Home
Sorry if this has been covered before but I haven't been on here as much as I used to be. Anyways, when I do look at the Classifieds forum, I see a lot of custom knife postings.

Just wondering if there should be a Classified forum for knives only? That way anyone looking for a knife could go there and the gun and optics crowd could continue to use this forum without scrolling over a dozen knife postings.
Yea, it's a real PIA scrolling.

I'm not one to bitch about being able to have the exposure that the 'Fire allows when selling some stuff.

Thinking a few of the knife guys here are also paying a fee, something 99.9% of us ain't, so I ain't gonna bitch bout that either.

Is it really that hard to just roll on past them?
Originally Posted by Duckhunter
Is it really that hard to just roll on past them?

It's been covered. Just roll past if your not interested. Rick has no interested in sub catagories. It's been covered way to many times. I don't mind things as they are. Not a big deal just move on it's a great site.
I like seeing them, I haven't bought any, but eventually I probably will.
The amount of posters has become huge over the past years which means that unless you are willing to scroll to like page 12 you will most likely miss something, so I can see your point and would not mind a sub-cat., but not likely to happen. That is why I am a member of knife forums, and blade forums. Knife forum just ask a $1 trade or sale commission on the honor system. Blade forums requires you to buy a memebership at different levels which can end up in the thousands, while it is a great site that is I why I would not be selling any knives on there.
Originally Posted by slammer
Just wondering if there should be a Classified forum for knives only?

Absolutely, and a rifle only, shotguns only, pistols only. Then maybe we could even go bolt action rifle, lever rifle, pump rifle, single shot rifle, pump shotgun, semi-auto shotgun, O/U shotgun, SxS shotgun, revolver, semi-auto pistol, etc. Or maybe it would be better to have a Remington Rifle, Winchester rifle, Savage rifle, etc break-down.

Of course we'd then need a scopes heading, one for mounts, a clothing one, binos, backpacks, ammo, components, slings, electronics, and more headings.

The real problem arises though if I want a Remington bolt action rifle, with a Leupold scope, sporting Talley mounts, and wearing an IronEagle sling. THEN where do I look???? shocked

On second thought, naahhh, let's just leave it as it is.
I was hoping for a hookers and Pappy Van Winkle section. :-)
If there were a separate forum I'd save a lot of money as I too many times slide in to look and decide this one is the one. I've got too many the ones.

I like this forum/site just the way it is.
Knife ads are fine with me as they certainly tie in with most other outdoor items. What I don't understand is why some of the sellers have to have a separate ad for each item. A few run five or six individual ads on a regular basis and are a chronic PIA.
No. If you don't want to look at a knife or anything else for that matter, don't open the ad.
No.

I like scrolling. Exercise for my trigger finger.
Bring on the knives!
I won't lose any sleep over the matter, but I think the idea has merit.

I'm not aware of another item in the classifieds, so heavily marketed by commercial vendors, as knives.

A quick look at the fancy fonts and Screaming Text used by some knife vendors to attract attention to their knives is glaringly obvious.

Interestingly enough, the only ones I've bought are from Gene Ingram, and he doesn't advertise here. I have bought a couple from mountain man over on ARAIG's.

I do like occasionally looking at some of the flashier knives advertised here, and will probably buy one when the right one presents itself.
24hourcampfire is a great site and the Classifieds section is incredibly active. I see no reason to create sub-categories. In fact, I find sites with sub-categories are a PIA.

I suspect most of us enjoy looking at knives, firearms, optics etc. and don't logon to effect a specific search.

While I've never posted a For Sale post and likely never will, having an ad in proximity to the other ads vastly increases exposure and likelihood of a sale.

Even if site moderators were willing to create a knife sub-category, I would urge them not to do it.
I placed the knife sellers on ignore in hopes their ads would be eliminated from my viewing. Didn't work, but I'm surviving.
I would much prefer a knives only classifieds secton, the knife ads have become overdone and over abundant.

When it was an occasional knife, posted by contributing members of this whole site or chat room it was fine. When knife makers and knife pro's started taking over and constantly barraging us with

ALL CAP! $%&^#@ FILLED ADS! OVER AND OVER AGAIN! SEE THIS FLAMING GAY! CRAZY AZZ! COLOR BURST! AMAZING!

ads, this place was greatly diminished IMO.

That there are so many folks who ONLY post and answer classifieds ads is another turn for the worse. It is not any longer a bunch of guys sitting around a virtual campfire talking guns and girls and stuff with deals between friends like it used to be.
Originally Posted by safariman
I would much prefer a knives only classifieds secton, the knife ads have become overdone and over abundant.

When it was an occasional knife, posted by contributing members of this whole site or chat room it was fine. When knife makers and knife pro's started taking over and constantly barraging us with

ALL CAP! $%&^#@ FILLED ADS! OVER AND OVER AGAIN! SEE THIS FLAMING GAY! CRAZY AZZ! COLOR BURST! AMAZING!

ads, this place was greatly diminished IMO.

I agree its one thing selling off your extra knives or something like that, but this crap with a few (not to name them but two that I have in mind) that constantly take over with dozens of posts all of which are "BTT" at the same time just to completely take over an entire page of listings is a little much. Especially when they are more or less knife "stores" and are merely looking for profit and moving there product. Although its not nearly as bad as cruising up a row at a gun show and seeing a table full or hats, t-shirts, and remote controlled helicopters!
First, I think this "question" heading belongs in the CAMPFIRE thread for Q&A, not in the classifieds.

Second, day in and day out average has as many scopes listed as knives. It varies day to day. Some days Leupold alone is the most advertised item.

Third, yes, some get a little carried away with postings
--and multiple items on one posting seems to be good thing to do in some cases.

Fourth, this isn't Obamacare. You can go on without it.

Fifth, I have only bought but one knife here, but I bought 4 Leupolds and sold a couple knives, so I am happy.
Works for me.
jmho
Tim
Yes Michiganroadkill, but these guys are not manufacturing Leupold scopes and selling them here. I think the sellers the original poster have in mind are the two or three that are selling thier knives here as a BUSINESS. They are knife makers for a living and take over the pages with multiple posts selling their handmade knives. Its not a case of someone buying a new scope or two and wanting to sell off their old. There is no reason for someone selling 10+ knives to make 10+ posts, put them all in one post, with one title, and have at it, dont clutter the place up with multiple posts!
Originally Posted by MuskieMan223
Yes Michiganroadkill, but these guys are not manufacturing Leupold scopes and selling them here. I think the sellers the original poster have in mind are the two or three that are selling thier knives here as a BUSINESS. They are knife makers for a living and take over the pages with multiple posts selling their handmade knives. Its not a case of someone buying a new scope or two and wanting to sell off their old. There is no reason for someone selling 10+ knives to make 10+ posts, put them all in one post, with one title, and have at it, dont clutter the place up with multiple posts!

Well said, and spot on.
I like the classifieds just the way they are...A Smorgasbord of outdoor sh*t all together. Just scroll on by if you don't like it.

==>>>>>ALTHOUGH THE ADS WITH CAPS ARE INGNORANT AND F*CKING RETARDED IMO. ***INSANE***::!!!!
INSANE HUNTER...!!!CRAZY WOOD!!!!SUPER SHARP***EDC SLICER!!!

FOR SALE*******LEUPOLD VXIII!!!********POS!!!!

STFU!
Originally Posted by slg888
I like the classifieds just the way they are...A Smorgasbord of outdoor sh*t all together. Just scroll on by if you don't like it.

==>>>>>ALTHOUGH THE ADS WITH CAPS ARE INGNORANT AND F*CKING RETARDED IMO. ***INSANE***::!!!!

FOR SALE*******LEUPOLD VXIII!!!********POS!!!!

STFU!

Made me laugh out loud. I hope the knife hawkers are reading this thread and will learn and grow through this.
kinda funny......in the 75 threads i see on the front page there are 3 knife ads and one is a wanted ad......you know you can change your settings so you dont have to go through 12 pages to catch up....
I have no problem with knives be in the classified but do they really need to "bump" them to the top every 30 minutes?
No sub forum, but they need to stop the top posting in all caps, time and time again.
I hate ALL CAPS writing, regardless of the venue.
I would love for a separate knives FS classifieds section.

But I will remind everyone here. If you have a problem with me directly,about me selling knives,please take it up with Rick Bin. This is what I was told to say,coming from the Boss.
Um, if I have a problem with something you're doing, I'll take it up with you.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Geez,I hope I don't piss you off
I would like a separate knife section,if possible.

I'm a knife guy as well as a gun guy.

I would rather not have to wade through a hundred gun posts to look for knives.
Originally Posted by VinceM

Not pissed off, just hope you understand what's being said.

I'm not one to go cry to the "boss" when there's a problem. Especially when he's not my "boss".
Rifle,handgungun,knives,optics and wanting to buy would be nice if they had there own section
When i buy something, half the time i don't even know i'm looking for it..leave it alone.

Not pissed off, just hope you understand what's being said.

I'm not one to go cry to the "boss" when there's a problem. Especially when he's not my "boss".

On this site he is my Boss.

I'll say it again clearly.

If you have a problem with me & the way I sell knives here take it up with Rick Bin. That's my story & I'm sticking to it. I'm not crying to him,nor do I think anyone would be,in this matter. But that is how you would get anywhere,I guess,on the matter.
In the meantime I like to think I'm providing a service to some ,here. I appreciate it,too.
yes
I would love for a separate knives FS classifieds section.

But I will remind everyone here. If you have a problem with me...

Actually Vince, if I recall correctly, your subject headers have always been reasonable, if not actually understated.

Always appreciated that.
once again, more or less one party is causing a stir.
Why not just deal with the party instead of making a big deal of it

I'm pretty sure if all the knife makers,selling,and all the knife sellers were gone & it got quiet here,in that respect,we'd see different posts then,too.

Sorry for the run sentence
The fact is that it's Rick Bin's party, if you want something changed take it up with him. Pretty simple really!
Lets all take breath. 24 campfire now and probably for the foreseeable future is the best "Forums" out there for outdoors in any format. Lets remember we are all brothers here with the exception of Brickhouse, lol just kiddin ya man. and enjoy what we got. Let's not sweat the small sh*t. smile
Not a knives classified but we do need a special "Preview" classified section.

It would only be available to members with over 10,000 posts so we could preview the items for sale and snatch them up before all of these FNG's cast their eyes on them...

wink
Originally Posted by TexasShooter

While I've never posted a For Sale post and likely never will, having an ad in proximity to the other ads vastly increases exposure and likelihood of a sale.

Hoarder . . . you need some professional help.

Should there be a complaint category?
After reading Vince's response, and advice for action, I'm guessing that he actually *pays* for the use of what the rest of us benefit from, that being the *free* classifieds here.

So if he's paying, and that allows others like me to play for free, who am I to complain.

Actually, we should probably be thanking the paying "commercial" posters here, not condemning them.
Having been on the fire for nearly a decade, I agree that it is the best forum on the internet. There is a ton of good info on the various forums and the classifieds have always been a great place for individuals to sell and buy. My intention for the post was to not to stir the pot but to ask a question that would initiate feedback that may be helpful in improving the site.

I also realize that the fire might be free to us members but it is not to Rick Bin. It is a business and without selling ads there is no fire. When I see an occasional ad post by folks like Muleymike or Doug at Cameraland, it catches my eye and I check them out. I get it - these are the guys that allow the fire to continue.

No doubt there are a lot of guys that have varying opinions and I expected that. Someone said it's Rick's decision and not ours which is totally true but maybe it will give him something to think about.

There was also a suggestion about putting multiple knives on one post. That would certainly cut down on the amount of posts but I am not sure how that would affect sales for the sellers. Once again, it's Rick's baby and his decision. I just asked the question to see what the pulse was.

Hey if nothing changes, then we just keep on scrolling like we've been doing.

I wouldn't mind having the 3-4 most popular items divided into sub-categories and then have an "everything else" category, like many forums have it set up. However, it ain't keepin' me awake at night either.

That said, it has been suggested more than once, and never happened, so......

Some forums also only allow one bump per day, due to people who feel they are more important than others. Usually these sites do not allow posting in ads except by the seller. I'm kinda "indifferent" on these rules, myself.

But I will continue to happily play the cards we have been dealt on a FREE classifieds that I think we all (should) appreciate having at our disposal..........
Oh yes. And I HATE trying to read anything in all CAPS, also. But nobody is forcing anybody to read anything, and not opening such an ad is always an option for those who choose to complain about it........
Without a doubt the best classifieds on the net for outdoors related items. I don't know that I would encourage any changes at all. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
How hard is it to skip past a thread your not interested in?

I too would like to see the knives separate, but I have no problem dealing with it the way it is.
******INSANE******!!!!!!......
I like the variety that the classifieds have here. I think it's the best classified of any outdoor forum on the web. Only one place to look, and you can always use the search feature to help narrow your search. Wouldn't change a thing.
I can understand knives being for sale here, We sell stuff here,

What I can't understand, is people who use this forum for gossip,or questions, when we have 58 other forum's for that purpose.

I'll buy the fricken knife, but I'm not buying questions.
It's up to Rick Bin. For the knife sellers who are doing it as a business, I sure hope he gets a fee from them, as it seems that they abuse the honor system pretty heavily. I gave up clicking on any of their posts, and have decided to never buy one of their products.
How bout the guys that are only selling guns in the classifieds and never post anywhere else?

Like a bunch of old hens. Everyone wants less government but they want to get into every ones bizness...
So this is what a bitchfest looks like?? A bunch of grown men taking cheap shots at Backwoods and Bradshaw because of their posting style?? You don't like CAPS scroll the hell past it. My goodness. I own a bunch of bills knives and he's always been a gentleman to deal with who I'm virtually certain pays to sell here.

FOR SALE*******Bushnell !!!********POS!!!!

STFU!

Better now...
It is not necessary to change a great forum to suit a few. There is an "ignore" function for those who are easily offended. eek
Originally Posted by pal
It is not necessary to change a great forum to suit a few. There is an "ignore" function for those who are easily offended. eek

LIKE!!!
I bought a couple of knives here. I never knew I needed them till I saw them. LMAO!!!
this schitt really isn't that hard. everyone selling a knife just make sure the word 'knife' is in the subject line somewhere. not just 'Ingram #4'. then people looking for knives just search the classified section for 'knife' in subject only.
I hope you folks haven't run Casey off because I sure enjoy looking at his work, along with all the other knife ads. If folks are spending this much time in classifieds on here and bitching about it being cluttered up, they prolly gots too much damn time on their hands to begin with. Might be time to get some new hobbies.
Knifemaking, perhaps?

They could sell them here in the classifieids... wink
I like seeing knives in the regular forum or in a sub-cat. does not matter.
Truth is it is a privilege to be here, so however, it is a debt of gratitude to Rick for put'in up with us.
NAH I AINT RAN OFF! HAHA I DO HOWEVER WISH THERE WAS A DEDICATED "KNIFE SALE" SECTION. IM JUST AN AVG GUY TRYIN TO MAKE A LIVIN ALL WHILE DOING WHAT I LOVE AND GIVING PEOPLE A GREAT VALUE.
Why are you yelling?
I was contacted by another forum member about this thread, FYI~ When I first started posting my knives here I caught hell about it. I was claimed to be a DISTRIBUTOR? I am a one man show an make each knife I sell, Im far from being what im accused of..(I was then contacted by Rick Bin I payed my dues.So if anyone has complaints,Direct them to him.As far as caps goes? Its my choice how I wanna post my product forsale.And as I have read most of these posts you all want complain about the words I use to.So looks like a lose / lose situation.Usaually my knives are sold within minutes on other forums and marked sold here so what are the coplaints about? Are you looking 85 pages back to see my thread to complain.. Im a layed back easy going person,And this ignorance doesn't bother me.. Simplicity,if you know your not gonna like what you see in my threads why the hell you keep looking? Im done with this childs play, I can set back now an watch the slander fly.Have a goodnight fellas
No! Classifieds a is fine the way it is, to see how NOT to do it just go to calguns.net where they have sections for everything and the site is a major PITA!!

Originally Posted by BACKWOODSCUSTOMKNIVES
I was contacted by another forum member about this thread, FYI~ When I first started posting my knives here I caught hell about it. I was claimed to be a DISTRIBUTOR? I am a one man show an make each knife I sell, Im far from being what im accused of..(I was then contacted by Rick Bin I payed my dues.So if anyone has complaints,Direct them to him.As far as caps goes? Its my choice how I wanna post my product forsale.And as I have read most of these posts you all want complain about the words I use to.So looks like a lose / lose situation.Usaually my knives are sold within minutes on other forums and marked sold here so what are the coplaints about? Are you looking 85 pages back to see my thread to complain.. Im a layed back easy going person,And this ignorance doesn't bother me.. Simplicity,if you know your not gonna like what you see in my threads why the hell you keep looking? Im done with this childs play, I can set back now an watch the slander fly.Have a goodnight fellas

No opinion on your ads, but sure love your blades smile I think I would just give them a GFY and call it good and carry on as usual. You paid your dues you can do what the hell you want within the constraints of the rules. They want the knife ads separated in some manner....as far as I know the all caps ads help separate chit.
I'd like to see a separate forum called "Bitch Bitch Bitch, Moan Moan Moan". Oh, and one with just pics of naked bitches.

this better?... I have always used caps in my sale ads on other sites since I started making knives and never has it been an "issue" except for this site. blows my mind how something as simple as the size of font used can cause slanderous remarks about someone and their business. I have met a TON<-- haha of great guys off here and made some friends along the way with the sale of my handmade goods. I don't ask or beg anyone to purchase or look at my offerings like stated before just a small business making one knife at a time and offering them for sale. the reason for multiple postings usually has to do with knives being completed everyday a new knife. I never intended to overrun the classifieds with my knife monopoly hahaha stated before just a guy trying to earn a living doing what he loves. I give all the makers here the highest respect because I know how hard this business can be. bill is a damn good friend of mine and id go to bat for him any day he has always posted the same way on other forums as well its just how we do things not trying do make people upset. we are proud of what we do and excited to show people what we have created with our own two hands. with that said thanks for listening

casey
Originally Posted by EddyBo

No opinion on your ads, but sure love your blades smile I think I would just give them a GFY and call it good and carry on as usual. You paid your dues you can do what the hell you want within the constraints of the rules. They want the knife ads separated in some manner....as far as I know the all caps ads help separate chit.

^^^^^^^ My kinda guy. As a well known maker I have to watch the toes I step on.I try to be as professional about thing as possible.In 12 years of knifemaking I have found you cant please everyone,But they could buy a knife then complain???
Thanks Buddy
Sorry if this has been covered before but I haven't been on here as much as I used to be. Anyways, when I do look at the Classifieds forum, I see a lot of custom knife postings.

Just wondering if there should be a Classified forum for knives only? That way anyone looking for a knife could go there and the gun and optics crowd could continue to use this forum without scrolling over a dozen knife postings.

How about you leave well enough alone.
Originally Posted by Killertraylor
I'd like to see a separate forum called "Bitch Bitch Bitch, Moan Moan Moan". Oh, and one with just pics of naked bitches.

It already exists...we call it the "freak show" and it is at the top of the forum page.
Please take your caps lock off.
Originally Posted by Bradshawblades1
this better?... I have always used caps in my sale ads on other sites since I started making knives and never has it been an "issue" except for this site. blows my mind how something as simple as the size of font used can cause slanderous remarks about someone and their business. I have met a TON<-- haha of great guys off here and made some friends along the way with the sale of my handmade goods. I don't ask or beg anyone to purchase or look at my offerings like stated before just a small business making one knife at a time and offering them for sale. the reason for multiple postings usually has to do with knives being completed everyday a new knife. I never intended to overrun the classifieds with my knife monopoly hahaha stated before just a guy trying to earn a living doing what he loves. I give all the makers here the highest respect because I know how hard this business can be. bill is a damn good friend of mine and id go to bat for him any day he has always posted the same way on other forums as well its just how we do things not trying do make people upset. we are proud of what we do and excited to show people what we have created with our own two hands. with that said thanks for listening

casey

Bought a few of your blades as well and love them too. I doubt anyone too upset by all caps to buy a knife rom you, was ever really a potential customer.
The classifieds on 24H are some of the best on the net but I find myself looking at them less and less because I'm sick of seeing half of the first page posts selling knives from the same two guys who bump them several times a day. Now to see what's been added today I have to go through a couple pages and try to weed through the same knife guys. How about not allowing any bumping of posts? I've seen other sites have this rule and it seems to work good.

It's finally happen the lady's on the campfire final had their minstrel cycles sink up laugh

I might need to start posting tampons for sale might GET RICH
What about those of us who buy guns, scopes, knives, brass, bullets, and hunting gear on here. So because its so hard for you to run you finger over the scroll I need to look at a dozen different sub forums?

Reno
Yep we need a female hygiene section god forbid someone has to look at two pages of the classified section to find some pussy plugs laugh
Originally Posted by fredIII
It's finally happen the lady's on the campfire final had their minstrel cycles sink up laugh

I might need to start posting tampons for sale might GET RICH

That would be MENSTRUAL cycle...I am surprised a c_nt like you couldn't spell it.
I like knifes, don't always look at the postings and just pass by. That being said I have noticed a BUCH of adds. Mostly from just a few posters. Lot cheaper to sell here rather than Ebay Gunbroker, and others that charge a fee. To me the forum is for folks posting personal items not a business selling on the cheap.

No need. I like seeing All the classifieds.
Edited: Upon further investigation, it appears that my thoughts may have been wrong about who's paying.
Posted By: RickyBobby WHAAAAAAA!!!!!! GFY!!!!! - 12/01/13
cry
Posted By: Allen917 Re: WHAAAAAAA!!!!!! GFY!!!!! - 12/01/13
You guys can all do as you please with my blessings. But, I will not buy from anyone here that is obviously trying to run a business and doesn't post at least 90 percent in the other forums. I don't care how bad I want it or need it.

If you don't like that then you can GFY on another forum. See I can be crude too.
Posted By: woodson Re: WHAAAAAAA!!!!!! GFY!!!!! - 12/01/13
Are you guys serious? Worry about stuff that actually matters.
Posted By: antlers Re: WHAAAAAAA!!!!!! GFY!!!!! - 12/01/13
Originally Posted by woodson
Are you guys serious? Worry about stuff that actually matters.

Yep. Like about one tenth of one percent of the stuff that people usually get their dresses blown up over...!
Originally Posted by huntsman22
******INSANE******!!!!!!......

this
ttt
We don't need no stinking knife forum but the knife sellers could group their ads together and post several knives in the same ad which would help cut down on the clutter.

For the guys that don't want to have to look at several pages you need to change your setting to allow more post per page.
Amazing how far these nitwits will go to pizz of potential customers. Won't buy from them or even look at there ads. Need to go some place else.
Originally Posted by Oklahoma
We don't need no stinking knife forum but the knife sellers could group their ads together and post several knives in the same ad which would help cut down on the clutter.

For the guys that don't want to have to look at several pages you need to change your setting to allow more post per page.

Yep just change the settings and quit the stupidity!!!
Well I gotta tell you, when I asked what I thought was a simple question about having a knife category I never imagined it would cause such an uproar. It wasn't a bitch, complaint, etc but merely a question to see how others felt about this topic. Based on the fact that the knifemakers themselves responded that they would like a separate category, I don't think it was that crazy of a question.

Since it's been a full day since the post, I went through each response to tally up the yeas and nays. We all know this isn't a democracy and it's Rick's call on what happens here but if nothing else, the numbers should give a good indicator of how members feel about the question that was posed.

Knifemakers - 100% said they would like to have a knives classifieds.

Classifieds Forum Users
53% said leave it as is
20% would like a knife category
27% either had no opinion or is was hard to figure out where they stood.

Thanks for the responses. I do want to apologize for putting the post in the actual Classifieds Forum. Not sure if should have gone in the Hunter's Campfire or Miscellaneous but one of the two.
Just keep on posting up those knives, I like looking at them and you never know I just might be tempted to buy one. Remember they are PAYING to post on here, and the rest of the whiners are doing it for free. And if you like ALL CAPS do it just to give them something to bitch about.
Well I gotta tell you, when I asked what I thought was a simple question about having a knife category I never imagined it would cause such an uproar. It wasn't a bitch, complaint, etc but merely a question to see how others felt about this topic. Based on the fact that the knifemakers themselves responded that they would like a separate category, I don't think it was that crazy of a question.

Since it's been a full day since the post, I went through each response to tally up the yeas and nays. We all know this isn't a democracy and it's Rick's call on what happens here but if nothing else, the numbers should give a good indicator of how members feel about the question that was posed.

Knifemakers - 100% said they would like to have a knives classifieds.

Classifieds Forum Users
53% said leave it as is
20% would like a knife category
27% either had no opinion or is was hard to figure out where they stood.

Thanks for the responses. I do want to apologize for putting the post in the actual Classifieds Forum. Not sure if should have gone in the Hunter's Campfire or Miscellaneous but one of the two.

Why throw Rick in the Fire? He runs this site just fine.And he moderates it very well. Id say this shoulda been a sticky since most everyone in the last day has looked or gave there 2 cents,Look at all the gear,guns and ammo people missed by monitoring this thread.Oh an knives.Now there all pissed.Those guys that scrolled right on by got the goodies.
Just keep on posting up those knives, I like looking at them and you never know I just might be tempted to buy one. Remember they are PAYING to post on here, and the rest of the whiners are doing it for free. And if you like ALL CAPS do it just to give them something to bitch about.

THATS RIGHT!! YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.
HAVA GOOD ONE , YOUR 2 CENTS WAS WORTH 3 DOLLARS AND CHANGE grin
I dont mind the idea of having some categories for the items. I do not think it needs to be broken down very far, maybe just guns, shotguns, knives and optics? I agree that the adds work good now, but it would be nice to look at just guns, or just optics. You would get more results of what you are looking for on each page.

$5 in NY , $6.50 in Suffolk co.

{{{{ PRICELESS }}}} Vince!! grin

{{{{ PRICELESS }}}} Vince!! grin

That ain't no joke Bill
Just pulled my ad.

You think top posting a dozen separate knives for sale is the way to go, have at it.
Just pulled my ad.

You think top posting a dozen separate knives for sale is the way to go, have at it.

How should we do it then ? Did you ever try buying from one thread with the same dozen things in it ? That's very confusing,too.
Bye
Vince- some folk itemize pictured items in one thread. It allows a buyer to say "I'll take #3" etc...

You can edit the add to remove sold items.

It can help to keep the amount of posts down so you're not trying to keep so many threads on the first page.

I don't mind the knife adds. I like knives and its nice seeing such variety here. Anyway, good luck.
Gentlemen,

I thought long and hard about this, and I decided to go ahead and make a separate forum. I should have it up and running next week.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Gentlemen,

I thought long and hard about this, and I decided to go ahead and make a separate forum. I should have it up and running next week.

Travis

I could use my own sub forum,while you are at it Travis, just sayin'
No.

Just knives.

Travis
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Vince- some folk itemize pictured items in one thread. It allows a buyer to say "I'll take #3" etc...

You can edit the add to remove sold items.

It can help to keep the amount of posts down so you're not trying to keep so many threads on the first page.

I don't mind the knife adds. I like knives and its nice seeing such variety here. Anyway, good luck.

The edit feature expires on some of the posts,in the thread. So this is not a fool proof plan.

Also I started doing seperate sales threads so I could copy text as needed to load on my site,and other forums I sell onAFTER the Campfire members get first shot

I give the members here a first shot at alot of stuff that you can't find on the internet by other knife purveyors
Originally Posted by Killertraylor

As long as the naked bitches are moaning, I'm all for it... grin
Jim, you are obviously not taking this subject seriously enough. Where is the angst, where is the pity for the poor fools that have to scroll past all those ads?

If nothing else, this thread has really brought out the differences in the denizens of this site....

Personally, I love seeing the different knives and new styles being made by these guys. I've been sooooo tempted to buy a few, but I've got so many knives now I'm not sure what I would do with another. I will keep looking, though.

Now, the Bitch, bitch, bitch and Moan, moan, moan and naked ladies forums have some merit. Maybe we should discuss that for awhile..... wink

Bob
I think I will buy a knife now, petty crap like this pizzes me off. I don't understand why it's hard to scroll past them.
Originally Posted by Mod7Nut
I think I will buy a knife now, petty crap like this pizzes me off. I don't understand why it's hard to scroll past them.

Exactly, If you are a hunter,outdoorsman,hiker,camper ,even police or medical,Do you not have or need a damn knife???

" KNIVES SAVES LIVES TOO! ""

Its great that there will be a subforum,With out a doubt,Point is it was fine the way it was,For all you knife users come visit us in our own home being built. You wont have to look at deer piss an long underwear anymore to find what your looking for.
A good friend of mine and a very accomplished maker once told me " wait till you get the haters. Thats when you know your doing something right because you have thier attention" rings very true. Thank you to all my supporters and customers also friends i have made while doing this! Have a good sunday yall im hittin the shootin range time for some r&r!
Well spoken Casey
Leave it alone. It isn't broke so don't fug it up by trying to fix it. I've bought a half dozen or more custom knives on here, some from Vince, most from private sellers, it's all good. As for the knife guys running a business, I've bought gun parts, guns, and optics here that I thought was from private sellers only to have stuff show up with their business card inside, not really a problem, just saying. As stated earlier this isn't just a bunch of guys buying and selling personal stuff anymore. It is however (in my opinion) still the best site we have going for us, so lets not fug it up by fighting amongst ourselves. (YMMV, just my .02 worth)

Guy
So are we getting a separate booby forum too?
I tried to buy a cleaver from Casey, but EddyBo stole it first.

I now hate them both. Gonna start a thread if it ever happens again.

Travis
Question: If we're fighting over knives, does this mean we're knife fighting? shocked

Okay, I will make a serious request. Seriously.

When you show pics of your knives, could you show the bottom of the handle instead of just straight on side shots? A lot of knives have a very abrupt transition there with a flat bottom, I prefer a more rounded area there, and it's difficult to see from a full side on angle.

These show the bottom area and the transition from side to bottom well:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks, and now back to the usual angst.

OH, the fighting and arguing!

OH, the hatred!

OH, the huge manatee of it all...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by deflave
I tried to buy a cleaver from Casey, but EddyBo stole it first.

I now hate them both. Gonna start a thread if it ever happens again.

Travis

Dang your alive, thank goodness, thought Shrapnel had left you in a ditch somewhere dead from a double load from a purty shotgun. I thought I had lost my favorite poster.

Who knows if they would have let Shrapnel post in prison smile
No cage could contain him anyway.

Travis
we need a section for [bleep] crybabies
I think it's in the Missouri section.

Travis
Oregon actually. The 45 year old never been married environmentalist wench Suburu with a rootop pod driving liberal arts major State.

THAT SAID, MY PANTIES ARE SERIOUSLY WADDED UP RIGHT NOW THIS THREAD HAS BEEN VERY UPSETTING I THINK I NEED TO GO EAT SOME GRANOLA AND DECOMPRESS.
cry
Maybe we can kindly ask that the forum gods to make the ignore feature so that it completely hides the users post like it never even existed!
True dat!
cry
Posted By: Deer Turd Re: WHAAAAAAA!!!!!! GFY!!!!! - 12/01/13
I'll take it. Will you take a personal check?
Actually, I look at the knives for sale, before the guns and optics.
See what 'ya did now? Go back to setting on your fingers Ricky.
Bought a knife here last week, but easy to scroll on past them if you're not interested.
The big font knife maker/sellers are tender souls.

Responding to a simple suggestion with such negativity.

I've decided not to buy from any of them now, and I do buy knives from online forum classifieds. Several this year alone.

I'll buy from Gene Ingram or Dale Howe on another forum. Yes, I will miss out on what may be some great knives, but I won't support that type of mentality.
This is how it's done...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../1/Gene_Ingram_fixed_blades_3_new#UNREAD

laugh

Agreed!
Originally Posted by BW
The big font knife maker/sellers are tender souls.

Responding to a simple suggestion with such negativity.

I've decided not to buy from any of them now, and I do buy knives from online forum classifieds. Several this year alone.

I'll buy from Gene Ingram or Dale Howe on another forum. Yes, I will miss out on what may be some great knives, but I won't support that type of mentality.

Sir, it was way more than simple,This thing was outta hand via first post,Everyone just jumped on a bandwagon and started a commotion that didn't need to be started in the first place,Sorry you feel the way you do,Step in our shoes for just a minute and you would see the light.A direct hit from a bunch of folks that wont listen or want to demand something upon us shows how inmature most of the posts in this really are.Gene an Dale are great makers may you spend your money wisely,We were far from begging or asking anyone to by are product.We were simply offering are services and work to you folks.Ill speak for all three of us,Myself,Bradshaw,and Vince we are all great people an are a tight group of people that depend on this as an income not a hobby.And we do are very best on treating everyone as we would like to be treated.But we cant be pushed around or ran over with the ignorance of this bullying.They got what they wanted,Aswell I think in the end it is better for us to have a knife section on the site,We wont have the struggle of knife buyers looking 99 pages back to find our product,like these guys will continue to suffer to do on the classified section looking for what they want,Bump after bump wont be needed in the knife section,as it will be there for folks viewing pleasure,and not a dog fight for bumps like on the classifieds.
Have a good evening.
Originally Posted by RickBin

Agreed!

Of course I see your point, The gentle man had his post in a group buy,He is not a maker that makes single knives a day to sale,Those were unused from his collection.A whole different situation than ours.

Agreed!

Of course I see your point, The gentle man had his post in a group buy,He is not a maker that makes single knives a day to sale,Those were unused from his collection.A whole different situation than ours.

You don't at all see the point. That post was a much more professional presentation and very appealing to a potential buyer than many of the current proliferation of commercial posts.
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

Agreed!

You don't at all see the point. That post was a much more professional presentation and very appealing to a potential buyer than many of the current proliferation of commercial posts.

A lot of big words that have no meaning? Point is?
Lol this thread is on ignore..Everyone has opinions that's what this amounts to,,

Lol this thread is on ignore..Everyone has opinions that's what this amounts to,,

I'm going out on a limb and say you're annoying as he!!.

I disagree with your summation, as you can see from his posts below yours it would appear evident that the fellow was agreeing with RickBin...not with the point or validity of the post.

Originally Posted by Fireball2

I'm going out on a limb and say you're annoying as he!!.

Which is why I will not purchase from him.
At least the knife makers add pictures of their goods. Can't say that about a lot of the gun guys. Lazy bastards grin

Agreed!

Wait! I think I have the solution!
What we need is a forum on selling, professional presentation, marketing etiquette, etc. Not to mention photography tips to best show the finer attributes of the item being sold. Then the ad could be assessed by a chosen few to make sure it was in accordance with said policies and procedures. Then after a vote of the chosen few it could be posted or rejected as the case may be. Then and only then would the subjects be allowed to view said ad.

Maybe at that point all the whining and bitching could be directed at those who approved the ad for publication to the general forum.

That being said (partly tongue in cheek), These knifemakers are exactly that, knifemakers! They bust their asses, putting heart and soul into their products and try to bring them to the public to assess and let them see the quality and dedication they put in their work and try to get some reward for their efforts (money and recognition) only to be chastised by some nitpicking bullshit from some better than thou types who always find something wrong with everything. Maybe you should look in the mirror and make sure every little aspect in your life is beyond reproach.

A little insight into my post: Casey is my son, who I'm very proud of. I see him every day building knives, 10-12 hours a day, out of nothing but a chunk of steel into something that is truly beautiful and useful with nothing more than a grinding wheel and forge. I encouraged him to post on this forum because I thought the both he and the Campfire would benefit from his work, maybe I was wrong. Butch
You'er spot on they are art and the cry babies need to wash the sand out of their vags and scroll past

Wait! I think I have the solution!
What we need is a forum on selling, professional presentation, marketing etiquette, etc. Not to mention photography tips to best show the finer attributes of the item being sold. Then the ad could be assessed by a chosen few to make sure it was in accordance with said policies and procedures. Then after a vote of the chosen few it could be posted or rejected as the case may be. Then and only then would the subjects be allowed to view said ad.

Maybe at that point all the whining and bitching could be directed at those who approved the ad for publication to the general forum.

That being said (partly tongue in cheek), These knifemakers are exactly that, knifemakers! They bust their asses, putting heart and soul into their products and try to bring them to the public to assess and let them see the quality and dedication they put in their work and try to get some reward for their efforts (money and recognition) only to be chastised by some nitpicking bullshit from some better than thou types who always find something wrong with everything. Maybe you should look in the mirror and make sure every little aspect in your life is beyond reproach.

A little insight into my post: Casey is my son, who I'm very proud of. I see him every day building knives, 10-12 hours a day, out of nothing but a chunk of steel into something that is truly beautiful and useful with nothing more than a grinding wheel and forge. I encouraged him to post on this forum because I thought the both he and the Campfire would benefit from his work, maybe I was wrong. Butch [/quote]

Thanks for posting Butch, Id be a proud father aswell,Casey is great knifemaker An friend, We don't fret the small [bleep], An try to be professional in everyway , And in doing are work an adds aswell.But that's impossible in some cases as it is here.Atleast we have a lot of great folks like you to back us when we are getting thrown under the bus,And I appreciate it. We wont put are tales down and run.Will still be here plugging away while they find something else or someone else to complain about..This forum is a favor given to everyone,But some think they will run it or ruin it for everyone
Let them post here...I'd much rather see these nice knives than I phones, etc.
We wont put are tales down and run.Will still be here plugging away while they find something else or someone else to complain about..This forum is a favor given to everyone,But some think they will run it or ruin it for everyone
Shhh....it's ok....shhh. This forum is built on people that join and participate in firearm/hunting discussions, and OUR word of mouth and postings bring more members to create a very large site that makes it attractive to a knife builder like yourself to post products and sell without paying fees I'm betting.

I see nowhere in this thread members ask you to "run with tales down". I see suggestions by YOUR CUSTOMERS and the SITE OWNER to combine listings. And there were other suggestions on removing CAPS. imo using caps is disrespectful to your competition including Vince and YOUR customers listings., plus I don't think members are blind.

I know a lot guys here personally and nobody's "cryin" or gives a [bleep] over the knife postings by dealers, many were just giving there opinion. I've purchased a couple customs off 24hr & enjoy window shopping knife listings here..... Keep'em coming!

Knife Dealers should do a daily free custom knife give-away to members, that's my suggestion. smile

Merry Xmas & GFY people. laugh
CRAZY RIDICULOUS INSANE IN ALL CAPS IS JUST.............gay, IMO.

That said, I really don't care how they choose to post their ads, although trying to find the price in all that mess can be quite challenging at times.....
Don't mess with Vince he'll sic Frank Mundus on you.

First rule of business is the customers are always right.
Responding with posts that only piss off potential customers is not a wise decision.
If you can afford to be stubborn and resist suggestions, more power to you,
If you want to sell, maybe you should tone it down a bit
We wont put are tales down and run.Will still be here plugging away while they find something else or someone else to complain about..This forum is a favor given to everyone,But some think they will run it or ruin it for everyone
Shhh....it's ok....shhh. This forum is built on people that join and participate in firearm/hunting discussions, and OUR word of mouth and postings bring more members to create a very large site that makes it attractive to a knife builder like yourself to post products and sell without paying fees I'm betting.

I see nowhere in this thread members ask you to "run with tales down". I see suggestions by YOUR CUSTOMERS and the SITE OWNER to combine listings. And there were other suggestions on removing CAPS. imo using caps is disrespectful to your competition including Vince and YOUR customers listings., plus I don't think members are blind.

I know a lot guys here personally and nobody's "cryin" or gives a [bleep] over the knife postings by dealers, many were just giving there opinion. I've purchased a couple customs off 24hr & enjoy window shopping knife listings here..... Keep'em coming!

Knife Dealers should do a daily free custom knife give-away to members, that's my suggestion. smile

Merry Xmas & GFY people. laugh

Shhh, Better get your imagination fixed, I did pay to sale here , I bet your the recipient of freebies???
Ohio, who would have guessed.
You sure you ain't from Michigan Scott, cuz you sure sound like it? laugh
Backwoods,

There comes when one should disengage in an argument.

BTW, I never looked at any of your products until this thread appeared. You and the others make some nice looking cutlery.

Did anyone read RickBin's very brief post above and look at his referenced post?
Time to stop the drivel and move on.
JMHO
TIM
I bet your the recipient of freebies???
Nah, I don't need any doorstops.
Back on topic ....

Just wondering if there should be a Classified forum for knives only?

Seems like a good idea to me. We have subforums for all the firearms topics, why not a sub-forum for knives classifieds since there Do seem to be a lot of them. THUMBSUP
If there was such a place, it would be mighty dangerous whistle
No
Yes
I think there should be a separate classifieds for guns. That way I would not accidentally run across stuff I do not need but am apt to buy.
No, and no CAPS
I think it would be polite for anyone constantly posting multiple items to consolidate their items to one post. Instead of several different listings for similar items just one, especially with commercial posts. Possibly limiting the number of posts in classifieds per week, month etc. Bumps would count as a post. May have allready been said but didn't read the 17 pages of this thread. Forgive me.

NO seperate heading for knives, just some proper etiquette please.
yes
I guess ryanjay didn't get the memo

I found his recent classified posts to be just about perfect.

Incredible photography, accurate descriptions, easy to find price, and transaction requirements laid out in clear and plain language.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...arles_May_custom_handi_scand#Post8313104

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../1/Dan_Crotts_custom_hunting_knif#UNREAD

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8312644/Dan_Crotts_filet#Post8312644

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...592/Dan_Crotts_Brend_Skinner#Post8312592

Again, that's how it's done.

Now if I can just manage to not buy that fillet knife. It's nice!

Consolidate to one thread ?
Consolidate to one thread ?

As a noncommercial seller, I doubt he'll be repeating that everyday. For the occasional poster, what he's doing is appropriate.

To be be honest, the consolidation deal was never my beef.

My only issue was the huge distracting font use. Which again, you don't do, and I appreciate that.

As before, I'll not lose any sleep over the subject. But I will choose who I'll buy from based on attitude.
yes........YES
Thanks JSTUART. Fixed it for you dipshit.
Originally Posted by jeremiahjs
Yes, there should be knives in the classifieds. Why wouldn't a bunch of guys that hunt, fish and whatever you do out in the woods, not want the opportunity to buy a nice custom knife in the classifieds? The items I see in the classifieds I'm not interested in, I just don't click on it. Works every time for me.

Reading isn't your strong point, is it?

Should there be a "Knives" classifieds?

Not "should there be knives in the classifieds".
First rule, don't sweat the small chit.

Second rule, its all small chit.

Personally, I would rather see knife ads than someones used drawers, boots, misc. gun parts, or the dozens and dozens of optics posts.
I don't really have a dog in this fight as I don't buy or sell too much anymore but I think the separate knife forum is a great idea. As mentioned there are a large number of people selling custom knives. While it is not "too difficult" to scroll past them it does make sense to let this market have it's own forum. Those that want a custom knife can look at the knife forum instead of scrolling through the other ad's and us scrolling the ads for the deal of the day don't have to filter through dozens of custom knife ads...
i agree
it does seem overrun sometimes but I kinda enjoy looking at the craftsmanship
Yes, there should be. JMO

Sorry, I didn't want to create multiple threads for the knives, but it wouldn't allow me to post all of the images without doing a bunch of posts. I thought it would be confusing if I did that so I just made a different thread for each one. If my 5 knives are causing you worries, it won't be for long. After these sell, it will be a long time before I list any for sale again. This represents several years of "collecting" and all of the sudden, I became a collector. I'm sure you understand.

Originally Posted by BW

Incredible photography, accurate descriptions, easy to find price, and transaction requirements laid out in clear and plain language.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8312644/Dan_Crotts_filet#Post8312644

I appreciate it. I try be as upfront as possible in all dealings.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
OH, the huge manatee of it all...

[Linked Image]

Holy Crap that made me laugh!!!
Originally Posted by ryanjay11

Sorry, I didn't want to create multiple threads for the knives, but it wouldn't allow me to post all of the images without doing a bunch of posts. I thought it would be confusing if I did that so I just made a different thread for each one. If my 5 knives are causing you worries, it won't be for long. After these sell, it will be a long time before I list any for sale again. This represents several years of "collecting" and all of the sudden, I became a collector. I'm sure you understand.

Originally Posted by BW

I appreciate it. I try be as upfront as possible in all dealings.

Ryan your reasoning of the "one post with multiple knives being too confusing" was the way I saw it too. But now I'll try it "all in one" for now,see how that goes
I rarely look at the knives for sale as I have too many now. I don't sell on here much but when I do post an ad and then someone posts 5 or more ads on top of mine, I am on the second page before I know it. I guess I just want as much exposure without all the TTT's. As you know this is my opinion and we all have one as well as ...
+1 Mark. Not one single member dislikes knifes in the classifieds. It's all about having respect toward other members/dealers postings. That's it plain & simple.
No use for classified cowboys selling anything.. If you are running a business on the 24 Hour Classifieds, you're not welcome as far as I am concerned.

If you have stuff to sell that has become excess to you, then I personally welcome whatever it is that you are selling..

Just one mans opinion..

g
Originally Posted by GeoW
No use for classified cowboys selling anything.. If you are running a business on the 24 Hour Classifieds, you're not welcome as far as I am concerned.

If you have stuff to sell that has become excess to you, then I personally welcome whatever it is that you are selling..

Just one mans opinion..

g
your vote doesn't count
Counts more than you think.. wink
I think not
I'm waiting for $5 bricks of 22LR to start showing up for sale from our resident hoarders/gougers.
The knife posts don't bother me. The posts without pics, of this that and the other, on the other hand are a waste of time and space IMO.
Yip
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
I think not

It ain't nothin' for me to whup a man's ass. Ever had yer ass whipped?

I'll kick your ass so hard you can cough and fart at the same time.

How big ole boy are you?

grin
My dad can beat up your dad.
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
My dad can beat up your dad.

My dad'll kick yer dads ass so hard he'll have to clear his throat to fart.

Just one mans opinion..

g

Unlike you and me, these gentleman pay to sell their products. There is only one person whose vote counts and he paid a visit to the thread and it has been been business per usual.

Some of the caps and frequent bumps is a minor annoyance (to me), but you have to take the good with the bad.

Not my place to tell Rick how to run his business.
Originally Posted by wadevb1
...Not my place to tell Rick how to run his business.

Certainly not. But members can shun any vendor who becomes a pest or who simply lacks good taste and judgement.
Bingo- Pleas don't let Geow take my birthday away!
Originally Posted by wadevb1

Just one mans opinion..

g

Unlike you and me, these gentleman pay to sell their products. There is only one person whose vote counts and he paid a visit to the thread and it has been been business per usual.

Some of the caps and frequent bumps is a minor annoyance (to me), but you have to take the good with the bad.

Not my place to tell Rick how to run his business.
I got yer Birthday and Santa Clause wink
Fare enough
I just looked at a couple of the ads and in addition to the constant "to the top" bumps I saw two things interesting on some of the posts. One guy accepts PayPal but want's it sent as a gift or 4% added. SO a person running a business believes it's right to cheat another business (PP) out of their fees. Plus sending the money as a gift means you have no recourse if they screw you.

Then another guy wants you to agree that he is not responsible (you are) if the knife gets lost or damaged in the mail??? WTF is that? He shipped so he's responsible for it getting to you undamaged. The buyer would not even be able to file a claim because he wasn't the one sending it. So he could send it any cheap way he wants to because he's not responsible for it once it leaves his hands.

There are some very talented knife makers on here who seem to not understand business. Plus one guy who doesn't understand the way damascus is supposed to lay on a knife.
© 24hourcampfire