Print Thread
Hop To
Page 42 of 67 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 66 67
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by snubbie
Originally Posted by catnthehat
[quote=snubbie][

As far as "Christians killing one another in the name of their god"? I don't know of any Christians that have done that.

The Irish come to mind, as do the English , when it comes to Protestants against Catholics, the french, and almost any other country where one is pitted against the other - all in thew name of God.
Cat

Calling yourself "Christian" and actually being Christian are not necessarily the same thing. Much evil has been done by evil man and oftentimes justified in the name of Jesus. Doesn't equate to condemnation of Christ himself or a guilty indictment of true Christians.
I can call myself a Mason but that doesn't make me one![quote]

Well I consider myself a Christian and Free Mason, but certainly do not consider myself free of sin nor on a higher level than my fellow man who may or may not be of the Christian faith or of a society of men who prize honour and virtue above the external advantages of rank and fortune

We are what we are, and how we govern our life will be judged later by the Almighty as well all will have to give an account of our lives.......
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd answer but you seem worked up and angry about this and I don't want to exacerbate it.

Truly and without sarcasm, I wish you peace and joy in this Christmas season.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tedthorn

"I would prefer that people converse with their deity of choice in silence, and leave the rest of us alone."

This

Then the question begs, if you don't want to hear it, why do you debate with "them" about it? Seems to me, if you want your say in the matter, the other side gets their say too.

I've never been able to understand why the God haters (not saying you are one)don't simply chuckle and walk away at those "silly believers in superstition". Seems they always want to spew their own vitriolic "gospel" then demand that those "silly believers" shut up because, well, THEY are obnoxious or somehow infringing on some non-existent freedom FROM religion.

If one doesn't like the Message, he doesn't have to listen. And THAT is a God given right. You can just turn your back and walk away.

But every single person has to decide what to do with this Jesus.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I'd answer but you seem worked up and angry about this and I don't want to exacerbate it.

Best post on the thread! Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"I would prefer that people converse with their deity of choice in silence, and leave the rest of us alone."

This

Then the question begs, if you don't want to hear it, why do you debate with "them" about it? Seems to me, if you want your say in the matter, the other side gets their say too.

I've never been able to understand why the God haters (not saying you are one)don't simply chuckle and walk away at those "silly believers in superstition". Seems they always want to spew their own vitriolic "gospel" then demand that those "silly believers" shut up because, well, THEY are obnoxious or somehow infringing on some non-existent freedom FROM religion.

If one doesn't like the Message, he doesn't have to listen. And THAT is a God given right. You can just turn your back and walk away.

I throw out bait......I don't de-bait

Non of this in any shape or form bothers me

It's quite entertaining to read....I like it

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This

It does make one wonder how a person who either doesn't know, doesn't understand or doesn't believe or is in such rebellion to one of the basic tenets of Christianity is so certain that an organization he belongs to isn't in conflict with Christianity as the original poster asked.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

And a very Merry Christmas to you to ,good Sir!
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by catnthehat
[quote=catnthehat][quote=snubbie][

As far as "Christians killing one another in the name of their god"? I don't know of any Christians that have done that.

The Irish come to mind, as do the English , when it comes to Protestants against Catholics, the french, and almost any other country where one is pitted against the other - all in thew name of God.
Cat

Calling yourself "Christian" and actually being Christian are not necessarily the same thing. Much evil has been done by evil man and oftentimes justified in the name of Jesus. Doesn't equate to condemnation of Christ himself or a guilty indictment of true Christians.
I can call myself a Mason but that doesn't make me one!

Well I consider myself a Christian and Free Mason, but certainly do not consider myself free of sin nor on a higher level than my fellow man who may or may not be of the Christian faith or of a society of men who prize honour and virtue above the external advantages of rank and fortune

We are what we are, and how we govern our life will be judged later by the Almighty as well all will have to give an account of our lives.......
Cat

I'm not sure what your entire response means so I'll just address the ^part I highlighted^ in bold.

If we are to be judged on how we govern our lives, we are going to fail the test. We are all already guilty. We will be judged on whether we grasp hold of the Mercy and Grace of God offered to us through Jesus Christ.

Mercy is not receiving what we deserve.
Grace is receiving what we don't deserve.

Both are offered by, and the examples of, the great love God has for us, through Jesus Christ and Him alone.

We will be judge on what we do with this Jesus.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

This

I throw out bait......I don't de-bait

Non of this in any shape or form bothers me

It's quite entertaining to read....I like it

And that sir, is a great tragedy. It truly saddens my heart to see those words you've written. I mean that sincerely.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

gpopecustomknives.com

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Well said, Snubbie.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TRH,
My hat's off to you for staying in this train wreck for so long. People who walk in darkness CHOOSE to do that. I figure the rank and file Mason doesn't have a clue and is thus, somewhat innocent as a result of ignorance but at the same time, responsible for NOT being ignorant when information is available for those who seek it. What I cannot fathom is why they wouldn't WANT to know the truth. That's why I said WAAAAY back there in this thread to "do your own research".

So some 33rd something, grand *poobah comes on here and says, "No, no, that's hogwash" and well, there's my research! That's good enough for me!

Does anyone REALLY expect that some high ranked Mason that truly DOES know the truth would come on here and admit anything. Or would it be more reasonable, for one to come on here and continue the deception that is wrapped up in the root and core of the Freemason society.

Well shucks, let's believe the grand *poobah.

So that's why I got out of the Mason debate days ago. I answered the OP's question, by saying I did not believe Christianity and Freemason groups were compatible, and expressed why I felt that way, based on real experiences I've had. That's pretty much all I have to say about it.

But people want to talk about Jesus? Well, I just joined the discussion again.

Anyway, again my hat's off to you for your tenacity and bearing up under a fair amount of name calling and abuse.

Edit: *poobah, title used with apologies to Ingwe. wink

Last edited by snubbie; 12/11/13.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

gpopecustomknives.com

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

This

Because every single thread is infested with those same "silly believers in superstition", and there is no possible way they won't turn any opportunity into a preaching session where they can look down their collective nose and attempt to appear superior.

Now bugger off and go infest the hidden members only God-botherer thread...or do you lot bring your crap out here because you get sick of the other god-botherers proselytising at you.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems if "every single thread" bothered you, you wouldn't come to the campfire!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by shreck
I got nothin.

This will be over soon. Just someones opinion which the link will show at the end.

No.

I'll keep tying my shoelaces together. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone want pancakes and sausages?

I'm buying. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I think it has been very rational for the most part. It only got escalated when people made threats or went off the subject.
??? A rational and measured discussion of such a controversial topic as Freemasonry?????

If you really like something,you better buy two!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Seems if "every single thread" bothered you, you wouldn't come to the campfire!

Mike

Feel free to try stop me.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image]

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The cars and horses are all part of the ruse to make them seem harmless and cool.

If you really like something,you better buy two!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hands down, the dumbest thread EVER! crazy

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Page 42 of 67 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

249 members (2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 673, 1badf350, 29aholic, 40 invisible), 1,660 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,847
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.