Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

So while the Jews should be respected and given their due as God's chosen, I'm not sure that they should run our government and its policies unchecked.

God's chosen people followed their Messiah.

The reason some didn't is explained very bluntly in the book of John,..8:42-8:47.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+8%3A42-47&version=NIV

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by billhilly
I don�t get it. If the Jews are so all powerful, sneaky, and malevolent, how do you guys get away with hating on them so publically? Seems like they�d be sending some ninja Jew assassins after ya.
I don't always agree with all the anti-Jew sentiment related here. I certainly don't hate the Jews nor the individual Jew. That said, some of y'all are astounding...and I mean no personal offense to you billhilly. The things some say in support of the Jews seem to come right from some TV preacher. All the stuff is positive instead of looking at the behavior of the Jews in the Bible. Yes, they are God's chosen. I believe that. But the Jews have done great evil over the years including their crowning achievement in the evil arena, setting up, ratting out and illegally getting our Savior put to death. It was a Jew who killed all the male children in order to stop the coming of the Messiah. Jews were predominately the ones who goaded various governments into persecuting the early Christians. Earlier yet, look at the Jews who took up the various pagan religions and sacrificed their own children to satanic deities.

So while the Jews should be respected and given their due as God's chosen, I'm not sure that they should run our government and its policies unchecked.

Wasn�t that all part of the plan though? If the Jews had refused to play their part and hadn�t killed Jesus, that might have thrown a wrench in the deal no?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
http://mondoweiss.net/2013/09/forme...-israels-permanent-reality-conflict.html

Former AIPAC official warns against US �retreat� from Israel�s �permanent reality�� conflict

The author of the famous statement that the Israel lobby is a �night flower,� former AIPAC official Steven J. Rosen at Foreign Policy explains how painful it is for the lobby to have to come into the sunlight on the Syria question. But the risk of silence was too great, losing a precedent for American military action against Iran:

President Barack Obama�s decision to make Congress decide on the course of the Syrian intervention has put the pro-Israel camp just where it did not want to be: openly advocating American military involvement in the volatile Middle East. It�s a calculation based on the lesser of two evils, the greater being risking Washington�s withdrawal from leadership on global security just as Iran crosses the nuclear threshold. No one has a greater stake in a strong United States � and the credibility of America�s deterrent capability � than Israel and the Jewish people. Indeed, many of the arguments that motivate the president�s opponents on Syria could also apply in the event that a military strike on Iran�s nuclear facilities becomes necessary.

Rosen is rightly fearful that the American public will see this as a war for Israel:

Yet this is a debate about the American national interest, and most American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) supporters do not want it to degenerate into a debate about Israel. Most agree with former Israeli Ambassador Itamar Rabinovitch that, �It�s bad for Israel [if] the average American gets it into his or her mind that boys are again sent to war for Israel.�

Paralyzed by these fears, Israel�s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and AIPAC supporters in Washington remained nearly silent for weeks,� [T]hey remained quiet even after Obama indicated that he was preparing a military strike. They did not want to be drawn into a political melee in a deeply divided Congress, risking strains in the bipartisan support for Israel that forms the bedrock of the U.S.-Israel relationship.

And though I often think our views at this site are marginalized, note how our drumbeat about the neoconservative and lobby support for the Iraq war has helped define the US discourse among Democrats, per Rosen:

�Israel�s detractors never cease asserting that the Iraq War was fought on Israel�s behalf, and that belief has eroded support for Israel on the left wing of the Democratic Party.

Rosen seeks to explain the power of the lobby, without talking about the money that it gives.

As a White House official told the New York Times, AIPAC is �the 800-pound gorilla in the room� because it has close relations with and access to a vast array of members on both sides of the aisle and on all sides of the debate. Simply put, the president has staked a lot of political capital on the gambit to sway Congress on his Syria plan � and he needs AIPAC�s support�.[T]he main thing is the mobilization of AIPAC�s vast network of trusted �key contacts� to speak privately with members they know well.
Rosen is afraid of �isolationism� and �a wider U.S. retreat in the Middle East�. [that] would certainly undermine the campaign to prevent Iran from completing its nuclear weapons program.�

Apparently retreat is what most Americans want now. They don�t see any profit in our continuing engagement in unrest, one root of which is the lack of acceptance of Israel, an occupier.

Rosen is reduced to pro-Israel doctrine, it lives in a terrible neighborhood and doesn�t have security (Hey, who chose Palestine?):

Americans and Brits are far away, but Israel�s permanent reality is that it lives in that very bad neighborhood, faced with an existential crisis and a Syrian civil war in danger of spiraling out of control. That is why, while Americans are divided on the issue, an overwhelming majority of Israelis are hoping President Obama will prevail.

The permanent reality. So that means war after war after war. No wonder Americans are balking at this vision for the future.
----------------------------------------------

"the mobilization of AIPAC�s vast network of trusted �key contacts� to speak privately with members they know well."

Do us common gentiles have a 'vast network' who can 'speak privately with members they know well'??? This should wake up everybody on the Campfire that we've lost control of FedGov to a foreign lobbying front that puts Israel's interests ahead of America's with dead Americans (gentiles) to show as proof.

That damned [bleep] in the White House will plunge the northern hemisphere into WWIII if he isn't stopped, he needs to be impeached and removed from office immediately.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Syria... It's Really About Who THEY Are.

No. Just. [bleep]. NO.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Assad had just about won the war and the only way he could lose would be if we went in against him. For that reason I find it impossible to believe that he would be stupid enough to use gas against the rebels. It had to have been the other side or AL Qaeda who used them in order to trick us into winning the war for them. Only Tyrant Obama would be stupid enough to do that.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I don�t get it. If the Jews are so all powerful, sneaky, and malevolent, how do you guys get away with hating on them so publically? Seems like they�d be sending some ninja Jew assassins after ya.
Speaking only for myself, I always make it a point not to speak of "The Jews," as that assumes they're a monolithic group, which they aren't. They differ from one another like members of any other ethnic group. Do you think I consider Italians malevolent, etc., because I acknowledge the existence of the Cosa Nostra?

As for organized world Jewry, that's a different topic from "The Jews." Yeah, they don't mean America well, nor the American people, and they have a gigantic degree of influence, but likely don't care much about any individual on the Internet who most appear to be identifying as a nutjob.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Knock him on the head Leroy.... Don't like all that screaming..... grin

Please don't feed the trolls!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
okay,...somebody else save the world for a while,..

I'm going for a motorcycle ride.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe

God's chosen people followed their Messiah.

The reason some didn't is explained very bluntly in the book of John,..8:42-8:47.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+8%3A42-47&version=NIV

This.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Wasn�t that all part of the plan though? If the Jews had refused to play their part and hadn�t killed Jesus, that might have thrown a wrench in the deal no?
You are confusing something that was foreseen via God's omniscience with that which is desired by God. God knows what the devil will do as well, yet he doesn't desire evil to be done.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Looks like right now we have enough oil to last us awhile, why don't we just let em fight it out. Let em know as long as nobody [bleep] with Israel they can have all the civil war they want. We can check back in about ten years and see how they like being under the thumb of Russia or China. I'm betting it wont take to long to figure out it was better having the US around buying oil at inflated prices and trying to keep the wars at a low roar then to be at the mercy of a country like china who will be using "other methods" to get their oil at a price they like.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RMulhern
Let me ask you guys one question:

What takes place if Putin says...."If you strike Syria....you're striking Russia!"

Russia ain't 'done' yet!!

We can play hypothetical games all day long, but right now I find this one irrelevant because we have no business striking Syria to begin with.....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
First I have to tip my hat to you Bob. It takes a lot of gumption to take an unpopular stand as you have done. Plus you have tried to have a serious discussion about the morals and ethics of the issue while ignoring your own political bias. For that you ought to get a gold star if we actually had and of those things left around here.... the gold bugs have since stashed them in their bunkers. smile
========

Just saw this Will. Thanks.

My identified friends here disagree with me plenty,; as I do them. Friends get to do that. I don't take it personally one bit that they defy logic and common sense. Who the Hell wants to have sustained chatter with someone who agrees with them all the time, anyways.

This is not one bit political for me; it's simply my personal belief. Chemical gas warfare on cities, nations etc. has no place in the warfare inventory. It needs to be eradicated at it's source, regardless of who's in possession.

This is black and white for me. I certainly care when folks I respect disagree with me but it will never be a basis upon which I'd change those beliefs. I leave the door open with them though for convincing, alternative thoughts.

Folks with little credibility and geared to spew HS without thinking are only as strong and persuasive as my computer mouse permits them to be. I give some extra attention to retards like hock and his ilk only because it's fun and I still enjoy defying my parents as far as teasing retards is concerned.

All things said, taking out babies and other innocents with chemical gases will never be condoned by me, regardless of the dems or GOP in power at the time. Now, it's happening and being left unchecked...and it will continue.

As I've stated before and again thereafter...take them out,regardless of who possesses the cowardly weapons. My friends, and my antagonists here, are incapable of changing my position.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by RMulhern
Let me ask you guys one question:

What takes place if Putin says...."If you strike Syria....you're striking Russia!"

Russia ain't 'done' yet!!

We can play hypothetical games all day long, but right now I find this one irrelevant because we have no business striking Syria to begin with.....

You're in error, HAJ

.......Mulhern's 'Hypothetical' is DAMNED relevant.

No offense, but you're still a little to CLOSE to alla' this to see it in any clarity.

In case you miss my point,......

[bleep] the "Defense Industries", and the bozoid third grade level crap they feed their minions.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by isaac
First I have to tip my hat to you Bob. It takes a lot of gumption to take an unpopular stand as you have done. Plus you have tried to have a serious discussion about the morals and ethics of the issue while ignoring your own political bias. For that you ought to get a gold star if we actually had and of those things left around here.... the gold bugs have since stashed them in their bunkers. smile
========

Just saw this Will. Thanks.

My identified friends here disagree with me plenty,; as I do them. Friends get to do that. I don't take it personally one bit that they defy logic and common sense. Who the Hell wants to have sustained chatter with someone who agrees with them all the time, anyways.

This is not one bit political for me; it's simply my personal belief. Chemical gas warfare on cities, nations etc. has no place in the warfare inventory. It needs to be eradicated at it's source, regardless of who's in possession.

This is black and white for me. I certainly care when folks I respect disagree with me but it will never be a basis upon which I'd change those beliefs. I leave the door open with them though for convincing, alternative thoughts.

Folks with little credibility and geared to spew HS without thinking are only as strong and persuasive as my computer mouse permits them to be. I give some extra attention to retards like hock and his ilk only because it's fun and I still enjoy defying my parents as far as teasing retards is concerned.

All things said, taking out babies and other innocents with chemical gases will never be condoned by me, regardless of the dems or GOP in power at the time. Now, it's happening and being left unchecked...and it will continue.

As I've stated before and again thereafter...take them out,regardless of who possesses the cowardly weapons. My friends, and my antagonists here, are incapable of changing my position.

How enthusiastically are you encouraging your kids to join the military?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, you won Penquin over, but how hard is that? grin

All American

All the time
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
=========

What a simple minded extrapolation that is. How much are you encouraging your kids to be a sell outs and lazy-assed whiners for the rest of their lives?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Stan V

========

You're somewhat like that one crazy, drunk assed uncle at weddings.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stan V

========

You're somewhat like that one crazy, drunk assed uncle at weddings.

Am I like that?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
=========

What a simple minded extrapolation that is. How much are you encouraging your kids to be a sell outs and lazy-assed whiners for the rest of their lives?

Oh,..more insults.

I'll take that to mean that you and yours are only going to offer words of encouragement to those who will actually have to participate in the wars you monger.

Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

355 members (1lesfox, 17CalFan, 163bc, 1badf350, 160user, 06hunter59, 32 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,329
Posts18,526,586
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.