Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 67 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 66 67
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Batchief909
There is no such thing as a 32nd Degree Mason. Scottish Rite,,yes. Masonry only has 3 degrees.
Well, what you say doesn't align at all with what I've heard all my life about my uncle from his and my close relatives, i.e., that he was a Shriner, and had attained the 32nd Degree in Freemasonry, which, I was told, is a requirement for becoming a Shriner. I've seen the pictures of him with the full Shriner accoutrements, hat, and whatnot, since I was a kid. He had a full-honors Shriner's funeral.

GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by snubbie
It is not my intent to insult anyone or their dad. As I said, many good and respectable persons have been waylaid by satan's schemes, lies, and deception. Doesn't make that person any more bad than the next, including me(or any less responsible because of ignorance.)

It's just what satan does and has done from the beginning. "he is a liar and the father of all lies."
I'll also repeat, true Christianity and Freemasonry is not compatable. If a person is not a true follower of Christ, then it doesn't really much matter and this whole discussion is irrelevant.

And I expect most, if not all modern organized religion will fall into Satans power through their love of the almighty dollar if it hasn't already, as did the spiritual leaders of Jesus' day.

Organized religion will be one of the heads of the four headed beast.

Last edited by eyeball; 12/07/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There is no such thing as a 32nd Degree Mason. Scottish Rite,,yes. Masonry only has 3 degrees.
Could it be they haven't yet told you about the degrees above three? wink

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
True, but it is interesting to see how people are using the language to ignore and obfuscate when it is required.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow...Masons are devil worshipers? Some of you folk are past funny and just plain fuggin' stupid.

I'll take Masons over the brand of Christianity typically on display here.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Stop being so damn defensive, the man is attempting to point out that there are good and bad in every lot.

Correct, but it does not hold true according to what state in the union you live in, as fish head suggested in a post to me on this thread. Good and bad in all, everywhere. I just happened to be close to that world, and got to see more bad than good, and it left it's mark for me.

I happened to see the exact opposite and there wasn't any bad ... at all.

My dad was more involved with his Greeter's Group than in the in the lodge itself. The group of inductees, wives and family included, were really nice people. Their thing was more social in nature versus abiding by and being "all in" with the Lodge. That's not to say they weren't involved with the Lodge though.

It was a group of like minded people that were veterans, business owners, professionals, and working class people that were just ordinary every day good folks. There were no wife beaters, drunks, or anything of the kind among them. It wouldn't have been tolerated ... ever.

When we moved my dad attended a few meetings at the Lodge in our new city but he didn't find the same things he valued so much in his prior Lodge. I don't recall what it was exactly and he lost interest but he stayed in touch with the Greeters until he died. A few even attended his funeral.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stop being so damn defensive, the man is attempting to point out that there are good and bad in every lot.

I sure am glad you are here. whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I heard they hide in closets nekkid and jump out and scare each other.

No, that is just the ones with the title of "father", once they get to Dean they get super powers.

Yeah, like the Pope. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I'm not a Mason, but have done research on the subject. In this day and age I am continually surprised by what sheeple don't know. If one cares to do some research, they will find that not only are there 32nd Degree Masons, but also 33rd Degree Masons.

Tim

"I hate rude behaviour in a man .....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) The Movie "Lonesome Dove"

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

You must be a Mason to ever become part of the Shriners,,Scottish Rite,,,etc. The 3rd degree of Masonry is the Master Mason Degree, which is the highest degree which one can obtain in Free Masonry in the Blue Lodge. To tell you more would involve more than knocking your teeth out. cool

We can twist words all day... wink There are also entirely different by-laws for each organization. I could also call you ignorant,,,but that's already obvious.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

I sure am glad you are here. whistle

So am I, I like the entertainment.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You must be a Mason to ever become part of the Shriners,,Scottish Rite,,,etc. The 3rd degree of Masonry is the Master Mason Degree, which is the highest degree which one can obtain in Free Masonry in the Blue Lodge. To tell you more would involve more than knocking your teeth out. cool
I already know more than you on the subject, since I know that there are more than three degrees in Freemasonry, my uncle having been a 32nd Degree Freemason and a Shriner.

PS I guess you're free to try knocking me out.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Exactly. Every time someone says something about women Miss Lynn is right there to say 'Not all', which we in fact all know that already.

I don't dislike Tom because he's a 'Christian' or Kamo because he's Asian, I dislike them because they are [bleep]. Don't mean all Christians and Asians are [bleep].

When was Kamo an A-hole? And I think it is safe to say some here would talk about black pots and kettles, Steel. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, what you say doesn't align at all with what I've heard all my life about my uncle from his and my close relatives, i.e., that he was a Shriner, and had attained the 32nd Degree in Freemasonry, which, I was told, is a requirement for becoming a Shriner. I've seen the pictures of him with the full Shriner accoutrements, hat, and whatnot, since I was a kid. He had a full-honors Shriner's funeral.

Accoutrements and Whatnots? But, did he ever have one of them cool, tricked-out clown cars for the parade?.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Being a tiny bit knowledgeable of Freemasonry I am very entertained by what the certain few know-it-alls have to say about the Fraternity.

I do know the Catholic Church has condemned Freemasonry. That in itself may indicate Freemasons aren't too bad.

I'll just keep traveling and seeking.. Who knows, I may find some Lodge Masters diddling DeMolays.... but I doubt it smile

Geo

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I heard they hide in closets nekkid and jump out and scare each other.

No, that is just the ones with the title of "father", once they get to Dean they get super powers.

Yeah, like the Pope. wink

Which one MK1 (retired) or MK2...makes one wonder what MK1 was dipping his wick into, doesn't it.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Exactly. Every time someone says something about women Miss Lynn is right there to say 'Not all', which we in fact all know that already.

I don't dislike Tom because he's a 'Christian' or Kamo because he's Asian, I dislike them because they are [bleep]. Don't mean all Christians and Asians are [bleep].

When was Kamo an A-hole? And I think it is safe to say some here would talk about black pots and kettles, Steel. wink

Aholes of a feather

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by GeoW
Being a tiny bit knowledgeable of Freemasonry I am very entertained by what the certain few know-it-alls have to say about the Fraternity.

I do know the Catholic Church has condemned Freemasonry. That in itself may indicate Freemasons aren't too bad.

I'll just keep traveling and seeking.. Who knows, I may find some Lodge Masters diddling DeMolays.... but I doubt it smile

Geo

Did we not obtain the 32nd degree?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know much about the nuts and bolts of Masonry, but I have grave reservations about any secret organization who's members are so prevalent in Public Office..

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Since he hasn't invited me to dine on his lovely wife's cooking.

Page 7 of 67 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (375sunrise, 338reddog, 10Glocks, 35, 35WhelenNut, 264mag, 16 invisible), 964 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,894
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.