Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
logger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I'm interested in pursuing the purchase of a suppressor (silencer)via the trust route. I've been unsuccessful in finding an example of such a trust and the attorneys around here don't have a clue. If anyone has an example of trust that they could email to me I would appreciate a PM.

Thanks

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It sounds like Obama just signed an Executive Order pretty much doing away with the trust "loophole". Not sure how it will all work out in the end yet though.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by logger
I'm interested in pursuing the purchase of a suppressor (silencer)via the trust route. I've been unsuccessful in finding an example of such a trust and the attorneys around here don't have a clue. If anyone has an example of trust that they could email to me I would appreciate a PM.

Thanks

Here, try this: w-w-w dot g-o-o-g-l-e dot c-o-m

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Better living through chemistry!
L
logger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Tried that, found a lot of mentions of trusts but never could find a copy of a trust form.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
There was a pretty good thread on this subject a few months back. Have you tried the search here?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Try "Quicken" they have software that has trusts. I believe it is sufficient to use for suppressors. Be aware that if you make a mistake it is a felony and the BATFE is not interested in excuses or apologies! A lawyer who has experience in trusts would be an worthwhile investment if you do not know what you are doing? You can also contact a Class III dealer and see if the have any information that may help you in your quest for a "trust".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheKuskokid

Here, try this: w-w-w dot g-o-o-g-l-e dot c-o-m

If you want to google everything, what's the point of even coming to a page like this? Ass.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your NFA dealer should have everything you need. If he doesn't, find another one.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

68W Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
http://www.stecklaw.com/

Not in Oregon so he may not be able to do it for you but he can probably find a colleague or at least point you in the right direction with basic information. I served in Iraq with this guy, he's a good man. I know he's done a trust for a close friend that went to the desert with us.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by reelman
It sounds like Obama just signed an Executive Order pretty much doing away with the trust "loophole". Not sure how it will all work out in the end yet though.

and I just spent some money to do one for the family... and the [bleep], someone ought to.......

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by reelman

and I just spent some money to do one for the family... and the [bleep], someone ought to.......

90-day comment period though. Might slip through.

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Better living through chemistry!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wish I could sue that [bleep] for what he costs me at times.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by logger
Tried that, found a lot of mentions of trusts but never could find a copy of a trust form.

You won't find a cookie cutter standardized form/approach to forming a trust of this nature.

There are too many issues.

Obama may blather all he wants, but trusts can still own firearms.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'd talk to your sheriff and see if he'll sign off on a silencer before going the trust route. I could've went under my corporation but it was so simple getting the sheriff to sign off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
when i finally go through the hoops to get a suppressor i want to go the trust route for the simple fact i can name my wife and brother and anyone else i want as members then they can also legally use it without me being present....my sheriff would sign off on me getting one so that end isnt a worry....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I can understand that but just wanted to say that while some won't sign off on machine guns, supressors can be a different story. It never hurts to ask and I know a few who are still waiting to get their trust' done, I would suggest getting on with it before they do eliminate the trust route or go up on the tax which has never been increased.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
How old do your kids have to be to take a suppressor by themselves?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Our sheriff will not only sign the paperwork, he'll have is secretary mail it for you! How's that for "protect and serve"?? cool

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR
How old do your kids have to be to take a suppressor by themselves?

I think legal ownership age is 21. Don't know how that translates to possession though.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 57 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,306
Posts18,487,165
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.