Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 67 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 66 67
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fish head
I'll try once again.

Some of the most vile and despicable people I'VE EVER MET were Christians and not just Christians but pastors or ministers.

BUT ... I would never accuse a Christian(s) of being a vile and despicable person(s) without evidence to the contrary. To do so is the absolute definition of prejudice.

And you have never been deceived by a non Christian?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Stop being so damn defensive, the man is attempting to point out that there are good and bad in every lot.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Oklahoma
And did these elders also attend Sunday church service and claim to be Christians?????

Oh yes, boasted of it loud & often.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
People will screw up everything they get involved in, including Christianity. Just look around here at the 24HCF.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Stop being so damn defensive, the man is attempting to point out that there are good and bad in every lot.

Thank you.

That's exactly it. People are people no matter who "they" are, what they do, or what they believe in.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Reloder28
And did these elders also attend Sunday church service and claim to be Christians?????

So let's not let a few bad apples ruin the whole barrel...

I try to be a christian myself but I often find that I am not very good at it...but I still keep trying...

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Exactly. Every time someone says something about women Miss Lynn is right there to say 'Not all', which we in fact all know that already.

I don't dislike Tom because he's a 'Christian' or Kamo because he's Asian, I dislike them because they are [bleep]. Don't mean all Christians and Asians are [bleep].

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Freemasonry is a "works" based religion(yes, it is a religion), as opposed to the "grace" system of the Bible. Like all false religions it requires good "works" in order to reach ones final reward. Unlike other false systems in which the member doesn't know if he's done enough good to tip the scales in his favor at the end, freemasonry provides a cool way to keep track: the "degree" system. The higher one gets, the better the chances.

Since this, like all false systems, diverts people from the truth of God's word, Satan is quite pleased. That's his reason for being. The Bible says Satan can come "as an angel of light" and he does. Masons do much good, as Fish Head has alluded, but it gets no one to God.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I try to be a christian myself but I often find that I am not very good at it...but I still keep trying...

I understand. However, the wife, child & verbal abuse does not deserve the same forgiveness as "not very good at it".

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People are human. Organizations are full of them.

The organization doesn't make these people what they are. I doubt Masons teach racism or wife beating and I guess they wait a long time before introducing Satanism. ( note* - sarcasm)

I believe most people know they are flawed and want these organizations to help guide them to be better people by helping others. If BLRnuts example doesn't convince you nothing will.

There are bad priests
There are bad cops
There are bad teachers
There are bad 'fire members

Most aren't nor want to be but all were just people long before they signed up.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Correct, but it does not hold true according to what state in the union you live in, as fish head suggested in a post to me on this thread. Good and bad in all, everywhere. I just happened to be close to that world, and got to see more bad than good, and it left it's mark for me.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have had absolutely zero exposure to any of this, which is why I am following this thread.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I understand. However, the wife, child & verbal abuse does not deserve the same forgiveness as "not very good at it".

Not saying to forgive anybody for anything. Just pointing out that not all Freemason's are wife, child & verbal abusers...

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[quote=eyeball]I never saw any satan worship I was aware of, and neither has any other of many good and great men, or they wouldn't have been their.
The Satanic aspect is only gradually revealed as one progresses to higher levels, having already taken many oaths of perpetual loyalty and secrecy. It's a carefully guarded secret disguised in symbolism, but becomes more overtly revealed at the higher levels. It is for this reason it was condemned by the Catholic Church since its origin.

The Grand Architect of the Universe does not refer to the God of the Bible, but rather to Satan who warred against God and was cast down. Low and medium level Freemasons are misled to believe that the Grand Architect of the Universe refers to God so they feel comfortable becoming gradually more committed to the organization without it conflicting with their Christian sensibilities.

In reply to TRH re this^^^

According to the writings of many Baptist and other missionaries to countries in South America in the early 1900's, they were in some degree of danger for their lives from the predominant Catholic Church power in the region which wasn't happy to have anyone challenge their position there either.

Last edited by eyeball; 12/07/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spud
Freemasonry is a "works" based religion(yes, it is a religion), as opposed to the "grace" system of the Bible. Like all false religions it requires good "works" in order to reach ones final reward. Unlike other false systems in which the member doesn't know if he's done enough good to tip the scales in his favor at the end, freemasonry provides a cool way to keep track: the "degree" system. The higher one gets, the better the chances.

Since this, like all false systems, diverts people from the truth of God's word, Satan is quite pleased. That's his reason for being. The Bible says Satan can come "as an angel of light" and he does. Masons do much good, as Fish Head has alluded, but it gets no one to God.
Summed up. Whether or not the charges leveled at the uppermost Masonry are justified or slanderous, need not even enter into the conversation when the point is made this way. Most Masons are Church members (just a totally subjective observation), so why can't they just do Church work?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ha JStuart. You are going to have zero exposure after this thread also, if you mean learning something about the original subject.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't care who people are or what they claim to be.
I do distrust those who try to trade on beliefs or so called standing in a attempt to promote business or personal relationships,
For instance, someone gives me a business card that states his is a "christian business" will never get a call. grin
Not likely I would do business with the same guy if his card read "mason"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow...Masons are devil worshipers? Some of you folk are past funny and just plain fuggin' stupid.

I'll take Masons over the brand of Christianity typically on display here.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 6 of 67 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (375sunrise, 35, 6mmbrfan, 35WhelenNut, 673, 264mag, 15 invisible), 961 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,894
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.