Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Vanilla ice cream and root beer in those mugs, too.

Last edited by eyeball; 09/20/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still drive a 73' pick up ....I don't miss it! I miss normal people..the ones that don't say "oh well thats how it is, etc" f== change today and tomorrow!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
except for being 18 and buying 22lr, you can still have all those things, you just have to look a little harder and pay a little more.

This one gave me a good chuckle, since I had just got done talking to my Mom and she talked about how she bemoaned all the same things when she got to the forties and she remembers her Mom and Dad doing the same thing about her generation.
Guess it's a symptom of getting old.

And I had sex in a car at a drive-in last summer, thought is would be fun to relive youth a little bit. Stange but it wasn't that cool, which most of it never is. Hotel rooms are so much more comfortable and there is room service.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mtcurman
Buying bricks of .22 shells for under $15..

Ben, $1 gas for the pickup when I was your age.

That was nice.

18 pack of Bud Light was $9.99.

Last edited by SamOlson; 09/20/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
4 x 3 = 12

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by mtcurman
Buying bricks of .22 shells for under $15..

Ben, $1 gas for the pickup when I was your age.

That was nice.

18 pack of Bud Light was $9.99.

Hell Sam, it was $1.85 when Bush left office. Try 27 cents when America was America. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pack of smokes then were about the same as gas. 3 for a buck.

One could not afford NOT to smoke.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Being naive enough to think I'd be successful.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I miss not being available 24/7. The only way you could get me was if I was home when you called. Otherwise you just had to try later. Now everyone thinks you should be instantly available and gets pissed if you don't immediately respond to their call or text.

I make it a point to wait 24hrs before calling work back whenever they call me at home. If I'm not on the clock I aint answering work calls.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I miss not being available 24/7. The only way you could get me was if I was home when you called. Otherwise you just had to try later. Now everyone thinks you should be instantly available and gets pissed if you don't immediately respond to their call or text.

I make it a point to wait 24hrs before calling work back whenever they call me at home. If I'm not on the clock I aint answering work calls.

I feel the same way. So I turn it off frequently. Actually have a message saying my phone is off cuz I'm busy, be patient and I'll call back.

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Marbles

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Horny toads.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Mule deer in the mountains of New Mexico, those living in towns like Ruidoso not withstanding.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Frogs,
Rare to hear a bull frog when you used to hear hundreds.
Have not seen a leopard frog in several decades here in SW Idaho, when as a kid they were very common.
Where did all the jack rabbits go?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball
Marbles

Lost yours, have you? grin

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's cos they're all right here in my pond laying a gazillion eggs and having a gazillion little chirping Kermit's.

Come and get 'em or I'm gonna' start carting 'em off to restaurants.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sage Grouse.

The big males we called "Bombers" cuz they took off and flew like a B-52.

Used to be a limit of 3-5 per day in Nevada and Wyoming and NW Colorado. Used to be you could work circles around a dirt tank out in the sage country and find many of 'em. Used to be you would see plenty just driving and had to avoid hitting them. But decades of drought has 'em on the endangered species list, or very close to it, I believe.

Back in the day......never thought I would see this day.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
40 flush Ruffed Grouse days in Pa.

Same with 10 to 20 plus flush days on wild native born Pheasants.

The legs to hunt all day and the next, and the next, and the next and on and on.

The ability to eat and eat and eat and not gain weight.

Some family characters no longer here.

Some old friends still here who have lost the joy of just being out there and having fun and today have to weigh the +/- of everything.

Song birds or most any small bird in Pa. They are getting fewer and fewer.

Lightening bugs around here. Used to be amazed at the numbers on certain nights. Used to jog down one back road at night and they were everywhere almost lighting the way.

Honey bees.

Last edited by battue; 09/21/13.

laissez les bons temps rouler
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
The brains not to get rid of a Winchester M 70 .375 H&H Stainless Steel rifle.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
a barber shop that you could walk into and sit down and read field and stream, get a proper high and tight flattop and not be asked if you want a shampoo. you could watch a football game on tv, listen to music you could at least tolerate and not have some old broad sitting in a friggen chair beside you with all kinds of sheeit in her hair trying to make her look good, which it doesn't. oh and not been made to feel like you had to tip the person who cut your hair. when the [bleep] did that sheeit start anyway?

and btw, i have had my hair cut almost exclusively by gay men and women for at least a decade. wtf happened to guys like Floyd?

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

285 members (303savage, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 270cowboy, 32 invisible), 1,256 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,518
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.