vote for?? Be happy you don't live here and have to put up with this nonsense!! We do not even know how to regulate it and I guarantee it will cost the state money!! I guess if you are Stoned all the time you do not feel as bad for the economy!!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I hear pot causes you to use excessive amounts of exclamation points.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
BELLINGHAM, Wash. � A man is accused of trying to get marijuana into a Washington state jail by attaching it to an arrow he shot onto the roof.

A Whatcom County sheriff's employee saw the man step out of his pickup truck and use a bow to launch the arrow toward the jail's second-floor recreation area, but it missed its target.

Sheriff Bill Elfo says the man, identified as 36-year-old David Wayne Jordan, was arrested for investigation of introducing contraband into the jail, resisting arrest and obstructing law enforcement.

The Bellingham Herald reports that Jordan served 20 days in the jail earlier this month for assault and resisting arrest.

The sheriff says Jordan told deputies he had been aiming at a squirrel, but he couldn't explain why he needed to attach marijuana to the arrow to go squirrel hunting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Medical Marijuana got legalized here. Next thing you know I'm fielding calls from "Dr.s" who wants to establish a practice in one of my buildings. I turned them all away. Besides the fact that isn't something I would want my kids to think I give a pass too (go ahead and laugh Rancho Loco), I could just see the Feds seizing my buildings as asset forfeiture.

ltppowell what is your opinion on legalization?

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sounds like the states are good to go prohibiting Obamacare. Or not?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
ltppowell what is your opinion on legalization?

Do it, or don't. It's prohibition is not enforced to any real extent and introducing kids to a criminal element is not healthy.

They're gonna do it...and it HAS to come from criminals. I really don't see any good choice, but at this point I lean toward legalization. At least a good kid could grow his own and not have to consort with Democrats/liberals.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
After working "under" on drugs and saw what the courts did - forget it. That ship sailed about 20 years ago. Kick the petties out of state and federal lockups too.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not surprising from this admin. They choose to ignore what's inconvenient for them. If this was a gun law, you can bet the feds would be suing like a crack whore on a rock.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Mac84
Not surprising from this admin. They choose to ignore what's inconvenient for them. If this was a gun law, you can bet the feds would be suing like a crack whore on a rock.

A good example is Holders aggressive lawsuit on the voter id law in Texas.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah...I did that a long time. There are no "petties" locked up anymore that I know of . That's a myth used by potheads in their foggy minded attempts to get legalization. There are better reasons to legalize it.

O
OSB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Well you will not be dealing with the cartells anymore you will be dealing with the real professional crimnal element in Washington D. C. Look for taxes on your weed. Real high taxes.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OSB
Well you will not be dealing with the cartells anymore you will be dealing with the real professional crimnal element in Washington D. C. Look for taxes on your weed. Real high taxes.

Nah...unlike alcohol, any idiot can grow good weed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
but the bastidges sue over voter ID laws ....how much more [bleep] up can they get? crazy

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eh76
but the bastidges sue over voter ID laws ....how much more [bleep] up can they get? crazy

We'll see, I'm sure. The stupidity of this administration seems to know no bounds.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Yes, you will still be dealing with cartels based upon quality,costs and accessibility. How are those 21 and under going to get their dope. And, the cartels will destroy the government on pricing, once forced to do so.

Lastly, if the states lose the hundreds of millions they get a year on the weed con, they will certainly think of ways to recapture it.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

279 members (160user, 2500HD, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 29 invisible), 1,771 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,493,023
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.