Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Roger Hedgecock this evening read all the military info presented in the hearings to the senate committee indicating Assad gassed his people. There was no proof and very little more than rubbish.

The proposal is for Sixty days (to kill Christians and rebels) and no COMBAT troops on the ground. When, in the course of these events (noncombatant troops on the ground) the US forces are fired on or US ships or aircraft are fired on the POS POTUS can then without ok from congress return with force he deems necessary.

What happens if a few of our ships are shot down?

This exercise is to distract from Benghazi.

Last edited by eyeball; 09/04/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

If we go, it's for another reason entirely...

Obama wants PR...

Perhaps you've noticed the decrease in coverage of immigration, jobs, economy, F&F, Benghazi, etc.?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by isaac
I despise John Kerry. Notwithstanding, it was his finest hour.

Separate the politics from what is right and what makes this country noble.

I have to disagree. I understand you don't do well on your football bets either. whistle

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Wag the dog.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
This is also looking more and more like a situation in which Putin and others wish to take on a gutless POS before we get someone with balls in office.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

If we go, it's for another reason entirely...

Obama wants PR...

Perhaps you've noticed the decrease in coverage of immigration, jobs, economy, F&F, Benghazi, etc.?

yep.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by eyeball
This is also looking more and more like a situation in which Putin and others wish to take on a gutless POS before we get someone with balls in office.

I don't see why he would.

I think Putin,..along with the rest of the would,..would be happy if the maniacs who control the American government just stopped fuggin' up the world.

I'm not that demanding, however.

I'd be happy if the American government just stopped fuggin' up America.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
Let them gas each other who gives a [bleep]?
=========

I do.

They've been doing this schit for hundreds of years, If we go in it will make no difference in their determination to kill each other so [bleep] 'em. I am not willing to risk one single american life for the likes of these animals as it will make no difference ever.

Look at the rest of the Middle East not one damn thing we have done has made any difference, the only reason small sections of the middle east are stable is because of the amount of money we pump into that region via the money we spend at the pump, take that away and you would see them going back to the old ways again. they don't like western ways and they sure the [bleep] don't like us telling them the way things should be.

They've made their choices, whether their right or wrong they've made them.

I'm sorry Bob, I usually agree with most things you say but this ain't one of them.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Who are you, and what have you done with the REAL Bob?

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If it turns out that the rebels are responsible for the latest attack, do 'we' then have to come out in support of the Assad government?

U.N. has testimony that Syrian rebels used sarin gas: investigator
Sun, May 5 2013

GENEVA (Reuters) - U.N. human rights investigators have gathered testimony from casualties of Syria's civil war and medical staff indicating that rebel forces have used the nerve agent sarin, one of the lead investigators said on Sunday.

The United Nations independent commission of inquiry on Syria has not yet seen evidence of government forces having used chemical weapons, which are banned under international law, said commission member Carla Del Ponte.

"Our investigators have been in neighboring countries interviewing victims, doctors and field hospitals and, according to their report of last week which I have seen, there are strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof of the use of sarin gas, from the way the victims were treated," Del Ponte said in an interview with Swiss-Italian television.

"This was use on the part of the opposition, the rebels, not by the government authorities," she added, speaking in Italian.

Del Ponte, a former Swiss attorney-general who also served as prosecutor of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, gave no details as to when or where sarin may have been used.

The Geneva-based inquiry into war crimes and other human rights violations is separate from an investigation of the alleged use of chemical weapons in Syria instigated by U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, which has since stalled.

President Bashar al-Assad's government and the rebels accuse each another of carrying out three chemical weapon attacks, one near Aleppo and another near Damascus, both in March, and another in Homs in December.

The civil war began with anti-government protests in March 2011. The conflict has now claimed an estimated 70,000 lives and forced 1.2 million Syrian refugees to flee.

The United States has said it has "varying degrees of confidence" that sarin has been used by Syria's government on its people.

President Barack Obama last year declared that the use or deployment of chemical weapons by Assad would cross a "red line".

Link

Have an A1 Day!
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yea, it could take a lot of problems off our step if the Sunnis a Shia spent a few centuries convincing each other about the best religion of piece.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did anyone notice the irony of Kerry being a former war protestor, now being heckled by war protestors? smile

I see the point that CW are nasty & evil chit. But it appears both sides are using them. Neither side is our friend. Let them keep killing each other - or at least push for negotiation.

If one of our friends is threatened, then I'd say differently, but we should sit this one out.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by shreck
There are two ways to destroy nerve gas, vaporize it with a nuke or put 75,000 boots on the ground and use this.

Actually there are two proven ways to destroy chemical agents.
1:Chlorine (applied directly on them and you have to use enough and allow it to work long enough)
2:Extreme heat.

The first isn't feasible without boots on the ground. The US won't use the second choice.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A community organizer vs. a KGB agent in the proverbial chess game. Who is most likely to come out on top? Just ponder that for a second.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Ah Chlorine...such a strong oxidant

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KR13
A community organizer vs. a KGB agent in the proverbial chess game. Who is most likely to come out on top? Just ponder that for a second.

know where I'm puttin' my money, It sure ain't on the chicago bathhouse boy.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Originally Posted by shreck
There are two ways to destroy nerve gas, vaporize it with a nuke or put 75,000 boots on the ground and use this.

Actually there are two proven ways to destroy chemical agents.
1:Chlorine (applied directly on them and you have to use enough and allow it to work long enough)
2:Extreme heat.

The first isn't feasible without boots on the ground. The US won't use the second choice.

Isn't that what I said. Did you check out the new fangled chemical washer the Air Force has?

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Syria... It's Really About Farcical Clusterphucks."

See: Libya, Egypt for "targeted, small-scale CF's" and Afghanistan, Iraq for "full tit in wringer CF's". With arab chitholes it's an all-in blackened-earth or stay-out, let'em kill each other off proposition, and all-in is not in the cards for us militarily or financially so why the [bleep] is anyone saber rattling is bit of a mystery.

Look, we've no cogent strategy for getting 60-million or whatever people off food stamps or even securing our own f'n southern border and those are relatively simple f'n problems concretely if not politically - so how anyone fancies removing each individual chemical weapon from a chaotic middle eastern civil war between opposing bad actors in a cute little sterile, "limited" engagement escapes my imagination.

Pap like that article is nothing but a low budget "save the children" commercial in support of a pending face-saving military venture by obama. What's a few american lives in exchange for his glory, after all?

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Well, you forgot that those cruise missiles cost up to a cool $1.4 million each. What better way to help bankrupt us? shocked

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Obama's been wrong in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, Libya, Israel, and that's just the short list.

Now some with no memory of any of that think he could possibly be right in Syria?

Nonsense from those with no sense.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1234, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 64 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,463
Posts18,529,174
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.