Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"Nyuk nyuk nyuk."

[Linked Image]

Well now that we have that mystery solved we can move on to other ones. Like how did Dutchhiller nail the Ohio win over Marshall (one of only three guys to do so)! Dutch hasn't checked in with his 5 for the week and I needed to get this up today so I'll allow him to defer till next week.

This was a wild wild week. From the TCU-TT head scratcher to the longhorn home stand implosion to the desert debacle in Tempe. They'll be some raw feelings over this one for a while now. While Mack Brown was driving another nail into the coffin housing his career at Texas Curly and the gang were introducing Wisconsin newcomer Gary Anderson to quality officiating... Pac-12 style. smile

Maybe we can get through this week without more of this stuff but don't count on it. Every time I look at a picksheet and think of how docile it looks I end up looking back on it wondering how I managed to not see a couple upsets. This one has the obligatory Penguin Upset Special on it. Not telling which one. All I can say is buckle up, after week #3 I think we can safely say that the party has officially started.

Good luck,
Will

Week #4 Games List:

1) Clemson at No Carolina St. - Thu
2) Boise St. at Fresno St. - Fri
3) West Virginia at Maryland
4) Kansas St. at Texas
5) Utah at BYU
6) Arizona St. at Stanford
7) Utah St. at USC
8) Tennessee at Florida
9) Auburn at LSU
10 Michigan St. at Notre Dame + total points tie breaker

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You just had to put the NC/Clemson game in the mix. Bet with my heart?

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As an OU fan, I'm well aware of Pac-12 "officials"...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The joke that is college football.

Let officials call inter conference games, who's employer stands to profit, if said team from their conference, is more successful.

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Good to see you posting,buddy.

You're the perfect man to explain that tie difference thing to me from our pool.

Hope all is well, man.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got to keep putting the Longhorns in there huh? There's a reason I quit doing this kind of stuff!! I can't pick against 'em, even knowing how bad they'll [bleep] the bed. eek

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
As an OU fan, I'm well aware of Pac-12 "officials"...

You didn't see this evidently-

Con Clu to the U Sive

Last edited by Cheesy; 09/16/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big C
Got to keep putting the Longhorns in there huh? There's a reason I quit doing this kind of stuff!! I can't pick against 'em, even knowing how bad they'll [bleep] the bed. eek

And I can't pick against K-State. We've beat UT the last 5 times we've played them, I hope we can make it 6, but I am running scared this year.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
dangit! Just Curly F me now! dangit!

Stooges are right. Freaking comedic officiating in darn near every game.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheesy
You didn't see this evidently-

Naw, hadn't seen that.... laugh

Week #4 Games List:

1) Clemson at No Carolina St.
2) Boise St. at Fresno St.
3) West Virginia at Maryland
4) Kansas St. at Texas
5) Utah at BYU
6) Arizona St. at Stanford
7) Utah St. at USC
8) Tennessee at Florida
9) Auburn at LSU
10 Michigan St. at Notre Dame

IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
what prompted you to take the smurfs over the fresca's?

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've picked Fresca before and been let down horribly. BS University didn't look too awful last Friday. Had to watch it. My aunt from Boise was in town....

But,..as usual, everything is subject to a last minute Panic change.!

Might take FS,..just don't know...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by isaac

You're the perfect man to explain that tie difference thing to me from our pool.

Hope all is well, man.

If you pick the tie breaker game correct, you get the "tie pick". The difference between your overall score and the actual overall score, is the tie difference. For the season standings the "tie difference" is cumulative.

So if the 1st 3 games had scores of 30-10, 40-10 and 10-7, and you picked 52, 55 and 20 you would have a cumulative tie difference of 20 points.... 12, 5 and 3 points added together.

[Linked Image]

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Which reminds me Will....was the Clemson weighted extra point ever added back in? Does not appear so when you look at week 1 standings.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by isaac

Hope all is well, man.

If you pick the tie breaker game correct, you get the "tie pick". The difference between your overall score and the actual overall score, is the tie difference. For the season standings the "tie difference" is cumulative.

So if the 1st 3 games had scores of 30-10, 40-10 and 10-7, and you picked 52, 55 and 20 you would have a cumulative tie difference of 20 points.... 12, 5 and 3 points added together.

Hey Fox,

Makes ya' wonder how he got through law school. lol. wink grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
byc,

You get no point and you should just be happy we let you play.

laffin. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm having hiccups on this Boise/Fresno game...

Thoughts..?

Will the revelation of [b][color:#3333FF]Pelini's comments[/color][/b] about fans expedite his firing at Nebraska..?

TDC Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Plug your ears and drink some water

TDC Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
The Neutered Dame / Mich St is also a tough one

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It would appear that my level of competence in picking the winners in college football games has at last evolved to the same level as my competence in life in general.

There is no way in hell that NCS should have a chance against Clemson, other than the fact that I don't believe that I have ever correctly picked a game involving either them or the team over in Charlotte.

Let's see, Boise got schooled by Washington, then ass-hammered some dude from Tennessee named Martin, while Fresno beat Rutgers in basketball and didn't beat some parrot named Cal by all that much.

It would appear that Maryland has managed to avoid any competition whatsoever, while W.V. stuck OU in between some couple who seem to be going steady and the worst team in FBS.

Kansas State has bounced back from its loss to an FCS team by handling two teams it should have handled, while Texas has gotten its excrement handed to it on a platter by two teams that their fans look down upon.

Utah seems to have potential, while I'm still trying to figure out BYU's loss to Virginia. (Maybe Texas really does suck that bad.)

It would seem like Arizona State will need more than official incompetence to beat Stanford.

I really like Utah State and dislike USC, so the outcome of this one should not be at all in doubt.

Does Florida have any offense? Does Tennessee have anything?

How soon can Auburn rebound from its bout with Chizikorrhea? Can Miles tell time?

Michigan State has been impressive against weak competition. ND has been unimpressive against better competition.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1234, 71 invisible), 2,592 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,823
Posts18,516,764
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.