Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 67 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 66 67
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Other than Catholics, what other organized Christianity has condemned Masons that may well be members of their church?
Someone already posted where Baptists determined it was incompatible with Christianity.

Another group that think they are the only ones in Heaven.

Another reading comprehension issue! I suggest both mentioning Baptist re-read the link posted.

It was left up to the individual by the Convention.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
But the report by the Baptists very conservatively stated that there were elements of Freemasonry incompatible with Christianity. It's just not in the nature of Protestant churches to forbid this or that from on high. With regard to exercising church authority, Protestants tend to have an easy handed approach.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
Another example of TRH having "inside" knowledge of an organization he doesn't belong to based on what someone else was, allegedly, telling him.

Once again, I'll stick with actual knowledge. Funny, guys like Tide, etc. apparently aren't privy to the "secret knowledge" that an outsider has. Reminds me of his insider knowledge of "police policy" and hiring practices that he knows nothing of in reality.

George

Kinda like his claim that 90% of our military are trained psychopaths.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But the report by the Baptists very conservatively stated that there were elements of Freemasonry incompatible with Christianity. It's just not in the nature of Protestant churches to forbid this or that from on high. With regard to exercising church authority, Protestants tend to have an easy handed approach.

That is true for Baptists we have a local church up view whereas Methodist have an Organization down leadership.

The "controversial" part of the report is that it is thought that many Masons were stacked into the convention and on creating the report in order to sway it in their favor. Of this I have no personal knowledge but can easily be found by "binging" SBC and Freemasonry.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Does Masonry conflict with Christianity in any way.?
Well, since they worship Satan, I'd say so, yes.

You, sir, are an ignorant, lying, lowlife, miserable worm that has insulted and attempted to besmirch many, many excellent men whom you are not fit to lick the bottoms of their shoes, nor walk upright in their presence.

My father was a Master Mason for 61 years, and was known by all he associated with to be an honest, forthright, loyal, Christ-confessing, family-loving man. His life set a sterling example for my brothers and sister and I of how to live and treat others. The opening line, spoken by the Minister at his funeral service was "We are here to celebrate a life well lived." You can rest assured that that will never be spoken about you.

I was saved 35 years ago, serve and profess Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and, though I'm far from perfect, to the best of my ability I follow His direction in my life, and ask forgiveness and repent when I fall short of His Glory. But I also am a 32nd Degree Mason through the Scottish Rite and a 14th Degree Mason and Knight Templar through the York Rite of Freemasonry, and was raised to the degree of Master Mason 34 years ago.

You have no idea what you are blathering about.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Skeezix
[quote=The_Real_Hawkeye]

That's never stopped him before.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
[quote=The_Real_Hawkeye]

That's never stopped him before.

Sadly true. crazy

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Wondering why anyone would want to be part of any organization whose membership create so much dissension and hard feelings. Surprised that you Masons can't even agree who you are or what you represent.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know that my Grandfather dropped out of the Masons for some reason and didn't hold them in very high regard.

I think it had something to do with the oaths he was being asked to swear to. I'm not sure what the deal was...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
As to TRH and his comrades.........A hurt dog hollers the loudest.....Does someone have a BLACKBALL in their past?

"......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Wondering why anyone would want to be part of any organization whose membership create so much dissension and hard feelings. Surprised that you Masons can't even agree who you are or what you represent.

The same can be said of MANY large organizations or groups. Look at organized "Christianity", for example - and the many different denominations it's made of. And look at some of those denominations. Many have split, and split yet again over "so much dissension and hard feelings."

Look at our government.

Organizations mean different things to different members. They join for different reasons and stay active or not for different reasons. Why would you expect Freemasonry to be any different?????? We are ALL imperfect beings, and nothing made by man is perfect.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
maybe they tried to get him to swear not to tell their "secrets"
or you will willingly have your EYES GOUGED OUT OF YOUR HEAD what kind of group of people have secrets that require that oath??

If you really like something,you better buy two!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Does Masonry conflict with Christianity in any way.?
Well, since they worship Satan, I'd say so, yes.

You, sir, are an ignorant, lying, lowlife, miserable worm that has insulted and attempted to besmirch many, many excellent men whom you are not fit to lick the bottoms of their shoes, nor walk upright in their presence.

My father was a Master Mason for 61 years, and was known by all he associated with to be an honest, forthright, loyal, Christ-confessing, family-loving man. His life set a sterling example for my brothers and sister and I of how to live and treat others. The opening line, spoken by the Minister at his funeral service was "We are here to celebrate a life well lived." You can rest assured that that will never be spoken about you.

I was saved 35 years ago, serve and profess Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and, though I'm far from perfect, to the best of my ability I follow His direction in my life, and ask forgiveness and repent when I fall short of His Glory. But I also am a 32nd Degree Mason through the Scottish Rite and a 14th Degree Mason and Knight Templar through the York Rite of Freemasonry, and was raised to the degree of Master Mason 34 years ago.

You just haven't climbed the ladder high enough yet. When you do, all will be revealed. At least that's what TRH has been saying. I think he's full of excrement.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That doesnt mean his uncle wasnt full of schit

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not a Mason. Many years ago I began doing the DeMolay thing but decided that it was not my thing. My Grandfather was a 33rd degree Mason and my Grandmother was an Eastern Star member. They were also members of the Methodist Church on a level which I will never approach.

There was nothing evil or Satanic about any aspect of his life and he lived his life right out in the open. He was never one to stand by and allow evil to continue in his presence or with is knowledge. Every man or woman I have ever known who was associated with Freemasonry were morally and ethically right people.

I have known many Baptists, Catholics, and other "Christians" who profess moral and ethical righteousness who most assuredly are not.

I do know that Satan hates the righteous and that there is no low he will not stoop to in attempting to discredit them, even to the point of telling lies about associating himself with them.

A Freemason is welcome in my camp any time, all others must prove themselves.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by birddog65
maybe they tried to get him to swear not to tell their "secrets"
or you will willingly have your EYES GOUGED OUT OF YOUR HEAD what kind of group of people have secrets that require that oath??
Makes you wonder, doesn't it? If they're doing nothing that society in general wouldn't condemn upon hearing of it, why the need for that sort of secrecy oath?

PS There are only two organizations that call what they participate in "the craft." Those are The Church of Wicca, and the Freemasons.

PPS You folks in "the craft," why not just join something like you local Lions Club chapter? Not enough special "hands up" from an organization like that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Other than Catholics, what other organized Christianity has condemned Masons that may well be members of their church?
Someone already posted where Baptists determined it was incompatible with Christianity.

No one person or group speaks for Baptists. Each Baptist church is autonomous, so pick another denomination to prove your point.

The SBC is just what the name implies; a Convention. It has ZERO authority over the individual churches since Baptists have a Congregational form of government.

You would be hard pressed to find a Baptist church with at least 30 male members without noticing a Masonic ring.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I still don't give a $hit

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cisco1
I still don't give a $hit

Finally, a post I can agree with.

The title of this thread should read-

Welcome to Dipschitville...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lions Club
Elks Lodge
Eagles Lodge
American Legion
VFW

All state......whatever happens inside these walls stays here

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Page 24 of 67 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

442 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,744 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,971
Posts18,519,772
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.