Hop To
Page 27 of 67 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 66 67
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by curdog4570

"Bearing false witness" is too grave a matter to parrot internet B.S. as truth.
It is a long train of history, centuries long, that bears witness to the occult nature of "the craft" and the corruption it engenders in society and government.

When TRH talks of �organized Christianity, nearly since its founding� that narrows the field quite a bit.
Makes it easy to find the source of trash talk about Masons or anyone else with an open mind.
Back in the good old days, those who disagrees with doctrine got invited to the BBQ.

Plenty of late comers of course; the history of Christianity is full of God Fearing Bigots as well as plenty of Good People.

The truth that Freemasons only have to profess a belief in a Supreme Being is a big plus in my book.
Puts the Lie to �the occult nature of "the craft" and the corruption it engenders in society and government.�

Religious bigotry is one of the main reasons that 68 percent of us on this old earth do not accept that we have to be Christians to find out whatever Heaven really is all about.
77 percent of us for the same reasons do not accept we have to be Muslim to find out.

Those who say they �Know��really have no more idea than anyone else.

That is the end of my Sermon�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My real life society?

I understand that this is the Freak Show but it is a snippet of society. God help us all if it were a true reflection of society at large.

We'd really be screwed then. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART
You mistake worship of God for loyalty to some pricks wearing dress'.

No, I know that even though one of those "pricks" handed Jesus over, Truth wins out in the end.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
So, are you saying that loyalty to church is on a parity with loyalty to God?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
In addition, is it your argument the world would be a better place if all the Shriner just stayed home and prayed instead of actually going out and helping people?
God says he's not particularly impressed with good works that are not done for his glory but only out of human motives, which are always ultimately selfish.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by BLRNut
Well I had to chime in. This might be longer than most want to read , but please try to understand, this hit home hard and deep.

First off let me say I am not a Mason or a Shriner, I have hinted, but never been invited. I was one of those 9 month old babies who contracted that dreaded disease polio, long ago in 1942. I was one of the Lucky ones. After the next four years of the Sister Kenny treatment - wrapped in steaming hot packs, massage, and exercise - the only residual paralysis was a right arm that I was unable to use.
I attended a Shriner's clinic yearly from age 8. We drove 40 miles over twisting West Virginia roads, waited in the church where the clinic was held and my mother prayed every year that this would be the year the doctors would say, "We will take him, get him to Philadelphia." Then when I was 12 her prayers were answered.
My parents and I rode the train to Philadelphia. After a long examination the nurse said "Just leave his shoes and we will take care of EVERYTHING." AND THEY DID. For one entire year they did take care of everything. They feed, clothed, haircuted, exercised, Santa Claused, Easter Bunnied, and did their MAGIC. I went in unable to move my right arm, after 3 orthopedic surgeries, I was not only able to raise my right arm, I was able to bend my elbow. I went in the hospital making B's and C's in the 8th grade and came out to make all A's in high school.
The education Shriners gave far exceeded academics, they gave me the will and drive to succeed. I obtained a Ph.D. from Purdue University, taught college till I retired 5 years ago.

Masons, Shriners, their Hospital, the physicians, nurses, teachers gave me the opportunity to live the great life I have.

Even today sixty years later I still thank every Mason and Shriner I see, where ever I see them, I have thanked them at a rest stop in Alabama, to the Dallas airport. To me My angels wear Red Hats.

Until I read some of the comments other 24HCF members have made on this topic, I didn't realize the level of misinformation concerning Masons and/or Shriners. All I ask you who are seeking the truth is to visit one of their hospitals. Those children are there receiving the highest level of care any Health Care institution in the world can provide. That care is being provided at ABSOLUTELY NO COST to the patient or their family. Until you see the tears of the doctors, nurses, physical therapist and yes even that boy, as a 13 year boy raises his arm for the first time, you will never comprehend the wonders the Masons and Shriners do. Everyone of the Masons and Shriners I have thanked have all said, 'We need no thanks", even as tears streamed down my grateful face. Yes, even after all these years I get Choked up and tearful and I will always.
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not ... done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart ye that work iniquity."

- Matt 7:22,23

If you do good works for the glory of Freemasonry, it's like building your house on the sand, and it will not withstand the judgment.

Maybe the Masons are right:
For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. -- Matthew 16.27

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. -- Revelation 20:12-13

Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. -- 2 Corinthians 11:15

The Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work. -- 1 Peter 1:17

I will give unto every one of you according to your works. -- Revelation 2:23

Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work. -- Revelation 22:12

In addition, is it your argument the world would be a better place if all the Shriner just stayed home and prayed instead of actually going out and helping people?
God says he's not particularly impressed with good works that are not done for his glory but rather out of human motives, which are always ultimately selfish.

So the Shriners should of just stayed home and prayed??

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/09/13.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Loyalty to The Truth is loyalty to God. I believe that my church has the best understanding & transmission of The Truth.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Is someone forcing folks to do good works for the glory of the Shriners instead of for the glory of God?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by curdog4570

"Bearing false witness" is too grave a matter to parrot internet B.S. as truth.
It is a long train of history, centuries long, that bears witness to the occult nature of "the craft" and the corruption it engenders in society and government.

When TRH talks of �organized Christianity, nearly since its founding� ...
The word "its" (in the reference in question) refers to the Masons, i.e., nearly since the founding of the Masons, organized Christianity has judged it incomparable with Christ's message. You seem to have a serious reading comprehension issue.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Point is, we often reach conclusions based on our own bias.

If you are predisposed to believe a certain thing, you will search for facts to support that position, disregarding facts that disprove your preconceived notions.

I think this fits about 95% of the posts on the Hunter's Campfire that are gleaned from the news.

I know that evidence needs to be overwhelmingly compelling before I will change my opinion, and a five minute blurb or some tosser spruiking certainly will not do it.
On the other hand I am more than happy to discuss the position that I and others take on a given subject, and if I think the other is a tosser or that his position is erroneous then I simply put him in the "f_ckwit" basket.

That must be a pretty big basket......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The Church is the Body of Christ. Ever read Paul?

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by BarryC

Loyalty to The Truth is loyalty to God. I believe that my church has the best understanding & transmission of The Truth.

Please define the notion of "truth". wink

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God says he's not particularly impressed with good works that are not done for his glory but only out of human motives, which are always ultimately selfish.

dude you musta flunked those psych courses you say you took.....all acts are selfish.....even those done in his glory.....

besides Shriners or not im pretty sure he is fine with people helping others even for selfish reasons versus not helping them at all and alot of this is the reason guys like the Shriners and other fraturnal organizations want the secrecy oaths....i know a hell of alot of medical and financial info of alot of those we have helped and its no ones [bleep] business what their problems are and how much we have helped them financially and otherwise but ours...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Is someone forcing folks to do good works for the glory of the Shriners instead of for the glory of God?

You dodged the question.

Should they have stayed home, or instead, gone to church and prayed?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The Church is the Body of Christ. Ever read Paul?

So, if I get this right...you are saying that Christ is responsible for the paedophiles molesting young boys, for sure as shooting the church is most definitely responsible for allowing it to continue by simply moving the rock spiders on to new victims.

How the hell can anyone show loyalty to a group of thieving paedophiles (that is right, if the group allows the action it is condoning it) that raped, stole, pillaged, murdered and generally f_cked over entire countries for the past thousand years at least...not just a couple of them, whole generations.

Crusades, witch burnings, etc.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by smokepole

That must be a pretty big basket......

It is getting bigger.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

That is your belief and you are welcome to it, but do not attempt to get me to blindly follow.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You're employing the logical fallacy known as the false dichotomy or false dilemma. The possibility also exists for members of those organizations to stop doing their deeds for the glory of said organizations and start doing them for the glory of God, in which case they'd have merit before God.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That is your belief and you are welcome to it, but do not attempt to get me to blindly follow.

Actually, I'm asking you to think.

Did you miss my post, #8337042?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You're employing the logical fallacy known as the false dichotomy or false dilemma. The possibility also exists for members of those organizations to stop doing their deeds for the glory of said organizations and start doing them for the glory of God, in which case they'd have merit before God.

There is something wrong with you, isn't there?

Page 27 of 67 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (16gage, 1badf350, 1moredeer, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 3,060 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,961
Posts18,519,472
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.