Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
S
slammer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Sorry if this has been covered before but I haven't been on here as much as I used to be. Anyways, when I do look at the Classifieds forum, I see a lot of custom knife postings.

Just wondering if there should be a Classified forum for knives only? That way anyone looking for a knife could go there and the gun and optics crowd could continue to use this forum without scrolling over a dozen knife postings.

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yea, it's a real PIA scrolling.

I'm not one to bitch about being able to have the exposure that the 'Fire allows when selling some stuff.

Thinking a few of the knife guys here are also paying a fee, something 99.9% of us ain't, so I ain't gonna bitch bout that either.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Is it really that hard to just roll on past them?

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Duckhunter
Is it really that hard to just roll on past them?

It's been covered. Just roll past if your not interested. Rick has no interested in sub catagories. It's been covered way to many times. I don't mind things as they are. Not a big deal just move on it's a great site.

Last edited by Onpoint; 11/30/13.

GA precision all day long
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like seeing them, I haven't bought any, but eventually I probably will.

NRA Endowment Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The amount of posters has become huge over the past years which means that unless you are willing to scroll to like page 12 you will most likely miss something, so I can see your point and would not mind a sub-cat., but not likely to happen. That is why I am a member of knife forums, and blade forums. Knife forum just ask a $1 trade or sale commission on the honor system. Blade forums requires you to buy a memebership at different levels which can end up in the thousands, while it is a great site that is I why I would not be selling any knives on there.

Last edited by j2dogs; 11/30/13.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by slammer
Just wondering if there should be a Classified forum for knives only?

Absolutely, and a rifle only, shotguns only, pistols only. Then maybe we could even go bolt action rifle, lever rifle, pump rifle, single shot rifle, pump shotgun, semi-auto shotgun, O/U shotgun, SxS shotgun, revolver, semi-auto pistol, etc. Or maybe it would be better to have a Remington Rifle, Winchester rifle, Savage rifle, etc break-down.

Of course we'd then need a scopes heading, one for mounts, a clothing one, binos, backpacks, ammo, components, slings, electronics, and more headings.

The real problem arises though if I want a Remington bolt action rifle, with a Leupold scope, sporting Talley mounts, and wearing an IronEagle sling. THEN where do I look???? shocked

On second thought, naahhh, let's just leave it as it is.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was hoping for a hookers and Pappy Van Winkle section. :-)

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If there were a separate forum I'd save a lot of money as I too many times slide in to look and decide this one is the one. I've got too many the ones.

I like this forum/site just the way it is.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Knife ads are fine with me as they certainly tie in with most other outdoor items. What I don't understand is why some of the sellers have to have a separate ad for each item. A few run five or six individual ads on a regular basis and are a chronic PIA.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No. If you don't want to look at a knife or anything else for that matter, don't open the ad.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
No.

I like scrolling. Exercise for my trigger finger.

Member National Rifle Association, Life since 1961
Amateur Radio Op. Callsign KC3EK; KC3EK/BV & KC3EK/9M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bring on the knives!

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I won't lose any sleep over the matter, but I think the idea has merit.

I'm not aware of another item in the classifieds, so heavily marketed by commercial vendors, as knives.

A quick look at the fancy fonts and Screaming Text used by some knife vendors to attract attention to their knives is glaringly obvious.

Interestingly enough, the only ones I've bought are from Gene Ingram, and he doesn't advertise here. I have bought a couple from mountain man over on ARAIG's.

I do like occasionally looking at some of the flashier knives advertised here, and will probably buy one when the right one presents itself.

Brian

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
24hourcampfire is a great site and the Classifieds section is incredibly active. I see no reason to create sub-categories. In fact, I find sites with sub-categories are a PIA.

I suspect most of us enjoy looking at knives, firearms, optics etc. and don't logon to effect a specific search.

While I've never posted a For Sale post and likely never will, having an ad in proximity to the other ads vastly increases exposure and likelihood of a sale.

Even if site moderators were willing to create a knife sub-category, I would urge them not to do it.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I placed the knife sellers on ignore in hopes their ads would be eliminated from my viewing. Didn't work, but I'm surviving.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would much prefer a knives only classifieds secton, the knife ads have become overdone and over abundant.

When it was an occasional knife, posted by contributing members of this whole site or chat room it was fine. When knife makers and knife pro's started taking over and constantly barraging us with

ALL CAP! $%&^#@ FILLED ADS! OVER AND OVER AGAIN! SEE THIS FLAMING GAY! CRAZY AZZ! COLOR BURST! AMAZING!

ads, this place was greatly diminished IMO.

That there are so many folks who ONLY post and answer classifieds ads is another turn for the worse. It is not any longer a bunch of guys sitting around a virtual campfire talking guns and girls and stuff with deals between friends like it used to be.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by safariman
I would much prefer a knives only classifieds secton, the knife ads have become overdone and over abundant.

When it was an occasional knife, posted by contributing members of this whole site or chat room it was fine. When knife makers and knife pro's started taking over and constantly barraging us with

ALL CAP! $%&^#@ FILLED ADS! OVER AND OVER AGAIN! SEE THIS FLAMING GAY! CRAZY AZZ! COLOR BURST! AMAZING!

ads, this place was greatly diminished IMO.

I agree its one thing selling off your extra knives or something like that, but this crap with a few (not to name them but two that I have in mind) that constantly take over with dozens of posts all of which are "BTT" at the same time just to completely take over an entire page of listings is a little much. Especially when they are more or less knife "stores" and are merely looking for profit and moving there product. Although its not nearly as bad as cruising up a row at a gun show and seeing a table full or hats, t-shirts, and remote controlled helicopters!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
First, I think this "question" heading belongs in the CAMPFIRE thread for Q&A, not in the classifieds.

Second, day in and day out average has as many scopes listed as knives. It varies day to day. Some days Leupold alone is the most advertised item.

Third, yes, some get a little carried away with postings
--and multiple items on one posting seems to be good thing to do in some cases.

Fourth, this isn't Obamacare. You can go on without it.

Fifth, I have only bought but one knife here, but I bought 4 Leupolds and sold a couple knives, so I am happy.
Works for me.
jmho
Tim

Last edited by michiganroadkill; 11/30/13.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Yes Michiganroadkill, but these guys are not manufacturing Leupold scopes and selling them here. I think the sellers the original poster have in mind are the two or three that are selling thier knives here as a BUSINESS. They are knife makers for a living and take over the pages with multiple posts selling their handmade knives. Its not a case of someone buying a new scope or two and wanting to sell off their old. There is no reason for someone selling 10+ knives to make 10+ posts, put them all in one post, with one title, and have at it, dont clutter the place up with multiple posts!

Last edited by MuskieMan223; 11/30/13.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 73 invisible), 3,194 guests, and 1,383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,244
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.