Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ryanjay11
Originally Posted by VinceM
I guess ryanjay didn't get the memo

Sorry, I didn't want to create multiple threads for the knives, but it wouldn't allow me to post all of the images without doing a bunch of posts. I thought it would be confusing if I did that so I just made a different thread for each one. If my 5 knives are causing you worries, it won't be for long. After these sell, it will be a long time before I list any for sale again. This represents several years of "collecting" and all of the sudden, I became a collector. I'm sure you understand.

Originally Posted by BW

I found his recent classified posts to be just about perfect.

Incredible photography, accurate descriptions, easy to find price, and transaction requirements laid out in clear and plain language.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...arles_May_custom_handi_scand#Post8313104

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../1/Dan_Crotts_custom_hunting_knif#UNREAD

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8312644/Dan_Crotts_filet#Post8312644

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...592/Dan_Crotts_Brend_Skinner#Post8312592

Again, that's how it's done.

Now if I can just manage to not buy that fillet knife. It's nice!

I appreciate it. I try be as upfront as possible in all dealings.

Ryan your reasoning of the "one post with multiple knives being too confusing" was the way I saw it too. But now I'll try it "all in one" for now,see how that goes

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I rarely look at the knives for sale as I have too many now. I don't sell on here much but when I do post an ad and then someone posts 5 or more ads on top of mine, I am on the second page before I know it. I guess I just want as much exposure without all the TTT's. As you know this is my opinion and we all have one as well as ...

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
+1 Mark. Not one single member dislikes knifes in the classifieds. It's all about having respect toward other members/dealers postings. That's it plain & simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No use for classified cowboys selling anything.. If you are running a business on the 24 Hour Classifieds, you're not welcome as far as I am concerned.

If you have stuff to sell that has become excess to you, then I personally welcome whatever it is that you are selling..

Just one mans opinion..

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by GeoW
No use for classified cowboys selling anything.. If you are running a business on the 24 Hour Classifieds, you're not welcome as far as I am concerned.

If you have stuff to sell that has become excess to you, then I personally welcome whatever it is that you are selling..

Just one mans opinion..

g
your vote doesn't count

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Counts more than you think.. wink

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I think not

Last edited by rickmenefee; 12/05/13.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm waiting for $5 bricks of 22LR to start showing up for sale from our resident hoarders/gougers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The knife posts don't bother me. The posts without pics, of this that and the other, on the other hand are a waste of time and space IMO.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yip

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
I think not

It ain't nothin' for me to whup a man's ass. Ever had yer ass whipped?

I'll kick your ass so hard you can cough and fart at the same time.

How big ole boy are you?

grin

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My dad can beat up your dad.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
My dad can beat up your dad.

My dad'll kick yer dads ass so hard he'll have to clear his throat to fart.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Just one mans opinion..

g

Unlike you and me, these gentleman pay to sell their products. There is only one person whose vote counts and he paid a visit to the thread and it has been been business per usual.

Some of the caps and frequent bumps is a minor annoyance (to me), but you have to take the good with the bad.

Not my place to tell Rick how to run his business.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wadevb1
...Not my place to tell Rick how to run his business.

Certainly not. But members can shun any vendor who becomes a pest or who simply lacks good taste and judgement.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Bingo- Pleas don't let Geow take my birthday away!
Originally Posted by wadevb1

Just one mans opinion..

g

Unlike you and me, these gentleman pay to sell their products. There is only one person whose vote counts and he paid a visit to the thread and it has been been business per usual.

Some of the caps and frequent bumps is a minor annoyance (to me), but you have to take the good with the bad.

Not my place to tell Rick how to run his business.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got yer Birthday and Santa Clause wink

Thomas Jefferson

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Fare enough

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I just looked at a couple of the ads and in addition to the constant "to the top" bumps I saw two things interesting on some of the posts. One guy accepts PayPal but want's it sent as a gift or 4% added. SO a person running a business believes it's right to cheat another business (PP) out of their fees. Plus sending the money as a gift means you have no recourse if they screw you.

Then another guy wants you to agree that he is not responsible (you are) if the knife gets lost or damaged in the mail??? WTF is that? He shipped so he's responsible for it getting to you undamaged. The buyer would not even be able to file a claim because he wasn't the one sending it. So he could send it any cheap way he wants to because he's not responsible for it once it leaves his hands.

There are some very talented knife makers on here who seem to not understand business. Plus one guy who doesn't understand the way damascus is supposed to lay on a knife.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (257Bob, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1234, 257man, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 13,873 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,841
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.