Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 67 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 66 67
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
First off let me thank Craftsman for his accurate post.

I am a Mason and very proud to be one.

I am a Christian, specifically a Presbyterian. I beleive the Lord Jesus Christ is my personal savior, I believe in Heaven, and I believe in prayer.

OK, the Masons say you must believe in a supreme being, yes much like the Boy Scouts. You can't be an atheist and be in either organization.

These are my opinions and they are based on facts, but being opinions, they also have beliefs involved.

The same folks who started this country are the same folks who started the Protestant Reformation, and are the same folks who started the current FreeMason fraternity. These things occured at different times over a couple of hundred years, but it involved oppressed Anglo-Saxons. I am Scots-Irish and my people have been here since before the Revolutionary War. It is no secret that their beliefs are similar. So in other words our country was not founded specifically on Masonic virtues, it is just that the virtues are the same.

Now the reason the catholic church has a problem with FreeMasonry is because the Masons do not believe in state sponsored religion. The catholics do, just look at the Vatican. The fact that Cardinal Ratzinger, later Pope, and presently resigned pope is one of the biggest opponents to FreeMasonry is no surprize. These Masons don't like state sponsored religion, and also scrutinized the Vaticans banking. Hmmmm, didn't Pope Benedict resign over the books?

Now to the Baptists. The Baptists are victims of themselves. In the 1960's and earlier, and to some degree in the 1970's most of a churches elders were all good Masons; many pastors were Masons as well. I kind of blame Pat Robertson, who is an avowed enemy of FreeMasonry and Jerry Falwell for causing Baptists specifically and Christians in general to question their compatibility with FreeMasons. I will give Pat and Jerry the benfit of the doubt and blame it on egos, but it may be financial. Now the main reason they say the two are incompatible is Christianity says if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, then you will live forever in his house, the Masons teach that if you live a good life and help your fellow man then you will go to Heaven. This is their big gripe as to why a Mason can't be a Christian. FreeMasonry is not a religion. it is religious, but it only requires you to believe in a higher power and does not replace your religion in any way, shape, or form.

There is a little merit to this joke:

Muslims do not recognize any religion except their own.

Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of Christianity.

Baptists don't recognize each other at the liquor store.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my family the Masons were a big deal, in my father's generation and before.
When I was a kid I was encouraged to join Demolay. I was in the Explorer Scouts at the time, so I asked what sort of activities they had. They didn't mention hiking, camping, canoeing and such, sounded pretty dull so I passed.
As an adult, as much as I am capable of, I didn'r hear anything that would cause me to spend the time and money to join.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yep, there is an issue here: sbrmike wrote:

"the Masons teach that if you live a good life and help your fellow man then you will go to Heaven."

This sounds very familiar to me. My father would have been in agreement with that. If this is correct, it seems to me that this is a "religious" teaching that is in conflict with mainline Christianity.

If you are in a lodge that promotes that teaching, would that make it a religious teaching?

Gotta go...

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by birddog65
creationist ---yes. young earth timeline----NO
Theistic evolution is what I believe. a bit off topic.

Check out the people behind the video you posted.
Serious young earth creationist and deniers of science.
You may wish to consider what this says about their credibility.
It says nothing about credibility on this topic. They are not related topics.

I might think my plumber to be wrongheaded on economics were he a devotee of Lord Keynes but, assuming he otherwise persuaded me of his competence as a plumber, that fact wouldn't affect the weight I gave to his recommendations concerning the plumbing in my home.

Yours is termed the logical fallacy argumentum ad hominem.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I might think my plumber is wrongheaded on economics if he's a devote' of Lord Keynes but, assuming he otherwise persuaded me of his competence as a plumber, that fact wouldn't affect the weight I gave to his recommendations concerning the plumbing in my home.

So, if a drug addicted, syphilitic, lesbian produced a film on motherhood and care for children it would be okay as they are unrelated topics?

Really.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Masons are rotten to the core.

Because they allow humans into their fellowship.

It's a common failing in all organizations.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There he is,..wondered where Curdog was at...

I'm disappointed that Bristoe hasn't chirped in, I imagine he's got something to say, good or bad about Masons..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Deerwhacker,

Do you have a hankerin' for blood sausage this morning?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by birddog65
creationist ---yes. young earth timeline----NO
Theistic evolution is what I believe. a bit off topic.

Check out the people behind the video you posted.
Serious young earth creationist and deniers of science.
You may wish to consider what this says about their credibility.

I might think my plumber to be wrongheaded on economics were he a devotee of Lord Keynes but, assuming he otherwise persuaded me of his competence as a plumber, that fact wouldn't affect the weight I gave to his recommendations concerning the plumbing in my home.

Yours is termed the logical fallacy argumentum ad hominem.

Did you watch the first 5 minutes where they claim the Masons are in control of the world banking system?

Doesn't this conflict with your theory that it's the Jews that are in control of the world banking system?

Or all the Masons all Jews?

Or is the discovery institute who made the film just full of wack-a-doodles???

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
There he is,..wondered where Curdog was at...

I'm disappointed that Bristoe hasn't chirped in, I imagine he's got something to say, good or bad about Masons..

Don't worry, he'll be along soon. I just mentioned Jews.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I guess it all depends on how you look at it or take it. My take is right upfront the Mason's require you to believe in a higher power; they also tell you that nothing in the Masons goes against any religion. Atheists are not a religion in the Masons, mine, or any rational person. They use this reference to heaven so that they are not excluding Jews, Hindus, Buddhists etc, who do not hold Jesus Christ as high as Christians do. Again the Masons tried to make it generic, but being the WASPs that started the current form of the fraternity, their backgrounds are in the blueprints. Try as they may have to be generic, they knew what they knew. We're human.

My big issue is this was nothing new. Pat Robertson doesn't like Masons and this is the only way he could sway his followers to agree with him. Many pastors in earlier times, especially in the south were Masons.

The way I take it is the Masons are just putting a little emphasis on being a better person, with charity towards the less fortunate. I do not see it as a conflict with my Christian religion. I do not consider FreeMasonry as my religion, or as any religion at all. It is more like a supplement.
Originally Posted by TF49
Yep, there is an issue here: sbrmike wrote:

"the Masons teach that if you live a good life and help your fellow man then you will go to Heaven."

This sounds very familiar to me. My father would have been in agreement with that. If this is correct, it seems to me that this is a "religious" teaching that is in conflict with mainline Christianity.

If you are in a lodge that promotes that teaching, would that make it a religious teaching?

Gotta go...

TF

Last edited by sbrmike; 12/08/13.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I was turkey hunting once and came up on a Mason ritual in the woods.

They were nailing a baby to a tree.

true story.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Craftsman

George Washington and 19 of his generals were freemasons. Paul Revere, Ben Franklin. Heros of the Alamo, Davy Crockett, Jim Bowie, Stephen F. Austin, William B. Travis and Juan Seguin. At San Jacinto, Sam Houston. Harry Truman was a Grand Master. John Wayne. Buzz Aldrin.

Well, now, who should I believe? A 32nd degree Scottish Right Mason, or a known paranoid screwball who thinks John Wayne was a Satan-worshiper?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Did you watch the first 5 minutes where they claim the Masons are in control of the world banking system?

Doesn't this conflict with your theory that it's the Jews that are in control of the world banking system?
I've never said "the Jews" are in control of world banking. That's rather like saying "the Italians" are in control of the numbers racket in Chicago.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I've never said "the Jews" are in control of world banking. That's rather like saying "the Italians" are in control of the numbers racket in Chicago.

Ah, So you think they are one of several mob type organizations in control of the financial systems.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/08/13.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

I was turkey hunting once and came up on a Mason ritual in the woods.

They were nailing a baby to a tree.

true story.

Good times. grin

Did you join?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
335 replies.

Is 500 possible?

Will Masons consume all the babies in the world?

Does anybody know for sure?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Hmm, I just turned CBS Sunday Morning and there were the FreeMasons�big as life.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Coincidence? Freemasons control the media and are watching this thread.

Carpe' Scrotum
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/inside-the-secret-world-of-the-freemasons/

The entire video should be up soon.

I only watched it because of this thread. crazy

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Page 17 of 67 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (7mm_Loco, AB2506, 673, 264mag, 44automag, 450yukon, 14 invisible), 996 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,886
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.