Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
anyone use these? buddy of mine bought one recently and really likes it. a little pricey but seems like a great climber

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
KD- a month ago, you were set on buying a couple of Summits. What happened?

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
this guy had a summit and said he prefers this one. that i should check it out. im not decided against the summit tho. but the treewalker is a few lbs lighter and according to him doesnt rattle as much while packing it in. also has a removable front bar i believe

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
All day comfort get the summit. Quiet setup and stealthily approach get the lone wolf hand climber. Or just get one of each

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have a Treewalker, bought it about three years ago. This should be my fourth season with it.

I wouldn't trade it for three Summits. (and I've had two) It is a great stand; very easy to climb with and very quiet, really bites into the tree, lots of room, great to bow hunt out of and gun hunting is even better. Easy as pie to spend all day in and I have. 11+ hours without coming down........

Great guys to deal with also.

Last edited by Lawdwaz; 09/12/13.
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Looks like a good stand. I'd check weights between the two, not much difference between the two brands if I remember my weights correctly.

How easy are the pins and straps to adjust?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by AH64guy
Looks like a good stand. I'd check weights between the two, not much difference between the two brands if I remember my weights correctly.

How easy are the pins and straps to adjust?

Piece of cake. The end of the cable inside the tube is yellow and easily seen even in low light, the pin slides in an locks things up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had never heard of treewalker, but I like what I see! Love the open front of my Summit for bow season, but could like a front bar during other times of the year. Might have to track one of these down to see in person.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
i think on the tw u can remove the front bar.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by killindeer
i think on the tw u can remove the front bar.
Correct, the ProMag XL and XLT have the removable front bar. Below is a link to the comparison chart of their different models.

http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/compare.asp

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
i just missed a sale in my local craigslist on a treewalker. was loaded. wish ida looked sooner

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I probably should have got the removable bar but shooting out of mine with my Bowtech Guardian is no problem.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AH64guy
KD- a month ago, you were set on buying a couple of Summits. What happened?

Ive noticed that as well and not just with the tree stands. You have a ton of new equipment already. Better slow down and get familiar with what you have. Pick something of a known quantity and use it for a season. Then next year pick something new to try. Crunch time with a big buck in front of you isnt the time to realize you overlooked some small detail while trying to learn all your new equipment.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I'm going into the 4th year with the pro mag. This is the most solidly built and stable stand I've ever owned. The only issue I've seen is that it will sap a pine up pretty good, if you climb it a few times...but it will not slip. I've climbed several types of oaks and a few hickorys and it won't budge.

+ It's completely made in USA (Tennessee).

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Summits are noisy as hell. They seem great - until you find something better and then you realize how crappy they are. Don't get me wrong, they sit really comfortable but they are noisy in and out of the woods without a real good way to strapy them together. Setting the stand up is noisy as the cable makes a lot of racket inside the aluminum tubes.

Check out the Equalizer treestand. It is made by Buckshot now. I have one and would not trade it for three summits. It is light, quiet, packable and the best part is you can level your stand as you go up the tree - no more guessing as to the correct angle in hopes that you have guessed correctly once you get to your desired spot on the tree.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
By the way, though I just wrote about the Equalizer I have heard nothing but good things about the Treewalker.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
You will love the tree walker. Lots of adjustment in tree size it will fit, stable, and will not slip on the tree since it has spikes and not blades. Requires no straps to put it together to carry in and out. Uses a compression fit so the bottom sits inside the top. Very quiet to set up and take down. If you buy one you need to buy the bow holder and the gun holder as they work great and I couldn't see not having them. I am actually a very close friend of the owner and his sons. Grew up hunting with them and still hunt with one of the sons regularly, my best friend for over 20 years. They make a quality product, and it is made 100% in USA in East Tennessee . There are a lot of good stands out there, but very few American made. I am not ptp, nor do I work for them. I am a new member who just ran across this post, and decided to tell you that you could buy that stand in confidence. I have and still own other brands of climbers. This is just my favorite stand.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
thanks for the replies...i found a deal i couldnt pass up on a new summit viper SD limited....i will likely end up getting a treewalker in the future but the summit will do for now its a good one just having trouble packing it right

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've used a bunch (and all of the popular brands) of tree stands in the past thirty years, but Treewalker is significantly the most stable, most comfortable, quietest, easiest to adjust climber I've ever used. If there is something better more readily available I'd like to see it. I've never had a hunting partner borrow one and not say similar things.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

206 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 25 invisible), 2,199 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,879
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.