Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by Steelhead
So Mary M. is sacred now? Did I type'Jesus pumped her cunny twice' (I needed to type that because once again you are too stupid to understand much}.

I fully understood what you MEANT.
I can read between the lines.

You can READ between the lines? You can comprehend the lines, period, much less read between them.

Good to know you are omnipotent, I'm pretty sure Christ would found your above to be blasphemy too, but you'll never understand what a miserable Christian you are.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's the little things I've picked up that first started making me think there was something to it all.

In particular, how some people behaved,..how realistic was their responses to certain things.

Pretty much everyone knows about the blind beggar that the Messiah made see.

His response to the Pharisees makes me give out a good laugh.

First, they called the man before them and questioned him.

Then they called his old parents before them and scared them to death by questioning them.

Then they called the formerly blind beggar back a second time.

By now,..he's getting put out with the whole thing.

After all,...he's already been subjected to living life as a blind beggar,..he's spent his life on absolute rock bottom,..so he wasn't particularly intimidated by what the Pharisees said or did.

So the second time they called him to account, he gets in their faces.

4 A second time they summoned the man who had been blind. �Give glory to God by telling the truth,� they said. �We know this man is a sinner.�

25 He replied, �Whether he is a sinner or not, I don�t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!�

26 Then they asked him, �What did he do to you? How did he open your eyes?�

27 He answered, �I have told you already and you did not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you want to become his disciples too?�

28 Then they hurled insults at him and said, �You are this fellow�s disciple! We are disciples of Moses! 29 We know that God spoke to Moses, but as for this fellow, we don�t even know where he comes from.�

30 The man answered, �Now that is remarkable! You don�t know where he comes from, yet he opened my eyes. 31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will. 32 Nobody has ever heard of opening the eyes of a man born blind. 33 If this man were not from God, he could do nothing.�

lol,...that's pretty real. He had had enough of their nonsense.

"Why'd you call me back in here again? Ive already TOLD you!',...You want to be his Disciple too?"

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
fwiw, I don't care if the intent was a slap at Jesus, Christians, or man caves.

Not sure why anyone is getting a ragged ass over anything Scott says on the matter.

Frankly, if the OP wants to take pokes at Christians and Jesus for whatever reason, I reflect back that Paul was actually killing them before his revelation.

Y'all are still breathing, although some close to hyperventilation.

As far as the "right on cue" bickering between brothers, let's all take time to revisit Galatians, and the gist of the conflict there.

Pay special attention to Chapter 3, here's the Contemporary English Version:

3 You stupid Galatians! I told you exactly how Jesus Christ was nailed to a cross. Has someone now put an evil spell on you? 2 I want to know only one thing. How were you given God�s Spirit? Was it by obeying the Law of Moses or by hearing about Christ and having faith in him? 3 How can you be so stupid? Do you think that by yourself you can complete what God�s Spirit started in you? 4 Have you gone through all of this for nothing? Is it all really for nothing? 5 God gives you his Spirit and works miracles in you. But does he do this because you obey the Law of Moses or because you have heard about Christ and have faith in him?

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Which ones are the greater sins Tommy? Why do you champion some and foster others? I know the reason, because you are a miserable Christian but like to pretend to be one.

I'm fairly certain you'll have a front row sit in hell Tommy, but don't worry, I'm praying for your wretched soul daily and twice on Sunday.

I doubt you pray for anything but your own elevation.

I pray daily for you also. It is ones duty to pray for the damned. I pray your family eventually has someone worthy of being called father.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Sin is sin regardless...one is just as bad as the other.
As a matter of fact there is only ONE sin and that is unbelief...all others are attributes of sin or unbelief.
I have to die out to myself on a daily basis...never said I was a perfect Christian.
Thank you for your prayers, though I doubt they get heard.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Prayers sent again. It's a shame to know so many families are being lead astray by so many wretched souls. It's easy to see how the devil has taken hold. Let the devil go Tom, you can be saved. Do it for your family man.

Praise Jesus

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM

1 John 4:20If anyone says, �I love God,� and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

James 1:26 If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye

Matthew 6:1
�Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 15:7-9
You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said: ��This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.�

Luke 16:15
And he said to them, �You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

My personal favorite:
Romans 2:3
Do you suppose, O man�you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself�that you will escape the judgment of God?

Easy to read, harder to live...

Thanks for the post. It's good to be reminded of the essence of Christianity, rather than the essence of some Christians.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sycamore

1 John 4:20If anyone says, �I love God,� and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

James 1:26 If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye

�Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said: ��This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.�

And he said to them, �You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

My personal favorite:
Do you suppose, O man�you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself�that you will escape the judgment of God?

Thanks for the post. It's good to be reminded of the essence of Christianity, rather than the essence of some Christians.

Sycamore

As a Christian, I am convicted by reading that. Don't confuse righteous indignation with evil with arrogance in position.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Which ones are the greater sins Tommy? Why do you champion some and foster others? I know the reason, because you are a miserable Christian but like to pretend to be one.

I'm fairly certain you'll have a front row sit in hell Tommy, but don't worry, I'm praying for your wretched soul daily and twice on Sunday.

I doubt you pray for anything but your own elevation.

I pray daily for you also. It is ones duty to pray for the damned. I pray your family eventually has someone worthy of being called father.

Ha. You kill me. You can do better. Come again...

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Any of this sound familiar Tommy? You admire people for standing for the beliefs, so long as their beliefs are yours. If that ain't typical 'liberal' speak, I don't know what is.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Be aware that Ogden is strongly Mormon. If that's ok with you, fine. If not, you need to look closely at Mormon school boards, government, and about everything else.

Originally Posted by dennisinaz
It's just that you constantly trip over yourself to say derogatory things about mormons yet you live in Idaho, one of the states with a high mormon population. Give it a rest.
Geez Dennis you sure are stupid!!!

I dont see where he said anything derogatory.....

Originally Posted by dogzapper

Yup, I totally believe.

Those who do not believe would find the Museo del Purgatorio in the Church of the Sacred Heart of Suffrage in Rome to be quite interesting.

Purgatory exists. Count on it.

God Bless All,

Steve

Purgatory is NOT mentioned in the Bible therefore does NOT exist!!!

It is a made up load of crap invented by the catholic church.

You make your decision here on earth.....when you die you either go to heaven or hell...quite simple.

Don't even get me started on the praying to Mary crap!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's some good stuff, Bristoe. Ain't it funny how so many posters on here want to hash to death the "deep, dark, mysteries" but rush right on past the parts of the scriptures that are plainly written?

That part about not having the "Love of God in you" if you hold onto a second coat while your "brother" has none is a real deal-killer for me.

But I'm glad He said "coats" instead of "guns".

Me and Him both know me real well. The rest of you are just guessing.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't know I had "elevated" Steelhead.
Thanks for the heads up.

Ever notice how self righteous the "righteous" are?

Have Dog

Will Travel

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I thought the thread was about Sweet Baby Jesus.

now, the whole thingy has devolved into talking about each other.

I wonder if the sadducees, pharisees, Essenes, Gnostics, and Jesus's crowd talked about each other in a similar manner?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Amazing that some feel compelled to belittle the religious beliefs of others.

Like a good Christian, I confine my religious belittling to radical Muslims who want to destroy our country, not the people who actually built it.

But that's just the way I roll.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agreed.
How does one attain the "good" status?
I would also be interested in the "better" step...above just "good".
Thanks in advance.

Have Dog

Will Travel

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Amazing that some feel compelled to belittle the religious beliefs of others.

Like a good Christian, I confine my religious belittling to radical Muslims who want to destroy our country, not the people who actually built it.

But that's just the way I roll.

Don't you know they are no worse than Christians? crazy

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There is a little irony in my post. May want to take another look.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you John.
I will do so.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore

My personal favorite:

Sycamore

As a Christian, I am convicted by reading that. Don't confuse righteous indignation with evil with arrogance in position.

Said the pharisee's....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe not but this was......

She knows all about the second coming...

Huh!?

Please give us your definition of blasphemy....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (007FJ, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 160user, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 52 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,159
Posts18,523,475
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.