Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
Is this Ricky Bobby's brother?
""" "I see Terry. He's having a chicken sandwich"" lol ....great show lol!!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I don't know why I'd PAY someone else to make me a sandwich when I've got a wife. Free sandwiches are why I got married.
u got a cell with a window ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gourmet Sandwiches<<<<>>>> WHITE CASTLE btw.....always there... after the big OR little night....tasty the last this week or next! what's not to like?????????

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
Originally Posted by Salmonella
If JJ sammiches were here where I live a I'd buy them when ever I could as I would like to support a fellow avid big game hunter rather than some unknown or a treehugging enemy.

Jimmy John Liataud the owner is a big boy but he hunts his ass off and supports most of my ideals in life, more power to him!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Howdy Salmonella,

Any idea where JJ's muley in that last photo is from? Haven't seen that one.........and it's a ABSOLUTE TOAD!!

Jicarilla Rez.

This one he killed in Oregon.

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sandwiches aren't bad, but he buys land in Illinois like Ted Turner out west. Maybe sour grapes, but one man can only hunt so much land. He bought 60 million dollars in land last year to lower his tax bill. And, yes, he is very large and a smoker. A massive MI just waiting to happen.

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Nothing special. No better or worse than subway.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Subway sucks ass....their meat is pasty, their game is tired. Red Dot Indians run most of them here. That makes them more disgusting by default in my book. I have completely written them off.

Jimmy Johns is good

Jersey Mike's I edge slightly over JJ. Jersey Mikes knows how to make sweet tea. Ya know, with 15 pounds of sugar like it should be.

I would go to JM's just to drink tea. laugh

I hate going to places that only have Un-sweetened tea. Makes me wanna punch someone in the face when I'm there.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love walking into a JJ's and asking "Can I have your big pickle?"

Never gets old.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Go marry his daughter!!!! laffin....

"Hunting, fishing, roping, working, sleeping, eating. Not always in that order."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johnw
JJs `gargantuan` qualifies IMO...

Tell them [bleep] you want the Chuck Norris. The Gargantuan with Bacon and pickled peppers.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jersey Mike's way better but they are better than Subway

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I'm going to have to give JJ's a second chance, wasn't impressed the first time. Or maybe I shouldn't seek to be impressed by eating low quality lunch meat on bread? They would fill the role of fast and easy when passing through, same as a Subway or several others. Quiznos is better (marginally) IMHO, but they never seem to stay in business around here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
try Lenny's if you have one around.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I guess I'm going to have to give JJ's a second chance, wasn't impressed the first time. Or maybe I shouldn't seek to be impressed by eating low quality lunch meat on bread? They would fill the role of fast and easy when passing through, same as a Subway or several others. Quiznos is better (marginally) IMHO, but they never seem to stay in business around here.

JJs bread and meat seems better and sandwiches are quicker than Subway. Much less choice at JJ, the staff seems a little sharper (better paid?) Around here. Subway is a good idea, the food doesn't seem as fresh, and the workers are like McDonalds w/out as nice of uniforms. I am not trying to be [bleep] about it, just an observation.

I'm glad I don't work there (McD), and I salute those folks for getting up in the morning and going to a job.

Around here, JJ is about like a Quizno. Better was Schlotztky, but they are gone around here.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Cheesy

JJs bread and meat seems better and sandwiches are quicker than Subway. Much less choice at JJ, the staff seems a little sharper (better paid?) Around here. Subway is a good idea, the food doesn't seem as fresh, and the workers are like McDonalds w/out as nice of uniforms. I am not trying to be [bleep] about it, just an observation.

I'm glad I don't work there (McD), and I salute those folks for getting up in the morning and going to a job.

Around here, JJ is about like a Quizno. Better was Schlotztky, but they are gone around here.

Sycamore

I remember Schlotsky's when I lived in Grand Junction 15 years ago. Never tried 'em, although I should have. Never knew what happened to 'em. Other present chain sammich shops to compare JJ's to are MAYBE Blimpies and Port of Subs.....which may very well be only western oriented businesses.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bishops Grill in St George, for breakfast, big homemade biscuits with homemade raspberry jam. Coffee sucks, but its UT, Ham and Eggs and biscuits, good cinnamon rolls.

Sometimes Sportsmans Warehouse has powder for sale, and closer toward the Temple, Dixie Gun and Fish has a lot of reloading stuff, and good prices on primers when I was there last.

I might give you a report next month.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I wonder if people who live in parts of the country where the norm is chain sandwich shops have ever experienced a real sub or hero or po'boy or whatever they're called locally, in a place where people know, appreciate, and demand good food? I tried Port of Subs in SG. What a joke! Soft mushy bread. Tried Bishops. A good old time type grill, founded in 1942, serves decent comfort food, but I sure didn't see much in the way of sandwiches on the menu.

I lived in New Orleans for a couple of years and got spoiled by po' boys and muffalettas, made on bread baked the same day. Same with Italian heros on the east coast, and real Philly cheese steaks.

If you haven't had that kind of sandwich you've missed a great food experience. Chain store sandwiches aren't even in the same league.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Paul39
I lived in New Orleans for a couple of years and got spoiled by po' boys and muffalettas, made on bread baked the same day. Paul

Love me some muffaletta!

The problem is that most places treat the bread as an afterthought. Hence, the sangwich gets ruined.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Right. As I mentioned in an earlier post, restaurant owners not in larger cities have a tough time finding decent bread.

Sycamore and others in the area, if you want a good fast meal in St. George, try Apollo Burger on the east side. It's not really a sub shop, more about burgers and related stuff. I've met Jimmy, the owner, and he's a real pro at the business. It's a small family owned chain of about a dozen stores out of SLC. Greeks, with a few Greek items along with the burgers and such. Good fresh food made and served by staff that's on the ball.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
No longer in business but the old Lum's restaurant chain used to make a pretty good Reuben sandwich in my opinion. Back in the day I really enjoyed one of their Reuben's on Rye bread washed down with a frosted mug or two of their on tap Ballantine Ale.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,567
Posts18,491,832
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.