Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
I read on this very site, all the time, that "poor people" sit around all day, and cash checks for tons of money, whilst the rest of us have to work our asses off.

And those poor people go to Hawaii with their EBT cards from Texas! Dammit!

If that ain't class envy, I don't know what is.

You are sitting around, belly aching that a person in another class is spending money they haven't earned.

And that in a more equitable society, income would be based on (something else)

Sycamore

i get to beotch cause im paying for it and im not getting to sit around on my arse.....for [bleep] sake i prolly qualify for disability and i work a full time plus job and occasionally bartend a few afternoon shifts.....and in a place with nearly 30% unemployment numbers i cant even get anyone to apply for our ad sales/front office person position so i can quit trying to cover 3 positions and go back to just covering 2 smirk

Last edited by rattler; 12/03/13.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I read on this very site, all the time, that "poor people" sit around all day, and cash checks for tons of money, whilst the rest of us have to work our asses off.

You are sitting around, belly aching that a person in another class is spending money they haven't earned.

Sycamore

I thought you were smarter than that, Boy was I way the [bleep] off base. You're just as stupid as NWA, SAC or Ppine.

I thought maybe you were one of those liberals that understood the basics of society but were a little mislead on the other parts.

Guess not!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Better yet Sycamore I'm gonna give you a chance to put your money where your mouth is......

In the not to distant future I'm going to have to have back surgery, I'm trying to put it off as long as possible but it will be needed soon. So after the surgery I will be off work for 3 to 6 months the doc says, during that time my income will be drastically cut and money will be very, very, tight.

It would be great to have someone step up and fill in the gaps for me, Are you willing to step up?

Put it this way, I won't stand by the mailbox waiting for your check. It always good when it's someone else's money eh?

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
...sitting around, belly aching that a person in another class is spending money they haven't earned ....

that is the definition of class envy, and you know it.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not when that money was taken from me through threat of imprisonment.......aint class envy its being pissed at a government that takes money from me by force and gives it to another group in order to buy votes....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
...sitting around, belly aching that a person in another class is spending money they haven't earned ....

that is the definition of class envy, and you know it.

Sycamore

First of all I didn't say what you quoted above, You should learn how to use the features of this site.

Second, I would agree with the above statement if you took the n't off of haven't, "sitting around, belly aching that a person in another class is spending money they haven't earned" is just that "Belly Aching" I guarantee you any body sitting around bitchin' about that sure the hell don't want ot be in that position.

Sitting around, belly aching that a person in another class has to much money and thinking they should give it to you just because you should have it, well that is class envy and jealousy, neither of which is good.

Third, ...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of wrong....again.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler
not when that money was taken from me through threat of imprisonment.......aint class envy its being pissed at a government that takes money from me by force and gives it to another group in order to buy votes....

Now there you go again, harshin' on the deefense budget AND the farm subsidies!! shame on you!

Sycamore

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Paul,

you are wrong about what the article said, and wrong about what I think.

Which isn't uncommon, anytime someone throws up "class envy".

Nothing in that article talked about re-distributing income, it talked about how there was a whole segment of jobs gone missing.

I hear a ton of people on this site bitching about poor people who don't have work.

But anytime someone mentions those industrial high paying jobs are fewer and fewer in America, they are accused of all kinds of things.

Also, in case you didn't notice, or read that far, I wasn't the author of the article, nor did I require, cajole, or request you to agree with its premise.

I found it interesting, and re-posted it.

From that, you were able to tell my politics, my voting record, my batting record in the Connie Mack World Series, and the last time I had a bowel movement.

You should be on Wall Street, with your abilities.

Sycamore

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A dictionary would save you some embarrassment.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Actually, a dictionary would save you some typing.

Sycamore

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Keep digging. Envy Words already have meanings. We don't need the left to redefine them for us.

Last edited by 280shooter; 12/04/13.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Equivocation - the necessary tool of leftist propaganda.

eg. disagreement must morph into hate or ya can't get folks hated.

Syc, you can do better.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Paul,

you are wrong about what the article said, and wrong about what I think.

Which isn't uncommon, anytime someone throws up "class envy".

Nothing in that article talked about re-distributing income, it talked about how there was a whole segment of jobs gone missing.

I hear a ton of people on this site bitching about poor people who don't have work.

But anytime someone mentions those industrial high paying jobs are fewer and fewer in America, they are accused of all kinds of things.

Also, in case you didn't notice, or read that far, I wasn't the author of the article, nor did I require, cajole, or request you to agree with its premise.

I found it interesting, and re-posted it.

From that, you were able to tell my politics, my voting record, my batting record in the Connie Mack World Series, and the last time I had a bowel movement.

You should be on Wall Street, with your abilities.

Sycamore

You need to go back a couple of steps. I didn't respond to the story you posted I responded to the post you made, I will quote it for you below in case you forgot what you said.

Sycamore

To be honest with you I could give a [bleep] less what the story said. I cannot tell your politics by the story you posted but I can figure with pretty good certainty your politics by the posts that you make.

Let me see.......

Your a liberal not a progressive or at least a liberal who doesn't know he's a liberal yet.(there are lots of these around)

You believe that all folks are entitled to health care insurance whether or not they earn it.
you believe that all folks should be able to earn a good wage whether or not they want to earn it.
you believe the republican party is dead.
you believe It's possible I'm a racist because I don't like Obama
you believe I'm a republican.
You believe corporate America is to blame for the impoverishment of the poor and should be responsible for taking care of them.

I could go on and on but let me know how I'm doing so far.

You need to put on your listening ears! Is what you hear is people bitchin' about people who are capable of working but don't want to and instead play the system and get public assistance, IMO people who do this are lazy azz POS who don't deserve to be pissed on when their on fire. I can't remember one time of anyone hear bitchin' about some one who was legitimately disabled and receiving public assistance.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe the article indicates this is happening under capitalism now.

Sycamore
The problem with the article is that he somehow blames successful people for being successful and pretends that they are taking stuff away from the poor and middle class. That is communist redistribution philosophy.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sycamore, based on your comments, I am beginning to think that maybe you don't know the difference between "envy" and "disgust". Just in case, envy has to do with wanting things or conditions possessed by another - disgust has to do with deploring a situation or behavior.

I once experienced a guy who thought it made him look smart and important when he cut and pasted big articles onto a website, and then pretended to be a discussion leader with superior insight because he knew how to cut and paste.

It's the guys who know how to think and write that I admire here.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by CCCC

Who they be! Send em out. There are a lot here that grunt and belch bullshit in unison.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Sycamore, based on your comments, I am beginning to think that maybe you don't know the difference between "envy" and "disgust". Just in case, envy has to do with wanting things or conditions possessed by another - disgust has to do with deploring a situation or behavior.

I once experienced a guy who thought it made him look smart and important when he cut and pasted big articles onto a website, and then pretended to be a discussion leader with superior insight because he knew how to cut and paste.

CCCC,

Envy is envy. 'Class Envy' is looking around, and saying, "if those "others" had less, I would have more"

That is not limited to one party, or one income level.

Sycamore

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA
I believe the article indicates this is happening under capitalism now.

Sycamore
The problem with the article is that he somehow blames successful people for being successful and pretends that they are taking stuff away from the poor and middle class. That is communist redistribution philosophy.

Conrad,

I didn't see him blaming. I think he was observing there was a smaller and smaller middle. Which is a function of losing our manufacturing capacity, AND the fact that manufacturing needs more robots and less people now days. He was also saying it might stay like this for a long time.

Please go back and read the article in that light, see if you see what I saw.

Sycamore

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Who they be! Send em out. There are a lot here that grunt and belch bullshit in unison.

Said the pot to the kettle.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 22kHornet, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 2,219 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,360
Posts18,506,334
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.