Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by logger
I'm interested in pursuing the purchase of a suppressor (silencer)via the trust route. I've been unsuccessful in finding an example of such a trust and the attorneys around here don't have a clue. If anyone has an example of trust that they could email to me I would appreciate a PM.

Thanks

I know two people who've used Quicken for living trusts, successfully. http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...-Quicken-Willmaker-to-purchase-NFA-items

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TWR
I can understand that but just wanted to say that while some won't sign off on machine guns, supressors can be a different story. It never hurts to ask and I know a few who are still waiting to get their trust' done, I would suggest getting on with it before they do eliminate the trust route or go up on the tax which has never been increased.

Local one to a a friend will sign full auto but refuses to sign for suppressors. Go figure.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sherriff?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rattler
when i finally go through the hoops to get a suppressor i want to go the trust route for the simple fact i can name my wife and brother and anyone else i want as members then they can also legally use it without me being present....my sheriff would sign off on me getting one so that end isnt a worry....

If you go the trust route, you do not need a sheriff to sign off.
A good NFA dealer will take care of the trust paperwork for you.
Yes, I have more than one suppressor that is on a trust.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i know that, was just pointing out that my sheriff isnt a reason i would go that way.....its cause both my wife and my brother would be using them alot aswell so easier to do it this way and stay legal if we arent all together....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just paid an attorney to write one for me. It is more complicated than just a standard trust and I would expect to pay for it. If you get one for nothing, you will have a trust worth exactly what you paid for it. An NFA dealer is not an attorney. If he has some type of trust documents, he either got them for free off the internet (see above comments) or he paid an attorney to draft them, which means he's not giving them to you for free.

Felonies are nothing to screw with. NFA felonies are exactly what Obama wants. Please be careful and consult an attorney that knows something about NFA trusts. They ARE NOT the same as regular trusts. PM me for the name and contact information of the attorney I used. (He's a hunter, shooter and all around gun nut)

Fast Ed

Define your manhood not by success, but by significance.
NRA Benefactor
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Damn shame they are changing the laws after I dropped almost 500 bucks on a trust.

But I'm putting more than NFA on the trust. Figuring possible loophole in the future, if a trust owns deer rifles, it may not be illegal as an individual owning them at least for a while.

When they come for the deer rifles.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
What deer rifles?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
ha. Yours were stolen too?

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Boat accident.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know a sheriff who also uses a trust :-)

Obama aside it's the way to go.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Call your Congressman and complain about the "decree" also

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only thing Obama did, so far, was introduce an idea for public comment. My attorney tells me that this proposal would screw up ALL trusts and not just the NFA trusts. He doesn't think it will go anywhere because all the rich and powerful have trusts and don't care if the peons like us put our silencers in them. This is just lip service from the liar-in-chief and my attorney's opinion is that it is already a dead issue. YMMV

Fast Ed

Define your manhood not by success, but by significance.
NRA Benefactor
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rost495
Damn shame they are changing the laws after I dropped almost 500 bucks on a trust.

But I'm putting more than NFA on the trust. Figuring possible loophole in the future, if a trust owns deer rifles, it may not be illegal as an individual owning them at least for a while.

When they come for the deer rifles.

No law has been changed. It's all bullschit.

Speak to any attorney or Class III dealer worth a damn and they will tell you to move forward.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yep, thanks for the input, just did, and thats what they say. Say in TX even if it changes, the governor is going to appoint someone that upsurps the LEO stuff and signs all requests. in case your local LEO is a dick.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Fast Ed, you need a new attorney.

Deflave, you actually think a Class III dealer is going to tell you not to move forward and buy something? LMAO

Yes there is a rule change that will take affect in December, anyone that tells you differently is an idiot.

Now, how your state and/or local Sheriff's handle that change may be different, but there will be a change. You will no longer be able to send in a form 4 using a trust without some type of additional background check and state/local countersign.

The only real question is whether BATFE will try to say all form 4's in the mill will be subject to the new rules when they are approved or whether they will start with applications dated/received after the rule change.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Fast Ed, you need a new attorney.

Deflave, you actually think a Class III dealer is going to tell you not to move forward and buy something? LMAO

Yes there is a rule change that will take affect in December, anyone that tells you differently is an idiot.

Now, how your state and/or local Sheriff's handle that change may be different, but there will be a change. You will no longer be able to send in a form 4 using a trust without some type of additional background check and state/local countersign.

The only real question is whether BATFE will try to say all form 4's in the mill will be subject to the new rules when they are approved or whether they will start with applications dated/received after the rule change.

Ok. Show us.

Travis

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[bleep]....

Travis

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well, i have paid in full and will transmit all documents to the dealer this Monday, and we will see what happens.

The back ground checks are not that big of a deal, but where one of my trustees lives, the CLEO wont' sign suppressors. Will for Class 3 though... go figure.

The other trustee is USMC... that can be a pain in the azz....

This government should do what Travis proclaims regularly.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1234, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,553
Posts18,473,018
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.