Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by BACKWOODSCUSTOMKNIVES
Lol this thread is on ignore..Everyone has opinions that's what this amounts to,,

I'm going out on a limb and say you're annoying as he!!.

LOL
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

You don't at all see the point. That post was a much more professional presentation and very appealing to a potential buyer than many of the current proliferation of commercial posts.

I disagree with your summation, as you can see from his posts below yours it would appear evident that the fellow was agreeing with RickBin...not with the point or validity of the post.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Lol this thread is on ignore..Everyone has opinions that's what this amounts to,,

I'm going out on a limb and say you're annoying as he!!.

Which is why I will not purchase from him.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At least the knife makers add pictures of their goods. Can't say that about a lot of the gun guys. Lazy bastards grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Originally Posted by RickBin

Agreed!

Of course I see your point, The gentle man had his post in a group buy,He is not a maker that makes single knives a day to sale,Those were unused from his collection.A whole different situation than ours.

You don't at all see the point. That post was a much more professional presentation and very appealing to a potential buyer than many of the current proliferation of commercial posts.

Wait! I think I have the solution!
What we need is a forum on selling, professional presentation, marketing etiquette, etc. Not to mention photography tips to best show the finer attributes of the item being sold. Then the ad could be assessed by a chosen few to make sure it was in accordance with said policies and procedures. Then after a vote of the chosen few it could be posted or rejected as the case may be. Then and only then would the subjects be allowed to view said ad.

Maybe at that point all the whining and bitching could be directed at those who approved the ad for publication to the general forum.

That being said (partly tongue in cheek), These knifemakers are exactly that, knifemakers! They bust their asses, putting heart and soul into their products and try to bring them to the public to assess and let them see the quality and dedication they put in their work and try to get some reward for their efforts (money and recognition) only to be chastised by some nitpicking bullshit from some better than thou types who always find something wrong with everything. Maybe you should look in the mirror and make sure every little aspect in your life is beyond reproach.

A little insight into my post: Casey is my son, who I'm very proud of. I see him every day building knives, 10-12 hours a day, out of nothing but a chunk of steel into something that is truly beautiful and useful with nothing more than a grinding wheel and forge. I encouraged him to post on this forum because I thought the both he and the Campfire would benefit from his work, maybe I was wrong. Butch

The beatings will continue until morale improves
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You'er spot on they are art and the cry babies need to wash the sand out of their vags and scroll past

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Wait! I think I have the solution!
What we need is a forum on selling, professional presentation, marketing etiquette, etc. Not to mention photography tips to best show the finer attributes of the item being sold. Then the ad could be assessed by a chosen few to make sure it was in accordance with said policies and procedures. Then after a vote of the chosen few it could be posted or rejected as the case may be. Then and only then would the subjects be allowed to view said ad.

Maybe at that point all the whining and bitching could be directed at those who approved the ad for publication to the general forum.

That being said (partly tongue in cheek), These knifemakers are exactly that, knifemakers! They bust their asses, putting heart and soul into their products and try to bring them to the public to assess and let them see the quality and dedication they put in their work and try to get some reward for their efforts (money and recognition) only to be chastised by some nitpicking bullshit from some better than thou types who always find something wrong with everything. Maybe you should look in the mirror and make sure every little aspect in your life is beyond reproach.

A little insight into my post: Casey is my son, who I'm very proud of. I see him every day building knives, 10-12 hours a day, out of nothing but a chunk of steel into something that is truly beautiful and useful with nothing more than a grinding wheel and forge. I encouraged him to post on this forum because I thought the both he and the Campfire would benefit from his work, maybe I was wrong. Butch [/quote]

Thanks for posting Butch, Id be a proud father aswell,Casey is great knifemaker An friend, We don't fret the small [bleep], An try to be professional in everyway , And in doing are work an adds aswell.But that's impossible in some cases as it is here.Atleast we have a lot of great folks like you to back us when we are getting thrown under the bus,And I appreciate it. We wont put are tales down and run.Will still be here plugging away while they find something else or someone else to complain about..This forum is a favor given to everyone,But some think they will run it or ruin it for everyone

"I LIVE LIFE ON THE CUTTING EDGE"
"MOST SAY MY KNIVES ARE AN ADDICTION,ARE YOU THE NEXT ADDICT"
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Let them post here...I'd much rather see these nice knives than I phones, etc.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We wont put are tales down and run.Will still be here plugging away while they find something else or someone else to complain about..This forum is a favor given to everyone,But some think they will run it or ruin it for everyone
Shhh....it's ok....shhh. This forum is built on people that join and participate in firearm/hunting discussions, and OUR word of mouth and postings bring more members to create a very large site that makes it attractive to a knife builder like yourself to post products and sell without paying fees I'm betting.

I see nowhere in this thread members ask you to "run with tales down". I see suggestions by YOUR CUSTOMERS and the SITE OWNER to combine listings. And there were other suggestions on removing CAPS. imo using caps is disrespectful to your competition including Vince and YOUR customers listings., plus I don't think members are blind.

I know a lot guys here personally and nobody's "cryin" or gives a [bleep] over the knife postings by dealers, many were just giving there opinion. I've purchased a couple customs off 24hr & enjoy window shopping knife listings here..... Keep'em coming!

Knife Dealers should do a daily free custom knife give-away to members, that's my suggestion. smile

Merry Xmas & GFY people. laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CRAZY RIDICULOUS INSANE IN ALL CAPS IS JUST.............gay, IMO.

That said, I really don't care how they choose to post their ads, although trying to find the price in all that mess can be quite challenging at times.....

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't mess with Vince he'll sic Frank Mundus on you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

First rule of business is the customers are always right.
Responding with posts that only piss off potential customers is not a wise decision.
If you can afford to be stubborn and resist suggestions, more power to you,
If you want to sell, maybe you should tone it down a bit

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slg888
We wont put are tales down and run.Will still be here plugging away while they find something else or someone else to complain about..This forum is a favor given to everyone,But some think they will run it or ruin it for everyone
Shhh....it's ok....shhh. This forum is built on people that join and participate in firearm/hunting discussions, and OUR word of mouth and postings bring more members to create a very large site that makes it attractive to a knife builder like yourself to post products and sell without paying fees I'm betting.

I see nowhere in this thread members ask you to "run with tales down". I see suggestions by YOUR CUSTOMERS and the SITE OWNER to combine listings. And there were other suggestions on removing CAPS. imo using caps is disrespectful to your competition including Vince and YOUR customers listings., plus I don't think members are blind.

I know a lot guys here personally and nobody's "cryin" or gives a [bleep] over the knife postings by dealers, many were just giving there opinion. I've purchased a couple customs off 24hr & enjoy window shopping knife listings here..... Keep'em coming!

Knife Dealers should do a daily free custom knife give-away to members, that's my suggestion. smile

Merry Xmas & GFY people. laugh

Shhh, Better get your imagination fixed, I did pay to sale here , I bet your the recipient of freebies???

Last edited by BACKWOODSCUSTOMKNIVES; 12/02/13.

"I LIVE LIFE ON THE CUTTING EDGE"
"MOST SAY MY KNIVES ARE AN ADDICTION,ARE YOU THE NEXT ADDICT"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Ohio, who would have guessed.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You sure you ain't from Michigan Scott, cuz you sure sound like it? laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Backwoods,

There comes when one should disengage in an argument.

BTW, I never looked at any of your products until this thread appeared. You and the others make some nice looking cutlery.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Did anyone read RickBin's very brief post above and look at his referenced post?
Time to stop the drivel and move on.
JMHO
TIM

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I bet your the recipient of freebies???
Nah, I don't need any doorstops.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Back on topic ....

Originally Posted by slammer
Just wondering if there should be a Classified forum for knives only?

Seems like a good idea to me. We have subforums for all the firearms topics, why not a sub-forum for knives classifieds since there Do seem to be a lot of them. THUMBSUP

Ret USN
NRA Life, NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ..... lasts forever.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If there was such a place, it would be mighty dangerous whistle

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 13,343 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,161
Posts18,542,886
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.