-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You think they're an "evil" because of jealousy and your perception of "fairness"

Let the wealthy dude shoot a monster and fund our big game numbers. I couldn't care less as long as it works for us with more animals which in turn leads to more available tags.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
If they do not allocate more and more tags towards auction/special drawings I am fine with the NM auction tags, as long as ALL money is spent on improving the herds. My problem is if you look at most states the number of tags keeps increasing. ( think Hunt' Expo)

If you really want to raise money, put a cash value on LO authorizations with that tax/fee going to GF.

Last edited by SLM; 11/21/13.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Check the number of tags Utah allocates to the Hunt Expo ran by SFW. What a [bleep] joke and talk about a slippery slope! Those bastards can't even begin to give an accounting of where the funds go!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
You think they're an "evil" because of jealousy and your perception of "fairness"

Let the wealthy dude shoot a monster and fund our big game numbers. I couldn't care less as long as it works for us with more animals which in turn leads to more available tags.

That's a short yet comfy road back to being serfs, I suppose?

I'd like to see the financials, public land acquisition plan, and flowchart, that leads to more game and more tags...

From what I've seen materialize, it leads to the big check boys getting to legally poach, whilst the serfs get to hope for a lucky ticket to join the club exactly once, or hunt the scraps during the seasons established by decades of sound game management...

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MattMan

That's a short yet comfy road back to being serfs, I suppose?

I'd like to see the financials, public land acquisition plan, and flowchart, that leads to more game and more tags...

From what I've seen materialize, it leads to the big check boys getting to legally poach, whilst the serfs get to hope for a lucky ticket to join the club exactly once, or hunt the scraps during the seasons established by decades of sound game management...

Legally poach? If it's legal it's not poaching. It might not be fair chase and it might not be "ethical" but if you want to make an argument against these tags at least make sense.

Last edited by huntsonora; 11/21/13.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Legally poach? If it's legal it's not poaching. It might not be fair chase and it might not be "ethical" but if you want to make an argument against these tags at least make sense.

It was a loose analogy to being granted permission to hunt 365 days a year regardless of established seasons... which is what poachers do. If you can't make that simple mental connection, I'm sorry.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MattMan
Originally Posted by huntsonora

It was a loose analogy to being granted permission to hunt 365 days a year regardless of established seasons... which is what poachers do. If you can't make that simple mental connection, I'm sorry.

If they have the governors tag and they can hunt 365 days a year then that is an established "season" for that particular tag. The guys that draw the raffle tags get the same season as the auction tags in most cases. In fact, the only instance where I don't think they get the exact dates is on Antelope Island in Utah and they hunt the week after the auction tag hunter.

Here in CO the season is not 365 days a year for governors tag holders. I am all for having them start when the first season opens and ending when the last season is over regardless of weapon. We all have ideas to improve the system but just coming out and calling it "legal poaching" is ridiculous.

I see people do things on every tag available thats illegal and or unethical. Its a problem with every tag during every season all across the west and isn't limited to a few auction or raffle tags. I'm sorry that you cannot make that "simple mental connection".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Check the number of tags Utah allocates to the Hunt Expo ran by SFW. What a [bleep] joke and talk about a slippery slope! Those bastards can't even begin to give an accounting of where the funds go!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's a complete list of where the funds go.

http://www.sfw.net/data/CP_Annual%20Report_FY12.pdf

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Laffin', I love the second sentence. I'm sure glad Espinoza and crew got beat down on their NM tag grab.

Before it comes up. I am not against limited auction/raffle tags, I am against everything SFW, but you already knew that.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would rather take the total revenue generated in the last year by raffles and auction tags, divide it by the total number of big game tags issued by the state, and have that amount added to each tag sold. It would not be a large increase.

I am for a flat tax as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 30338
I would rather take the total revenue generated in the last year by raffles and auction tags, divide it by the total number of big game tags issued by the state, and have that amount added to each tag sold. It would not be a large increase.

It's really not too bad if you look at it but may be enough to stop many from applying. It would increase the cost of some tags by 50%

Total Big Game tags issued in Utah: 100,626
Total Conservation Permit Revenue: 3,148,882 (on 316 tags)

It would necessitate an increase on each tag issued of $31.29

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Then when you see that 316 tags are .3% of all tags issued, it makes no sense to raise the price on every general season tag when you can simply have 316 rich dudes (probably less) fund most of the conservation projects in the state

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Then when you see that 316 tags are .3% of all tags issued, it makes no sense to raise the price on every general season tag when you can simply have 316 rich dudes (probably less) fund most of the conservation projects in the state

But...but....it's just not fair whistle

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Class warfare shhit trickles down from the Demoncats even to our sport.

Sad.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by 30338

As much as at pisses me off to agree with rc', grin this is not a good idea.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Next step is to have the Bust in your entry

LOL

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Laffin' ,NEVER!! Keep drinking.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're on the right path of thinking. I think there may be an inkling of hope for you to emerge from the depths of shortsightedness and blossom into self actualization

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
If you think I'm thinking right, I'm driving off the Rio Puerco bridge tomorrow.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

250 members (2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 673, 1badf350, 29aholic, 40 invisible), 1,671 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,847
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.