Print Thread
Hop To
Page 41 of 67 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 66 67
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Nah.....you coppy and paste all you want

Thanks for your blessings to copy and paste Ted.

Seems......but no

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Except that he, Jesus, said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

Not so tolerant! He did love, He is love, but His love is to lead one to a reconciliation with almighty GOD.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
That's close to my take on the issue. You don't find too much (if any) "hate and revile the other religions" in Buddhism and Hinduism. Though folks may chastise me about this over the actions of the fundamentalists even original Islam was fairly tolerant of other religions...

Where do you come up with this ignorant stuff?
What kind of hayseed falls for that?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you, and bless you.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
...because the original teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, stripped of the dogma and doctrine piled on his name by those in power, was basically a teaching of tolerance and love for all mankind no matter who they were.

^^^^^
Yep.

That's about the only thing you got right. The rest was rubbish.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by catnthehat
This is interesting in that to be a Christian who believes the above, everybody else is wrong, be they Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, or whatever.
The problem with this idea however, as we all well know, is that even "Christian" religions there are those that would kill one another in the name of god - theirs, yours , or my God??!!
However, according to whoever wrote this, he is right and everybody else is a heathen because he is "Christian" !
Last I checked Jesus was a Jew, not a Christian.
Cat

It is the true Christian's belief, that the Bible is the true and inspired Word of God. There is no hope contained within the Bible by which mankind can be reconciled to the true God and Creator of the Universe, outside of Jesus Christ.
It isn't a matter of "I'm right" and "Everyone else is wrong". It is a matter of what God says in the Scriptures, which is, Jesus is the only way for man be reconciled to God.

This isn't my words.

I didn't make the rules.

This is The Rules set by God Himself.

Since the Garden of Eden, Satan has been trying to deceive mankind, to believe anything other than that simple Truth. He is very successful and very good at what he does.

As far as "Christians killing one another in the name of their god"? I don't know of any Christians that have done that.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you, and bless you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_violence_in_India

I mean, geez, you could at least check Wikipedia before you spout off with ignorant rubbish like that. Just get the most minimal information...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Except that he, Jesus, said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."
Not so tolerant! He did love, He is love, but His love is to lead one to a reconciliation with almighty GOD.

Driving people away from 'Christianity' because of the intolerance that Jim in Idaho mentioned isn't leading anyone to a "reconciliation with the almighty GOD"...it is in fact pushing many people further away...! No brownie points for that.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim, Ignorance like that is truly appalling. In this day and age with education so easily available, there's just no excuse.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Driving people away from 'Christianity' because of the intolerance that Jim in Idaho mentioned isn't leading anyone to a "reconciliation with the almighty GOD"...it is in fact pushing many people further away...! No brownie points for that.

People are driven away when they find out that God doesn't approve of them rutting like beasties of the woods. People get driven away when they find out that there is no promise of a suffering free life. People get driven away when they find out that God wants their worship. People get driven away when they find out God has standards for behavior.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by snubbie
[

As far as "Christians killing one another in the name of their god"? I don't know of any Christians that have done that.

The Irish come to mind, as do the English , when it comes to Protestants against Catholics, the french, and almost any other country where one is pitted against the other - all in thew name of God.
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anglican vs Catholic goes back to a king that wanted his rutting blessed by The Church. Should The Church have capitulated?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BarryC

People are driven away when they find out that God doesn't approve of them rutting like beasties of the woods. People get driven away when they find out that there is no promise of a suffering free life. People get driven away when they find out that God wants their worship. People get driven away when they find out God has standards for behavior.

Or CHOOSE to believe lies and deception.

And I know all about that, I followed lies and deception a large part of my life.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No driving anyone away, I love people enough to accurately quote God's word and not sugar coat in a Universalism message. If people think the life of a Christian is easy peasy they are wrong we are to be a peculiar people and not just "go along" with world views even if that puts us at odds with the world.

This is life and death serious with eternal consequences, if you want to hear messages from people with sugar in their mouth I suggest Joel Osteen or Oprah.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC

They get driven away for lots of reasons...it's hard to imagine though that some people who profess to be Christians don't have a problem being one of those reasons...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by catnthehat
Originally Posted by snubbie
[

The Irish come to mind, as do the English , when it comes to Protestants against Catholics, the french, and almost any other country where one is pitted against the other - all in thew name of God.
Cat

Calling yourself "Christian" and actually being Christian are not necessarily the same thing. Much evil has been done by evil man and oftentimes justified in the name of Jesus. Doesn't equate to condemnation of Christ himself or a guilty indictment of true Christians.

I can call myself a Mason but that doesn't make me one! grin

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Forgot.....my lovely wife reminded me

I'm also a proud Widowed Son

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

No driving anyone away, I love people enough to accurately quote God's word and not sugar coat in a Universalism message. If people think the life of a Christian is easy peasy they are wrong we are to be a peculiar people and not just "go along" with world views even if that puts us at odds with the world.

This is life and death serious with eternal consequences, if you want to hear messages from people with sugar in their mouth I suggest Joel Osteen or Oprah.

Mike

I would prefer that people converse with their deity of choice in silence, and leave the rest of us alone.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"I would prefer that people converse with their deity of choice in silence, and leave the rest of us alone."

This

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is why we have the scroll function and the ignore option.

It is your right to do as you please and my right to do as I please.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Page 41 of 67 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

249 members (2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 673, 1badf350, 29aholic, 40 invisible), 1,660 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,847
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.