-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lets all take breath. 24 campfire now and probably for the foreseeable future is the best "Forums" out there for outdoors in any format. Lets remember we are all brothers here with the exception of Brickhouse, lol just kiddin ya man. and enjoy what we got. Let's not sweat the small sh*t. smile

Last edited by j2dogs; 11/30/13.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a knives classified but we do need a special "Preview" classified section.

It would only be available to members with over 10,000 posts so we could preview the items for sale and snatch them up before all of these FNG's cast their eyes on them...

wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by TexasShooter

While I've never posted a For Sale post and likely never will, having an ad in proximity to the other ads vastly increases exposure and likelihood of a sale.

Hoarder . . . you need some professional help.

Mike

"Living dangerously is twice blessed -- it blesses the moment with elation; it blesses the after-day with warm memories." Major P.J. Pretorius
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Should there be a complaint category?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
After reading Vince's response, and advice for action, I'm guessing that he actually *pays* for the use of what the rest of us benefit from, that being the *free* classifieds here.

So if he's paying, and that allows others like me to play for free, who am I to complain.

Actually, we should probably be thanking the paying "commercial" posters here, not condemning them.

IC B2

S
slammer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Having been on the fire for nearly a decade, I agree that it is the best forum on the internet. There is a ton of good info on the various forums and the classifieds have always been a great place for individuals to sell and buy. My intention for the post was to not to stir the pot but to ask a question that would initiate feedback that may be helpful in improving the site.

I also realize that the fire might be free to us members but it is not to Rick Bin. It is a business and without selling ads there is no fire. When I see an occasional ad post by folks like Muleymike or Doug at Cameraland, it catches my eye and I check them out. I get it - these are the guys that allow the fire to continue.

No doubt there are a lot of guys that have varying opinions and I expected that. Someone said it's Rick's decision and not ours which is totally true but maybe it will give him something to think about.

There was also a suggestion about putting multiple knives on one post. That would certainly cut down on the amount of posts but I am not sure how that would affect sales for the sellers. Once again, it's Rick's baby and his decision. I just asked the question to see what the pulse was.

Hey if nothing changes, then we just keep on scrolling like we've been doing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't mind having the 3-4 most popular items divided into sub-categories and then have an "everything else" category, like many forums have it set up. However, it ain't keepin' me awake at night either.

That said, it has been suggested more than once, and never happened, so......

Some forums also only allow one bump per day, due to people who feel they are more important than others. Usually these sites do not allow posting in ads except by the seller. I'm kinda "indifferent" on these rules, myself.

But I will continue to happily play the cards we have been dealt on a FREE classifieds that I think we all (should) appreciate having at our disposal..........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh yes. And I HATE trying to read anything in all CAPS, also. But nobody is forcing anybody to read anything, and not opening such an ad is always an option for those who choose to complain about it........

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Without a doubt the best classifieds on the net for outdoors related items. I don't know that I would encourage any changes at all. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
How hard is it to skip past a thread your not interested in?

I too would like to see the knives separate, but I have no problem dealing with it the way it is.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
******INSANE******!!!!!!......

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I like the variety that the classifieds have here. I think it's the best classified of any outdoor forum on the web. Only one place to look, and you can always use the search feature to help narrow your search. Wouldn't change a thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I can understand knives being for sale here, We sell stuff here,

What I can't understand, is people who use this forum for gossip,or questions, when we have 58 other forum's for that purpose.

I'll buy the fricken knife, but I'm not buying questions.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It's up to Rick Bin. For the knife sellers who are doing it as a business, I sure hope he gets a fee from them, as it seems that they abuse the honor system pretty heavily. I gave up clicking on any of their posts, and have decided to never buy one of their products.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
How bout the guys that are only selling guns in the classifieds and never post anywhere else?

Like a bunch of old hens. Everyone wants less government but they want to get into every ones bizness...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
So this is what a bitchfest looks like?? A bunch of grown men taking cheap shots at Backwoods and Bradshaw because of their posting style?? You don't like CAPS scroll the hell past it. My goodness. I own a bunch of bills knives and he's always been a gentleman to deal with who I'm virtually certain pays to sell here.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by slg888
I like the classifieds just the way they are...A Smorgasbord of outdoor sh*t all together. Just scroll on by if you don't like it.

==>>>>>ALTHOUGH THE ADS WITH CAPS ARE INGNORANT AND F*CKING RETARDED IMO. ***INSANE***::!!!!
INSANE HUNTER...!!!CRAZY WOOD!!!!SUPER SHARP***EDC SLICER!!!

FOR SALE*******Bushnell !!!********POS!!!!

STFU!

Better now...

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is not necessary to change a great forum to suit a few. There is an "ignore" function for those who are easily offended. eek

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by pal
It is not necessary to change a great forum to suit a few. There is an "ignore" function for those who are easily offended. eek

LIKE!!!

I am one gun away from happy
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I bought a couple of knives here. I never knew I needed them till I saw them. LMAO!!!

NRA Benefactor Member
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1936M71, 12344mag, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,551 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,686
Posts18,475,107
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.