Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 38 of 67 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 66 67
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Good God, I have just realised how totally irrelevant you actually are.

Bye-bye.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BarryC
It's 4 AM in Adelaide.
He never sleeps. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not when there's a reasoned argument to refute.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Your funny......keep surfing the net
Criticizing the use of the internet in this day and age is about as compelling as criticizing the use of the library circa 1970. Instead of focusing your criticism on the mechanism through which facts and arguments are accessed, you'd enjoy more credibility if you focused on rational refutations of those facts and arguments.

You're still a kick in the pants......funny

Keep this thread going a couple more weeks so you can educate my brothers at the next meeting. We hadn't had as many old guys laughing like they did last night ever!!

One old guy said "so this is what people do on the internet?" And just shook his head

Keep digging......this is entertaining.....but not without your tin foil cap

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If one had a devilish sense of humor (see what I did there? smile ), it might be interesting to take some of the social policy advocated by a few of the self proclaimed devout on this site and compare it to that advocated by Anton LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan and the author of The Satanic Bible.

If one believes that works spring from faith it might even be cringeworthy. It is quite a slander to throw around loosely.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Criticizing the use of the internet in this day and age is about as compelling as criticizing the use of the library circa 1970. Instead of focusing your criticism on the mechanism through which facts and arguments are accessed, you'd enjoy more credibility if you focused on rational refutations of those facts and arguments.

Keep this thread going a couple more weeks so you can educate my brothers at the next meeting. We hadn't had as many old guys laughing like they did last night ever!!

One old guy said "so this is what people do on the internet?" And just shook his head

Tell them to keep laughing. It's a natural and effective anxiolytic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude

They must have been desperate when they offered me a membership. laugh

LOL, More amazing stuff right there..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread started with a question about the compatibility of Chritianity and being a Mason. I offered my interpretation of it based on how my father lived his life. He was an honorable man. Period. Then Browneye made the statement that Masons worship Satan and the SHTF.

On the subject of honorable men Browneye has made absolutely no attempt to apologize for his condemnation of Masons who are honorable men.

So ... Who's honorable and who isn't?

Prejudice, intolerance, and judging your fellow man based on your beliefs and your perceptions without knowing what's in the heart and mind of someone else is very shallow. I can understand that some would find conflict with their beliefs and with their perceptions of Masonry but to condemn others who's beliefs differ, those who have found no conflict in their hearts and minds, and those who have chosen to live life in an honorable way is wrong in the eyes of the Lord as stated in scripture.

MATTHEW 7:1-5:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye."

LEVITICUS 19:15-17: "Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbor. Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbor: I am the Lord. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbor, and not suffer sin upon him."

There's many other passages in the bible that address this same subject and if you need more I'll be happy to provide them.

Just so that I won't be construed as hypocrite I'll stand with my judgement of Browneye and the fact the he's an AZZHOLE.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Tell them to keep laughing. It's a natural and effective anxiolytic.

The great thing about this thread is the entertainment value.

I keep coming back to it over and over

Love it !!!!

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The great thing about this thread is the entertainment value.

I keep coming back to it over and over

Love it !!!!

It's all good and fun until somebody accuses you of laughing at a retard. laugh laugh laugh

No offense to the mentally handicapped intended. smile

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by derby_dude

They must have been desperate when they offered me a membership. laugh

LOL, More amazing stuff right there..

That's what I thought to. laugh

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I'll freely admit that I know very little about masonry. I did some searching and came up with this site. The following is from there and describes the masonic religious beliefs. I don't claim to know for sure if this is true, but it it is,there's no possible way to be both a real Christian and a mason.
MASONRY & CHRISTIANITY

Below is detailed what the Masons believe about their source of authority, God, Jesus Christ, sin, and salvation and future life:

1. Source of Authority. Masons refer to the Bible as the "Volume of the Sacred Law" (V.S.L.), and it is considered an indispensable part of what is called "the furniture" in a Masonic Lodge. But the Bible is used only in a so-called "Christian" lodge -- the Hebrew Pentateuch is used in a Hebrew lodge, the Koran in a Mohammedan lodge, the Vedas in a Brahmin lodge, etc. Jim Shaw, a former 33rd degree Mason, says that Masonry is not based on the Bible (referred to as "The Great Light"), but on the Kabala (Cabala), a medieval book of mysticism and magic. Masonic authority Henry Wilson Coil also admits that the Kabala's teachings can be seen in some of the mystical and philosophical degrees of Masonry. Albert Pike (see next), the man responsible for virtually rewriting the Scottish Rite degrees into their present form, said that the Masonic "search after light" leads directly back to the Kabala, the ultimate source of Masonic beliefs (Morals and Dogma). [HJB]

One of the great authorities on Masonry was Albert Pike (1809-1901), Sovereign Grand Commander of the Southern Supreme Council of Scottish Right Freemasonry in the USA and "an honorary member of almost every Supreme Council in the world" (Albert G. Mackey, 33rd degree, and Charles T. McClenachan, 33rd degree, Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, The Masonic History Company, 1921, rev. ed.; 2:564). Pike authored Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry for the Supreme Council of the 33rd Degree, which was published by its authority. This compendium of official Masonic lore clearly traces Masonry to Hinduism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, and other Eastern religions. Albert G. Mackey, co-author of Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, is also one of Masonry's highest authorities. In his Manual of the Lodge, he traces Masonic teaching back to "the ancient rites and mysteries practiced in the very bosom of pagan darkness. ..." (Albert G. Mackey, Manual of the Lodge, Macoy and Sickles, 1802, p. 96).

In the final analysis, Masons do not adjust their beliefs to fit the Bible, the Bible is adjusted to fit their beliefs. A Mason's loyalty is never to God but to the Lodge. Coil has concluded that: "The prevailing Masonic opinion is that the Bible is only a symbol of Divine Will, Law, or Revelation, and not that its contents are Divine Law, inspired, or revealed. So far, no responsible authority has held that a Freemason must believe the Bible or any part of it." Masonry's only concern is that each person must swear by the most holy book he knows, so that he will then keep the oaths of Freemasonry. (See Endnote #2 again.)

2. God. Masons require one to believe in God to be a member, but the candidate is never required to say what god he believes in -- "Masonry ... requires merely that you believe in some deity, give him what name you will ... any god will do, so he is your god" (Little Masonic Library, Macoy Publishing, 1977, 4:32). Masons commonly refer to their deity as the "Great Architect of the Universe" (G.A.O.T.U.) or the Supreme Being. God is further described as Grand Artificer, Grand Master of the Grand Lodge Above, Jehovah, Allah, Buddha, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, or Great Geometer. (The "G" in the Masonic ring can refer to God; it can also refer to geometry.) Masons claim that the actual name for God has been lost (cf. Jn. 14:8,9; Phil. 2:9-11; 1 Jn. 5:20) [HJB].

3. Jesus Christ. The name of Christ is seldom referred to in Masonic literature, apparently due to Masons not wanting to offend their non-Christian members. Some Masonic leaders even teach that the Messiah will not be an individual, but "the perfection of the human race." One such leader thinks that the stories about various Messiahs have their origin in the most ancient of religious beliefs -- Solar Worship. Masons, therefore, consider the discussion about the deity of Christ to be an endless, futile argument. When quoting from the Bible, references to Christ are omitted, and prayer is never allowed to be offered (in a "well-ordered" lodge) in the name of Jesus Christ. Masons do not care whether a person privately petitions God or Jehovah, Allah or Buddha, Mohammed or Jesus, the God of Israel or the "Great First Cause," but in the Lodge, the only petition allowed is to the "Great Architect of the Universe." [HJB] Clearly then, Freemasonry does not believe that Jesus Christ is God, nor that salvation is available only through Him (cf. 1 Jn. 4:3). Freemasonry is a religion without a Savior.

At the heart of Masonry is a secret Luciferian doctrine which a Mason only comes to understand as he reaches the higher levels. Manly Palmer Hall, another of the great authorities on Masonry, writes, "When the Mason ... has learned the mystery of his Craft, the seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands. ..." (Manly Palmer Hall, The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, p. 48). The Apostle John warned that those who deny that Jesus is the only, all sufficient Christ, and that He came once and for all in the flesh, have embraced the spirit of Antichrist (1 Jn. 4:1-3). That Jesus was not the Christ, but that He had attained to the state of "Christ-consciousness" available to all mankind, is again part of Masonry: "Jesus of Nazareth had attained a level of consciousness, of perfection, that has been called by various names: cosmic consciousness, soul regeneration, philosophic initiation, spiritual illumination, Brahmic Splendor, Christ-consciousness" (Lynn F. Perkins, The Meaning of Masonry, CSA Press, 1971, p. 53).

4. Sin. Sin is seldom referred to in Masonic literature. The reality of sin in the Biblical sense is denied (much like the Christian Scientists); Masons think that any "shortcomings" can be overcome by greater enlightenment. Yet in attaining the degree of Master Mason, the symbolism implies that a person is redeemed from the death of sin and sin's pollution. [HJB]

5. Salvation and Future Life. Masons think that salvation refers to being brought from the material to the spiritual; i.e., when man returns to "his forgotten inherent spirituality." Masons believe that the degree of Master Mason is symbolical of old age, which allows a person to happily reflect on a well-spent life and to "die in the hope of a glorious immortality." Because they deny the reality of sin, Masons see no need of salvation in the Biblical sense. They see salvation as a step-by-step enlightenment, which comes through initiation into the Masonic degrees and their mysteries. [HJB]

In the 19th degree of Scottish Rite Freemasonry, the initiate is told that attachment to Masonry's "statutes and rules of the order" will make him "deserving of entering the celestial Jerusalem [heaven]." In the 28th degree, he is told that "the true Mason [is one] who raises himself by degrees till he reaches heaven" and that one of his duties is "To divest [him]self of original sin ..." Masons clearly teach a salvation by works, or character development, not a salvation by faith in Christ alone. Even in the 32nd Degree, a Mason never can nor will find the "light" he is looking for.

Looks to me as though a reasonable effort has been made to give an honest & balanced answer to the OP's inquiry... With, it should be added, properly cited sources.

Anybody have sources to cite which refute this? I am genuinely interested because this seems to have been turned into a circus and I haven't much firsthand knowledge of the practices/beliefs of this group.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fish head
This thread started with a question about the compatibility of Chritianity and being a Mason. I offered my interpretation of it based on how my father lived his life. He was an honorable man. Period.

I think it has been pretty well established that how one man (or even several) superficially live their lives has about ZERO to do with the subject.

There are a lot of good moslems out there too, but that doesn't mean the dogma is any good.

ETA: I notice that LeVeyan Satanism advocates doing works of charity too. Does that mean it's a good dogma? Is it in conflict with Christianity? Can it be?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by fish head

It's all good and fun until somebody accuses you of laughing at a retard. laugh laugh laugh

Don't worry about it. Malicious imps should be chastened at regular intervals.

You know, it's funny, he gets more abuse in this forum than Lee24 ever did, but he keeps coming back the next morning, regular as clockwork, chattering away like no one said anything mean to him the day before.

Every day is Groundhog Day for Hawkeye.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"Every day is Groundhog Day for Hawkeye!"

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTT

Five days ... 754 replies ... kookiness galore.

We ain't done yet. Let's keep this thread alive! grin

(no beating dead horses please)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, what is the conclusion?

Masons are just kooky grown men playing dress-up in a secret "no gurlz" club or are they engaging in a non-Christian cult?

I know. I love tying your shoe laces together too. laugh

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

In conclusion, what I've learned.

Masons:

1) Serve a good Breakfast.
2) Do good things for kids.
3) Worship Satan (all except Fishhead's Pa!)
4) Wear cool hats
5) Drive awesome cars.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

"Christians" can bash each other in public and Masons can't. Masons can screw over anyone that's not a Mason and "Christians" can screw over anyone and each other.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are they the guys that invented the Mason-Dixon line?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Page 38 of 67 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 14 invisible), 788 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,906
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.