Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 21 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 20 21
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
And to follow it back. God allows Satan. Nice type of omnipotence He's got there...

Mysterious ways, indeed.
Follow it back and you'll find no beginning. Follow it forward, you'll find no end. Satan is allowed to suit God's purpose, as are we all. No mystery there.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jesus has prepared a most excellent mancave for his children.

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Been away a couple of days. Nice thread.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 1h37s
He had no man cave.

Matthew 8:20
Jesus replied, �Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.�

Do owners of man caves lay their heads in said cave?

Or are their heads laid on the lacy pillows provided by their wives?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ivan
Jesus has prepared a most excellent mancave for his children.

Is that not a children cave?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Satan himself could quote scripture, of ANY faith, to serve his own purpose...

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good reason to read more than one verse, eh?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Good reason to trust only Jesus's writings and the true communication of God through the Holy Spirit.

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by krp
Good reason to trust only Jesus's writings and the true communication of God through the Holy Spirit.

Kent

Which chapter did Jesus write? I must have missed that one.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm still trying figure out how God has offended some of our members so severely, that they feel compelled to start pushing an anti Christian agenda.
One thing stands out though, deliberately insulting another fellow's basic religious beliefs, is just not friendly. Nor is it necessary.

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I'm still trying figure out how God has offended some of our members so severely, that they feel compelled to start pushing an anti Christian agenda.
One thing stands out though, deliberately insulting another fellow's basic religious beliefs, is just not friendly. Nor is it necessary.

Lots of unfriendly people with big mouths. Gets old.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Fear.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I wonder why these trolls are responded to at all...it's always the same chit stirrers.

Combine chit stirrer with a bad attitude and low self esteem and this is what you get.

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
And to follow it back. God allows Satan. Nice type of omnipotence He's got there...

Mysterious ways, indeed.
Follow it back and you'll find no beginning. Follow it forward, you'll find no end. Satan is allowed to suit God's purpose, as are we all. No mystery there.

Therefore evil is allowed because it's God's will. Why?
Well from what I've been told it's because so the we might have free will?

So, having a child die a long lingering death of say, bone cancer in a third world hovel, is to allow her parents to chose and express their love of God.

Yeah, color me skeptical. If God does exist, and I'm in no way certain either way, I serious doubt he GAS. More like, "Here you go. I set you up and now it's up to you. I'm off to work on other [bleep]".

BTW I asked a question a while back about heaven. Apparently no evil in heaven. Is there free will there? Puzzling. If it's a dilemma that is beyond the scope of my mortal mind, then why not have that here and now. Again may be I don't have enough wrinkles in my cortex to sort it all out.

You know, I don't care what anyone believes if it helps to get them though this life and they are not hurting others.

Pretty good rule and I'm not above breaking it occasionally. But it helps ME get through this life. I'll listen to your rules as long as you don't condemn me for not keeping them.

You guys have good time this weekend. Deer season is full on. Got out last weekend but no bucks. Got a doe tag that's good in a couple weeks.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

It's clearly stated in the book of revelations.......
There are some who will and some who won't, and that is just how life and death will be.....

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MattMan
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Which chapter did Jesus write? I must have missed that one.

it is good this thread is making it's way back to jesus, and folks aren't attacking each other for differences in beliefs.

earlier it was asked if Jesus had a favorite cut of pork. no one seemed to know.

I don't know if jesus could read or write or not? I've not seen anything he's written. I think he operated in the Oral Tradition?

he learned the Oral Tradition during the Lost Years? maybe he studied under Holy Men from India and Holy Men from Egypt then returned to his Birth place?

anyways, it's good to see Jesus again on the front burner, while we get away from excoriating members who have a different perspective.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus

I don't know if jesus could read or write or not? I've not seen anything he's written. I think he operated in the Oral Tradition?

he learned the Oral Tradition during the Lost Years? maybe he studied under Holy Men from India and Holy Men from Egypt then returned to his Birth place?

anyways, it's good to see Jesus again on the front burner, while we get away from excoriating members who have a different perspective.

I have read that in other sources as well, but since everyone has their own opinion it's up in the air as to whether or not that's true. I just found it interesting that you had mentioned it.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Are you referring to me or was that simply a "Quick Reply"?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Once a year, Mannlicher says something I can agree with.

+1

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I just heard this last night but I really like it.
With that I give you Tecumseh

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion;respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Page 16 of 21 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 160user, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,780 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,128
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.